Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Ain't no shame in psychedelia
    #3268055 - 10/23/04 04:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

As much as I hate to admit it, I often live my life the way I think other people think I should. Let me explain.

When I first got into psychedelics, I saw life in a much more positive mind frame. It was full of potential and made much more sense before using psychedelics. I got interested in decorating my room and basement in a very psychedelic way. I got interested in growing entheogens. I tried discussing things with my friends and family from that type of philosophical mindset.

Well I think people who don?t have that mindset try to shut it out, dismiss it as silly, and typically make negative comments about it. I almost became self-conscious about it, lost interest in growing plants and decorating my room because it represented expressing those things, so it?s much easier to hide it.

Fuck that, it?s who I am, and I understand what it means to me. Some of it, I admit, is cheesy and tacky at times. I don't mean living like a hippy. I?m not talking about going all out, but rather having things like posters of space, blacklights, liquid light projectors and so on. Basically, I wanted to have a trip room, something I could enjoy studying, relaxing, and tripping in. I gotta get back to that and stop trying to repress who I am based on what I expect people think of me.

This is partly why I enjoy psychedelics so much, because they allow me to connect with that and not care what other people think. I need to keep that part of me while sober.

Anyone relate?

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Ain't no shame in psychedelia [Re: Twirling]
    #3268091 - 10/23/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, only to say that I also live a life that I think lots of people around me think is the "wrong direction" to be moving in (whatever that's supposed to mean...).

Though I was always the "different" kid growing up, so LONG before I ventured into the world of psychedlics I had given up on much of society around me and now say

FUCK YOU, I'LL LIVE HOW I FEEL I SHOULD!

Because if you go against your nature, just to "fit in", I think you're doomed to a life not quite as full as it could have been.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Ain't no shame in psychedelia [Re: trendal]
    #3268112 - 10/23/04 04:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trendal said:Though I was always the "different" kid growing up, so LONG before I ventured into the world of psychedlics I had given up on much of society around me and now say

FUCK YOU, I'LL LIVE HOW I FEEL I SHOULD!

Because if you go against your nature, just to "fit in", I think you're doomed to a life not quite as full as it could have been.

Same here, I never bought into what people said just because it was the status quo. Never made sense to me why people agree with everyone else, but now I understand that people usually do it because they're afriad of being ostersized.

And I completely and utterly agree that you can't live a life as full as you could have. That's part of my frustration with the drug laws, that it prevents me & others from getting the most out of life.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3268207 - 10/23/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I should also mention that my sense of humor is completely off the wall, and I'm amused by things like The Muppet Show and songs like "Monsters In The Parasol" by QOTSA because they parody life and the bizarre things people do, and bizarre beliefs people have. I think sometimes people see that as strange or juivinile, but then again, life itself seems strange to me. hehe

--------------------

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God
    #3268240 - 10/23/04 04:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm 28 and I have a trip room at my house.
I leave all my lights and trip art up

some people come over and like the room
others ask what I plan on doing with it once I clean it up

I realized a long time ago I don't have to live the normal typical
life and I could still be happy

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: Ain't no shame in psychedelia [Re: joe666]
    #3268245 - 10/23/04 04:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

as long as you find happiness man, nothing else matters. :smile: :thumbup:

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#3268329 - 10/23/04 05:16 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I agree w/ you that the delics will definitely change how you view the world, but with me, I've gotten to a point where I just don't see the point in tripping anymore. Just feels like I need to move on.. I've done the whole low-medium-high dose thing, taken breaks, used music, yada yada, but it justt isn't the same as it was when I started. i don't regret any of it though, as tripping (shrooms mostly) changed me, and I think for the better  :heart: Anyway man, fuck expectations, do hyour own thing, live your own life, you'll be cool. I wouldn't think any less of someone like you. Good luck with your journey bro. :peace:

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3268347 - 10/23/04 05:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

be who you wanna be & rock it.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
    #3268376 - 10/23/04 05:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck man this is the story of the last year for me!!

Life is more interesting if you dont obsess about what peopel think

:mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
Re: Ain't no shame in psychedelia [Re: 40oz]
    #3272636 - 10/24/04 08:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fortyounces2freedom said:
be who you wanna be & rock it.

:thumbup:

As for the 'psychedelia', Op Art as an artistic movement of the 20th century is still very respected. Nothing to be ashamed of! Look at artists like victor vasarely and bridget riley - some amazing talent!
here is a vasarely...all painted by hand too!

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Ain't no shame in psychedelia [Re: joe666]
    #3272698 - 10/24/04 08:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

joe666 said:
I realized a long time ago I don't have to live the normal typical
life and I could still be happy

Wiser words have never been spoken. Great responses everyone. I've started redoing my room more. Can't wait till it's finished.  :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
    #3275286 - 10/25/04 02:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have been a psychedelic person for a little over a year now.  And I can say that it has definitely changed my life, and for the better.  But there are some problems with the way I look at things I guess.  I would not consider myself a hippy in the slightest.  I still where the same clothes I always have, still have the same look, I just do my thing by myself and not too many people know about it.  And I think that that is the way it needs to be done. 

There are psychedelic people all over the place and many of them you wouldn't even know about until you talked to them about it, that's how I am.  If I can tell that you will be a person that respects my use of entheogens then I'll gladly tell you about them.  If you have a genuine curiosity, I'll take the time and tell you about em, but the minute you tell me it's the "wrong path," I will turn my back to you.  Its a decision I made and I am extremely thankful I was able to have the option. 

I can also say that I am no where close to being done with using entheogens, I've still got the big ones to test out, DMT and Ayahuasca. :smile:  And I look forward to the times where I'll be able to use them. 

With all due respect, SuperLazy, I hope that I never get to the point where you're at, because I have dedicated my life to learning all I can about these plants and fungi.  I'm even going back to college to learn about them and hopefully I can make even the most minuscule impact in a career. Its a 180 degree turn around from what I have my first degree in.  I can't imagine a day when I don't get excited and anxious about tripping.  No offense to you at all, my friend, none at all.

I think everyone should be thankful that they've had psychedelic experience and should be even more thankful if they've done it multiple times.

Ok, I'm done.  :stoned: :mushroom2:

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3275383 - 10/25/04 03:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Twirling, I can connect with every word that you said in your initial post up there.

Since I was 12 I have been basically trained to conform to the expectations people have set for me.  My parents pushed me to get A's and B's in high school and I did that up until my 12th grade year.  One day I got sick of it all, signed myself out of school, signed up for a GED test, and went to college at the beginning of my 12th grade school year.  Getting a GED might have been stupid, and my parents would not let it go for a long time, they would flip out everytime I tried to talk to them about it.  Finally I left.

Still, to this day I feel like in one or more ways that people try to force me to do what they want or else they will not accept me.  It almost sickens me, and when I am on a hallucinogen I think about this stuff and what not, but to no avail.  I'm a lot different than all of my friends, it's just like everything that's different I have to keep secret or else it turns into one big disasterous rumor, etc.  My town is a pathetic rumor driven bunch of idiots.

Sometimes I just wish there were atleast one person to connect with like it used to be when I was younger and in school, unaware of the trials of life.  :sad:

I just don't know how to turn my back on people, I know that's my problem.. I just can't find out how to do it.

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

Re: Ain't no shame in psychedelia [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #3277685 - 10/26/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

McKennaDMT said:

With all due respect, SuperLazy, I hope that I never get to the point where you're at, because I have dedicated my life to learning all I can about these plants and fungi.  I'm even going back to college to learn about them and hopefully I can make even the most minuscule impact in a career. Its a 180 degree turn around from what I have my first degree in.  I can't imagine a day when I don't get excited and anxious about tripping.  No offense to you at all, my friend, none at all.

McKennaDMT

S'all good man :peace:

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Community >> The Pub