Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant
    #3269935 - 10/24/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

No, this is not an insult but the results of a recent poll. It was on CNN and I did NOT get who conducted it. Sorry.

Seems that most Bush supporters (57%!) don't EVEN have the facts straight. They still believe that Saddam was intricately involved in the 9/11 attacks and the world overwhelmingly favors Bush, plus a series of other misconceptions.

Support Bush if you must, but do it based on Fax, not Fox.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: Swami]
    #3270070 - 10/24/04 01:03 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i dont think their so ignorant as they are just plain mean...bushs' lies are simply too obvious for anyone to actually believe it..so the only logical explanation is that they have some ulterior motive for pretending to do so...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3270229 - 10/24/04 01:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So far they haven't done a survey on Kerry supporters/anti-Bush people (Which, of course will never be done). I think it would show an even higher level of ignorance regarding the relationship between oil and war, capitalism, autocracies, global politics, and terrorism.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #3270292 - 10/24/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Here is the full story and link:

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Pres_Election_04/html/new_10_21_04.html#1

Even after the final report of Charles Duelfer to Congress saying that Iraq did not have a significant WMD program, 72% of Bush supporters continue to believe that Iraq had actual WMD (47%) or a major program for developing them (25%). Fifty-six percent assume that most experts believe Iraq had actual WMD and 57% also assume, incorrectly, that Duelfer concluded Iraq had at least a major WMD program. Kerry supporters hold opposite beliefs on all these points.

Similarly, 75% of Bush supporters continue to believe that Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda, and 63% believe that clear evidence of this support has been found. Sixty percent of Bush supporters assume that this is also the conclusion of most experts, and 55% assume, incorrectly, that this was the conclusion of the 9/11 Commission. Here again, large majorities of Kerry supporters have exactly opposite perceptions.

These are some of the findings of a new study of the differing perceptions of Bush and Kerry supporters, conducted by the Program on International Policy Attitudes and Knowledge Networks, based on polls conducted in September and October.

Steven Kull, director of PIPA, comments, ?One of the reasons that Bush supporters have these beliefs is that they perceive the Bush administration confirming them. Interestingly, this is one point on which Bush and Kerry supporters agree.? Eighty-two percent of Bush supporters perceive the Bush administration as saying that Iraq had WMD (63%) or that Iraq had a major WMD program (19%). Likewise, 75% say that the Bush administration is saying Iraq was providing substantial support to al Qaeda. Equally large majorities of Kerry supporters hear the Bush administration expressing these views?73% say the Bush administration is saying Iraq had WMD (11% a major program) and 74% that Iraq was substantially supporting al Qaeda.

Steven Kull adds, ?Another reason that Bush supporters may hold to these beliefs is that they have not accepted the idea that it does not matter whether Iraq had WMD or supported al Qaeda. Here too they are in agreement with Kerry supporters.? Asked whether the US should have gone to war with Iraq if US intelligence had concluded that Iraq was not making WMD or providing support to al Qaeda, 58% of Bush supporters said the US should not have, and 61% assume that in this case the President would not have. Kull continues, ?To support the president and to accept that he took the US to war based on mistaken assumptions likely creates substantial cognitive dissonance, and leads Bush supporters to suppress awareness of unsettling information about prewar Iraq.? This tendency of Bush supporters to ignore dissonant information extends to other realms as well. Despite an abundance of evidence?including polls conducted by Gallup International in 38 countries, and more recently by a consortium of leading newspapers in 10 major countries--only 31% of Bush supporters recognize that the majority of people in the world oppose the US having gone to war with Iraq. Forty-two percent assume that views are evenly divided, and 26% assume that the majority approves. Among Kerry supporters, 74% assume that the majority of the world is opposed . . .
(You Can Read More At the Site)

Not only are Bush supporters less well-informed about the FACTS, they are less well-informed than Kerry supporters about both their OWN and the opposing candidate's stated policies and positions. See the report here:

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Pres_Election_04/html/new_9_29_04.html

The whole thing sort of reminds me of this guy I knew way back in high school. He was from rural Ohio and obviously raised in a very conservative household. One day he said something that bowled me over so much that I remember it to this day:

"Those fucking liberals! They actually want to stop helping poor people with welfare!"

All he knew was that he was a Republican and that liberals sucked (a belief no doubt pounded into him since birth) and was oblivious to the fact that many of his own personal values were totally at odds with that belief.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: EchoVortex]
    #3270408 - 10/24/04 02:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the article. I suppose the repercussions of this will fly over the heads of many.

--------------------

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #3270426 - 10/24/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Thanks for the article. I suppose the repercussions of this will fly over the heads of many.

I don't think it will even ruffle their hairdos.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3270604 - 10/24/04 04:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

to be honest i think that a good 99%+ of people are truely ignorant, left and right lots try and see teh truth and do much research. but with so many lies, coverups and shit how can anyone know the facts? fbi dude comes out and tells "the truth" about iraqi intelegence...how do we know hes not lieing? we say it on teh news, in journals newspapers. doesnt make it true, jsut accepted. im pretty far on the left but i think its far more 2 sided than many of us are willing to admit.

there is so much bias in this planet i think it would be extremely difficult to have anyone tell what they believe to be 100% truth without any tainting, slanting, implying and whatnot. sad truth but its certainly the way its seems.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3270960 - 10/24/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
So far they haven't done a survey on Kerry supporters/anti-Bush people (Which, of course will never be done). I think it would show an even higher level of ignorance regarding the relationship between oil and war, capitalism, autocracies, global politics, and terrorism.

wrong-o bucko...as the earlier poster noted..they have done such a survey...ill repost the link for your convenience...the results of the survey clearly show kerry voters to be much more in tune with the facts..at least wrt global politcs..war.. and terrorism...

however..that doesnt mean that that the bushistas are "ignorant".. but simply that the facts dont hold up to their agenda...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3270991 - 10/24/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Both sides have a lot of ignorance. I'm sure if we switched up the questions some we could get the opposite results.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#3271005 - 10/24/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with Annapurna.  The facts don't mean much anymore(to either side).  I beilieve that most partially educated people accept anything that comes out of their mouths as a lie, and therefore don't pay attention.  The people that do believe what they're told are helpless.  I also believe that most people are aligning themselves with an image in this election.  Rich people, and rednecks like Bush because that's what they've learned from television.  Peace lovers, "minorities", and people that don't know anything about the issues support Kerry, because that's what they've picked up from the picture box.
When I look at the issues I see no discernable difference in their stances(except stem cell research).  They both pretend to be good men of faith, but go against their religious beliefs whenver the polls require it.  They're both rich punks that raised slut daughters.  Voting for either one is a sin in my eyes.  There is no way I can go into a voting booth and choose either Bush or Kerry.  I would not be able to face myself knowing that I didn't vote for someone who stands for the same things as ME(not my favorite pundit). 
And for the people who say they'd vote for a third party candidate if the parties were bigger FFFUUUUUCCCKKKK YOOOUUUU!!!!!!  Go ahead and keep wasting your vote on your own imprisonment.  When Kerry gets elected and our fine country gets attacked again, we will be in the same spot we are now, if not worse.

OK, I'm done venting :wink:  Go Isolationism!!

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3271378 - 10/24/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:

wrong-o bucko...as the earlier poster noted..they have done such a survey...ill repost the link for your convenience...the results of the survey clearly show kerry voters to be much more in tune with the facts..at least wrt global politcs..war.. and terrorism...

To gauge Kerry supporters these are the proper questions.

Is there corruption at the UN?
Do European allies not support us because they make money off Saddam or love peace?
Would sanctions have worked against Iraq?
Did the world intelligence community believe Saddam Hussein had WMDs?
Will Europe send troops to Iraq if John Kerry is elected?
Does Europe care about what is in the best interest of America?
Did Europeans like American foreign policy and capitalism before Bush was elected?
Is the ICJ a fair organization?
Is the UN effective at stopping violence?
Who do you prefer Saddam Hussein or George W. Bush?
Was the war in Iraq over oil?
Was the war in Afghanistan over oil?
Was Halliburton the main defense contractor during the Clinton Administration?
Did Bush know about 911 in advance?
Was Bush behind 911?
Does Israel control the US government?
Is Osama Bin Laden already in custody?
Are Bush and Osama Bin Laden freinds?
Has there been any evidence of black voters being disenfranchised in the 2000 election?
Did the the media recounts determine Bush or Gore to be the winner of Florida in 2000?

That poll only asked questions that might reflect poorly for right wingers. And also only 1/4 of all polling respondents were from the entire western United States. Of course they got dumb people taking a survey from the east.

--------------------

Edited by Divided_Sky (10/24/04 01:37 PM)

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3271403 - 10/24/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you can just read this board and see how ignorant bush supporters are

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3271508 - 10/24/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Haha kerry will do just the exact same shit bush will do. There isnt any change in the system. It will be the same crap over again. If you wanna fix the system vote in a third party.

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
    #3272036 - 10/24/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I sure would like to see the answers are resident left would post to those questions.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #3272166 - 10/24/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Divided Sky,

Those are good questions. I'm not voting for Kerry, but I am still pretty liberal, so I'll take a shot at answering them.

-Is there corruption at the UN?
>>>God yes, but I still support its existence.
-Do European allies not support us because they make money off Saddam or love peace?
>>>Both, along with a general desire to compete against America.
-Would sanctions have worked against Iraq?
>>>They would have worked against Iraq, not Saddam. So far, nothing that's been done has benefitted the people of Iraq.
-Did the world intelligence community believe Saddam Hussein had WMDs?
>>>Yes.
-Will Europe send troops to Iraq if John Kerry is elected?
>>>I think there's a better chance of it. Though I don't think it's the right thing to do.
-Does Europe care about what is in the best interest of America?
>>>No.
-Did Europeans like American foreign policy and capitalism before Bush was elected?
>>>No, they disliked it before, they hate it now.
-Is the ICJ a fair organization?
>>> I haven't read enough to answer a question that broad. But I have to say, I agree with every ruling I've read about it making... Still, I'm sure there are problems. Reform reform reform.
-Is the UN effective at stopping violence?
>>>It has been in the past. It still has the potential to be. It needs some work.
-Who do you prefer Saddam Hussein or George W. Bush?
>>>If you're asking who I'd prefer to lead America, I'd say Bush. If you're asking who I'd prefer to lead Iraq, I'd say Hussein. Though I think they'd both do shit jobs in either country.
-Was the war in Iraq over oil?
>>>To a very small degree. Not for Bush. But I think for some advisors... To answer your question, we would have invaded, oil or no oil.
-Was the war in Afghanistan over oil?
>>>No.
-Was Halliburton the main defense contractor during the Clinton Administration?
>>>I believe so.
Did Bush know about 911 in advance?
>>>I don't think so.
-Was Bush behind 911?
>>>I think that's outside the realm of possibility.
>>>Nobody's giving orders. But I do think there's influence. There's certainly a stronger Isreali voice in Washington than Palestinian. There's a lot of sensitivity toward Isreali viewpoints.
-Is Osama Bin Laden already in custody?
>>>I don't think so.
-Are Bush and Osama Bin Laden freinds?
>>>I'd say they're arch rivals.
-Has there been any evidence of black voters being disenfranchised in the 2000 election?
>>>That I don't know. I'm not all that interested.
-Did the the media recounts determine Bush or Gore to be the winner of Florida in 2000?
>>>Bush 100%.

Again, I'm not voting for Kerry. But the idea has crossed my mind and I do think he's the lesser of two evils.

I have to say, even if I were a Kerry supporter, I don't think these questions would bother me. But that's assuming my answers are right.

:cheers:

--------------------
what's with neocons and the word 'ilk'?

Edited by Gijith (10/24/04 09:16 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3272188 - 10/24/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Did anybody actually read the poll questions? Almost all of them were of the "what is your perception of the administration's position" nature. Further, the number of the last question is 47. Left out were the answers to Qs 3-6,7-12,12b,18-19,22-23,27-32,35,39-40,42a-44. That is 27 questions left unreported entirely. They don't even say what the questions were. Then there are the questions that don't even include the correct answer in the multiple choice list, ie #38 about the Duelfer report.

Swami if you define stupid as someone who supports Bush and this war then you yourself have vacated any pretext of intellectual honesty. I personally think that anyone who thinks the number 1 liberal in the senate, a quisling, a traitor and a war criminal, a self professed worshiper of the UN, who has admitted that he has the interests of other nations ahead of our own, and who thinks he can cure disease and make the paralyzed walk again (PRAISE JESUS) would make a good advocate for US interests in the world stage is truly a deluded fool who deserves the total ass fucking that he will surely get should this benighted and befuddled scumcunt be elected.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3272311 - 10/24/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Swami if you define stupid as someone who supports Bush and this war then you yourself have vacated any pretext of intellectual honesty.

Nice strawman. The word "stupid" never appeared in any post by me in this thread now did it? That certainly is not honest. Stupidity and ignorance are NOT interchangeable. I passed along information from a poll. Informed Bush supporters should be equally appalled at the findings.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#3272355 - 10/24/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Swami said "I suppose the repercussions of this will fly over the heads of many." Sounds like stupid and not ignorant to me. You could argue that you didn't SAY that the "many" were Bush supporters but that would be disingenuous.

Did you read the poll questions and why were 27 out of 47 left out? I know that that flew over the heads of many because I'm the only one who mentioned it. Whether it's because I'm smarter or just more doubtful when I hear a generality like "Bush supporters are more ignorant", knowing what I know about Kerry supporters, is beside the point.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3272404 - 10/24/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Once again you hallucinate as I made no comparison to Kerry supporters.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#3272423 - 10/24/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The entire poll was purported to be a comparison between the supporters of the two candidates

--------------------

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3272809 - 10/24/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
you can just read this board and see how ignorant bush supporters are

On the same token you can read and see how ignorant kerry supporters are. What it comes down to is you support the party not the person.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Anonymous

#3272988 - 10/24/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

most people are ignorant. most of the people i run with at school are ignorant as hell about politics and current events but they're all voting for kerry. the only one who isn't actually follows current events and happens to be a political science major.

:shrug:

Edited by mushmaster (10/24/04 08:27 PM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: ]
    #3273016 - 10/24/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Gijith, good reply. You're one of the smart liberals.

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3273315 - 10/24/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Who said he's a liberal? Why do you always apply labels?

--------------------

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3273408 - 10/24/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I said it actually. I've become more conservative on many issues. Especially when it comes to economics, which is somewhat new to me. But at heart, I'm very liberal on most issues. I always hope to be.

And thanks for the compliment, Divided.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: Gijith]
    #3273597 - 10/24/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"Conservatives" always tell me I'm a liberal when they hear my views, but "liberals" always call me a conservative. So which am I dammit?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: z@z.com]
    #3274327 - 10/25/04 04:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

a flip flopper?  :smirk:

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3274572 - 10/25/04 08:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Did anybody actually read the poll questions? Almost all of them were of the "what is your perception of the administration's position" nature. Further, the number of the last question is 47. Left out were the answers to Qs 3-6,7-12,12b,18-19,22-23,27-32,35,39-40,42a-44. That is 27 questions left unreported entirely. They don't even say what the questions were. Then there are the questions that don't even include the correct answer in the multiple choice list, ie #38 about the Duelfer report.

Swami if you define stupid as someone who supports Bush and this war then you yourself have vacated any pretext of intellectual honesty. I personally think that anyone who thinks the number 1 liberal in the senate, a quisling, a traitor and a war criminal, a self professed worshiper of the UN, who has admitted that he has the interests of other nations ahead of our own, and who thinks he can cure disease and make the paralyzed walk again (PRAISE JESUS) would make a good advocate for US interests in the world stage is truly a deluded fool who deserves the total ass fucking that he will surely get should this benighted and befuddled scumcunt be elected.

You are a Great American.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3274622 - 10/25/04 08:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

under bush's definition a great american = a fool.

so in that case, maybe.

and really...to call kerry a war criminal and not call bush one is beyond normal bush supporter delusional behavior. It's just plain ignorant.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #3274726 - 10/25/04 09:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

John Kerry is a self admitted war criminal. He doesn't like to talk about his war crimes any more, now he is just a war hero. Flip Flop.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3274842 - 10/25/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

At least he can admit things like that. Bush is just a little weasle. Neither of them will make good puppets for your country though.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3275772 - 10/25/04 03:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

). I think it would show an even higher level of ignorance regarding the relationship between oil and war,

Ok clever bollox, prove to me that the war in Iraq was not mainly motivated by oil? This should be good.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: GazzBut]
    #3275792 - 10/25/04 03:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

prove that it was.

Anonymous

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: GazzBut]
    #3275795 - 10/25/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This should be good.

it usually is any time someone sets out to prove a negative.

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: Gijith]
    #3276406 - 10/25/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gijith said:
Divided Sky,

>>>I think that's outside the realm of possibility.
>>>Nobody's giving orders. But I do think there's influence. There's certainly a stronger Isreali voice in Washington than Palestinian. There's a lot of sensitivity toward Isreali viewpoints.

:cheers:

I'd be interested in knowing your opinion of why Israel has a voice in washington and the palestinians don't.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: EonTan]
    #3276498 - 10/25/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There are alot more Israelis with dual citizenship, alot more Americans with family members in the US, and most obviously that Israel is a Western democracy while the Palestinians are run by corrupt autocratic leader and engage in terrorism.
There is a strong Jewish/Israeli lobby in this country, but I think it only resonantes because Americans sympathize with other democratic countries and dislike suicide bombings. Supporting Israel seems more logical and justified to most Americans than the alternative.

--------------------

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: EonTan]
    #3276602 - 10/25/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What Divided said.

An interesting little bit:

My great step uncle was a congressman in the 60s. He passed away over the summer.

When I was younger, we used to go down to Maryland to have Thanksgiving at his house. I remember him saying that back in the 60s, inner circles within the House and within the Johnson admin would rarely refer to Isreal by name, but instead they'd call it The First Colony of the United States. Or they'd just say The Colony, for short.

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3277410 - 10/25/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
Haha kerry will do just the exact same shit bush will do. There isnt any change in the system. It will be the same crap over again. If you wanna fix the system vote in a third party.

exactly. nothing is going to change. he's just a big floppy ass who'll say whatever he can to become president. yeah i know i bad mouthed him. honestly, i consider myself very ignorant when it comes to the candidates, but I think I've got a good enough picture when looking at the candidates that nothing is going to change. Kerry is never going to get a national healthcare system inplemented. It's too much money.

I'll vote third party. But which one?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Majority of Bush Supporters are Ignorant [Re: ]
    #3278409 - 10/26/04 05:48 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

it usually is any time someone sets out to prove a negative.

Ok so perhaps Divided Sky would instead like to outline what he sees as ignorance in the view that oil is the main reason for the invasion of Iraq.

As I said, this should be good.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineBillytheKid
Forgeddaboudit!

Loc: Connecticut
    #3278863 - 10/26/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Something like 70% of Bush Supporters STILL believe Iraq had/has WMDs and Iraq was responsible for 9/11...when dealing with people this clueless its best ot just forget about it and rally your own side and turn out the vote and hope for the best.

--------------------
Bingo!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order