Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineledzep228
Fool In The Rain
Loc: Going to California
Casing for noobs
    #3268959 - 10/23/04 08:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Going to be attempting my first grow here pretty soon. I was originally going to go with regular cakes, but this casing technique sounds great. Just want to clear up some confusion on a few details. 1)how many 1/2 pints jars can be used for 1 casing? 2) After casing starts to pin, I move it to my growing chamber (terrarium) just as I would with regular cakes? 3)should terrarium be setup the same way? (ultrasonic, same amount of light, etc etc) Thanks in advance for any input provided.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekrazycure
Coastal TripTech

Loc: The edge of reason
Re: Casing for noobs [Re: ledzep228]
    #3269018 - 10/23/04 08:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

1. You can use as many as will realistically fit in the case. More substrate = more nutes = more fruits/flushes. However, there is sort of a limit as to how beneficial is is to make it more than 2-4 inches deep. Casing layer should be 1/4 the size of the already colonized substrate layer.

2. After you case the cakes, the case needs to go back into the DARK incubator for 3 days or so to colonize to casing layer. THEN you want to put it in the fruitng chamber to pin.

3. Casings still need high humidity just like cakes, but not so much. 93%-95% should be good for cases, while 98-99% is excellent for cakes. And yes you'll still need light to start pinning.

Edited by krazycure (10/23/04 08:44 PM)

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

Re: Casing for noobs [Re: krazycure]
    #3270201 - 10/24/04 03:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

no thicker than an inch rather bigger than thicker i like to do max of a pint per casing that way if i loose one i only loose that one.

i use plain coco. its dead simple just dunmp lots of boiling water on coir it will expand, cover. when its cool grab a handfull sqeeze out excess water the crumble over crumbled cake. both layers about and inch or less. i dont bother to recover the first white spots that show but it will further increase your yield. i like to use buckets or washtubs as containers that way they are aleady in a fruiting container just cover with some clear plastic. mist and fan daily - remeber NOT too moist if you can see condensation its enough. always works seldom contaminates. and if you lose ome after 3 flushes the others are in their own buckets.
and im filthy around my shrooms. you be clean. clean hands and wear a mask.
most importantly once oyu do this you are a step away from bulk hehhehe read some of my recent posts about worm castings.
if its cold where you are and you have to incubate just ensure the heat source doesnt heat the bucket directly - eg heat the air around it.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casing for noobs [Re: kbilly]
    #3270277 - 10/24/04 03:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Casings for noobs by noobs :lol: I like that :lol: :lol: :cool: GL guys and thanks! :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
Re: Casing for noobs [Re: hyphae]
    #3270326 - 10/24/04 04:11 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:shocked:

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

Re: Casing for noobs [Re: hyphae]
    #3273574 - 10/25/04 12:45 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thanks hyphae good to know i havent lost my youthfull charm, im no mycomaster but after 6 years im not really a noob either maybe a noobmaster, then i could be inthe next starwars.

Edited by kbilly (10/25/04 12:47 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation