Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineemprbasist
Stranger
Terrible Trip.. is this normal??
    #3268080 - 10/23/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know if im posting this is the right place or not, but last night I ate some shrooms with some friends. It was my 5th time eating shrooms and ive never really had a "bad trip" before at all. My mindset before eating them was great, nothing was bothering me at all. I ate them and i started feeling it about 20-30 minutes later. It started out great, laughing and seeing awesome visuals a little later. Then all of the sudden I got this HUGE headache, like ridiculously HUGE and thats all the rest of the trip was. it felt like someone took my brain and was squeezing it in their hands and wouldn't stop. It got so bad that i couldn't even think of anything at all. I was so freaked out by it that i actually thought i could have died. There was no way out of it for me. it got so bad that i got to a point where i just wanted to do anything to end the pain, and im glad i dont have any weapons around here, cuz im afraid i might have used one on myself. i had this killer headache for about 3 hours and then i started to be able to think. the headache didnt really go away, it just wasn't as strong. Today my head still hurts, it feels like there is a lot of pressure in my skull, kind of like a tension migraine.

Is any of this normal? I have read about bad trips before (and thank god that i did otherwise i dont think i would have made it through it). but all the info i have read about bad trips, ive never heard of this huge headache before, nothing was dark, hell nothing even had color. It was just physically painful as hell.

Please post if you have any idea why this happened or if you've an experience like this AT ALL. It really freaked me out, and i don't know if ill ever eat shrooms again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: emprbasist]
    #3268107 - 10/23/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Did you eat a lot of sugars? Caffeene? Nicotine? are you on any MAOIs? Did the shrooms have any Mold on them?

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: Civ]
    #3268151 - 10/23/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sugar could have actually helped. Keeping your blood sugar up can seriously help to avoid having a bad trip, it will keep you less irritable. Caffeine is best avoided.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: Phluck]
    #3268156 - 10/23/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sugar could have actually helped

Yes that is a big thing. I asked because if my blood sugar gets low I get minor headaches -

--------------------

OfflineRepton
Moon Ripened Sultan
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Midlothian Flag
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: Civ]
    #3268551 - 10/23/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps you were unlucky and got a headache during the experience and it was simply amplified by the mushrooms instead of as a direct effect of ingesting the mushrooms? perhaps not.

Take care

--------------------
How I consume - Dry extract in capsules - guide with photos !
** p. Semilanceata spore prints **
If you're waiting on a PM reply don't worry I have taken a number of prints and should have these ready this week for trades/post, if you're interested in a print PM me and I'll work through them in order I can offer prints of the early fruiting spot that seems to start in July through to mid Oct and prints from specimens in my regular spots that tend to fruit later during the regular fungi season in the UK.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: Repton]
    #3268931 - 10/23/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Not neccisarily normal but not abnromal. Ive recently found ou that mushies will trigger a migraine for me. Other people that have migraines wont get one for weeks after a trip. May or may not be migraines, if you do get them then maby it is but probably, you got a headache and the trip made it worse than it was?

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3269203 - 10/23/04 07:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I know this chick that won't shroom anymore cause shes done it three times and every time gets a severe migraine.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: vandago]
    #3269245 - 10/23/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

On some intense trips it feels like my brain is being twisted and wrenched in all directions by the mushrooms, i think that might just be a side effect of me sub conciously fighting against the trip....

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3269300 - 10/23/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Not neccisarily normal but not abnromal. Ive recently found ou that mushies will trigger a migraine for me. Other people that have migraines wont get one for weeks after a trip. May or may not be migraines, if you do get them then maby it is but probably, you got a headache and the trip made it worse than it was?

I used to get them in Junior High. The pain is = to the most extreme Ice cream headache you can think of.

ALSO - IF you get a migrane a headache all you have to do is eat some icecream, crew on some ice, drink ice water fast, popcicles (etc)

The cold really brings down you migrane. I would get them daily, and I would drink slurpees and it would make it go away :/

I don't know if thats science, but -- I did it for a few years til I grew out of them.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3269545 - 10/23/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have had a shroom headache before. Like an idiot, I thought I could cure it with my mind. I was wrong. Stupid tripper. BAD trip.

Shrooms DEHYDRATE you. Be sure to drink a lot of water during your trip, dehydration causes headaches... so does stress and feeling tired. If you get a headache, for god's sake, take some aspirin... if you can stomach it.

It seems a few have had a headache trip. For what it is worth, you learn how to avoid a headache pretty quickly after tripping in pain. Don't expect it to happen every time, or ever again... if you remember aspirin... and lots of water.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: Rose]
    #3270174 - 10/24/04 01:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

not sure why but i always get a migraine after a trip, i drink tons of water all throgh the trip, and will take asprin before or during the trip, with no effect. But Zomig will kill it quicker than shit. Just got it for my migraines, works wonders. For me. :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Offlineemprbasist
Stranger
    #3272180 - 10/24/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The shrooms didn't have any mold on them, i took them with two friends and they had awesome trips. I really don't know why it happened. ive never had a migraine before and rarely ever get headaches. i didnt drink any caffeine and i was trying to drink water as much as i could. when it got bad i couldn't do anything though, it was almost paralyzing pain. I didn't even eat much of them at all. we all ate only 1.8 grams dry. I had the headache the entire next day, just obviously not nearly as strong as when i was tripping.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3272345 - 10/24/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Like I said, it has happened to me... the only thing I can think of that would have helped me was a change in setting, or an aspinin. Hasn't happened since... I guess I learned whatever I neeed to from that trip.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? *DELETED* [Re: emprbasist]
    #3303795 - 11/01/04 06:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by bluemeanie

Reason for deletion: h

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3303951 - 11/01/04 07:48 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ah, am glad you said that :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3305601 - 11/01/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, I have seen the Blood sugar thing happen befoe, but I didn't blame the shrooms.

Is there any evidence to back this up? I have yet to see any.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #24640973 - 09/18/17 02:25 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

im bumping this super old thread.

i just went through almost the exact same scenario last night on lsd. it was a pretty strong dose, as was the intention, and everything was going great till right after peak. then it was all headache the rest of the way down. ive never had anything like this happen to me before, and i was legitimately concerned because the pain of it was so ungodly unbearable at times. im pretty much back to baseline, head still hurts. smoking pot.

the trip was fantastic otherwise.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflinexLuciferLied
Stranger
Male

Re: Terrible Trip.. is this normal?? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #24642818 - 09/19/17 01:50 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

:oldthread:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #24643347 - 09/19/17 08:49 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
im bumping this super old thread.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

#24644072 - 09/19/17 02:41 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
head still hurts. smoking pot..

I had the same thing happen on my last LSD trip and I'm almost certain it was because of weed.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies