Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno...
Ok this sucks.
    #3267122 - 10/23/04 08:13 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ok every time i trip on mushies i get mad upper back pain and then a mad migraine. Last night i had a very low dose for me, 20 grams fresh, only had cev's and a mild body buzz. Well mushies are a trigger for migraines for me. Started to get my signs that one was coming on, stiff neck and sholders, which in its self is fucking painfull. So after a few hours of what could be called a trip i took a zomig inhaler. BOOM, trigger was gone, and right now im fine where iknow i should be curled in a ball in my pitch black room in silence. Ahhh but im now camped in front of my pc. So i guess as long as i have my mushies and my zomig, then maby i can can trip and not get a migraine. Oh and mushes so far are the only trigger ive found. Which bites ASS. But ill die before i stop so there.  :grin: :mushroom2: :stoned:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Ok this sucks. [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3267799 - 10/23/04 02:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Strange, might want to try popping some aspirin next time.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Ok this sucks. [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3267824 - 10/23/04 02:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

dude there is alot of pills to get rid of your head aches excedrine has a pill or migraines. just experimaent and find what works.(the generic stuff is the same as the expensive stuff)

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinevc77
grillmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: University Place, WA
Re: Ok this sucks. [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3267827 - 10/23/04 02:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Asperin = placebo :wink:

--------------------
ich essen die mushmush

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Ok this sucks. [Re: vc77]
    #3267851 - 10/23/04 03:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

dude you cant really say asprin is a placebo. its just more geared towards an anti-inflamitory. now tylenol is geared more towards headaches even though the best use for it is to reduce a fever. so i understand why you could think its a placebo but it does work in its own little way.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Ok this sucks. [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3268187 - 10/23/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My dad suffers from migraines pretty often. His triggers, he says, are red wine, beer and aged cheezes like parmesan. He's never taken mushrooms and I don't think he ever would.

What is this zomig? Maybe I'll tell him about it.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Ok this sucks. [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3268864 - 10/23/04 07:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Zomig is an ssri (selective seritonin reuptake inhibitor). Supposed to prevent migraines when they begin to come on. First time i used it, and the shit works. but dont know if my doc would give me a script if mushies are my only trigger. :tongue: I ve tried almost every pill on the market, they dont do jack, well for my migraines. just happy i found somthig that works. I have a head ache at the moment, but its minimal and ive been living with one like this for ohhh about 3-4 years. Just always had one. Asprin is a placebo to me, so i take 800mg ibprophins. And my doc gave me some muscle relaxents and an antiinflamitory (was vioxx, now mobic) and they help.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience