Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
The stupidest thing you ever did...
    #3265829 - 10/22/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was about 14 years old at the time.  It was a family vacation.  We were in Death Valley National Park.  We went to see the 'Ubehebe Crater'.

The Ubehebe Crater is a volcanic crater blasted out of the ground a long time ago.  It is about 500 feet deep.  When you pull up into the parking lot where the scenic overlook is the only thing you see is the edge of the crater dropping away in front of you and the far wall of the crater that faces you.  The far wall that you can see is sheer cliffs dropping into the crater.  What you can't tell until you walk to the edge is that the side you are on is a sloping gravel hill so you can walk down into the crater.  I had been to this place on a Boy Scout trip before, however, this was my mothers first time to this place.

Now, so you can understand the following events, you must know that my mother was about as afraid of heights as any person I have ever known.  She couldn't even stand on a stepladder.  And she became absolutely psychotic when her kids were near any heights.  And these were facts that I knew all too well...

As I jumped out of the car the last thing I heard was my mom yelling nervously "Stay away from the edge!!".  So in a moment of sheer stupidity I thought I'd give her a thrill... :nonono: I immediately ran to the edge, stopped short, started windmilling my arms as if I lost my balance, and fell headfirst over the edge (out of sight from the parking lot).

I was giggling like a schoolgirl as I climbed back up the gravel hill to the edge and climed out.....then I saw my mother.  She was frozen in terror with a look on her face that I cannot describe.  It was the look of a mother who had just watched her child die.

Then she saw me... :sad: I knew immediately that I had fucked-up in a really big way.  She went absolutely psycho and started running at me.  I looked at my dad (who had by then walked to the edge, he had been there before also) and he said to me "I can't help you on this one!"

She chased me around the parking lot beating the shit outta me for about 5 minutes like a friggin maniac.  I was crying, pleading, begging her to stop.  But she had thought I was dead and she was gonna make sure I was!!  All the other tourists stood around and watched in horror as this crazy woman beat the shit out of her teenage kid.

Finally, my dad intervened.  He yelled at all of us "Get in the car!!"  We cut our vacation short and drove straight home that day.  Not a word was spoken between any of us on the ride home.  And from what I remember we didn't speak much around the house for a few days.  And for a few years after we couldn't even talk about it much.  It was 5 or 6 years before we could even make a joke about the event, and even then it was somewhat uncomfortable.

My mom died when I was 22 years old and right up to the end she still could never fully forgive me for that day.  If I could take back one event in my life that would have to be it.

So, whats the stupidest thing you ever did?

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: The stupidest thing you ever did... [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3265838 - 10/22/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thats quite a story, I understand both your mom's and your feelings

This thread conjures up some painful memories for me. I'll post later

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3265845 - 10/22/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It was funny until the part about your mom dying :frown:

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: The stupidest thing you ever did... [Re: Barbi]
    #3265851 - 10/22/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
It was funny until the part about your mom dying :frown:

Sorry, didn't mean to make the end a bummer.  Just wanted to illustrate how she never got over it.

It actually was kinda funny in retrospect.  The rest of the family jokes about it to this day.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3265853 - 10/22/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

being a parent, I completely understand every swing of her arm at your body while running around frantically in the parking lot :smile:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3265888 - 10/22/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

wow,
that is a crazy story. The stupidest thing I ever did..easy, I married for something other than love.
No, not money...for convienence. Damn...that was the biggest mistake of my life. But I don't regret any mistakes I've ever made, I've learned from every one of them!

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: The stupidest thing you ever did... [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3265948 - 10/22/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My stupidity lies in sketch drug deals, booze, and fast cars.

Thanks mush for showin me away from that lifestyle, :smile:.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3265964 - 10/22/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well I have a couple stupid stories. I remember one time when i was stoned i had a cigarette in my hand and i was zoning out and i had the cigarette to close to my pants and caught my pants on fire and i started batting at my crotch to put the flame out. I felt so stupid.

Another stupid thing i did when i was about 13 was set off a flare gun in my room stupidly. Dont even ask how i did it, it was so damn stupid.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3265996 - 10/22/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, that story is REALLY fucked up.

I wouldn't really say it was a stupid thing to do though, hell I would have done it.

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3266057 - 10/22/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hrm, back well over 7 years ago, thank you statue of limititations in highschool I used to sell acid.

After the drug problem got more out of control at our school they stuck a cop on the grassy knoll corner where school was let out. This spot was the 'stoner hangout' Everyone would chill and play hacky sack etc etc..

So I sold acid every day, about 3 feet from a cop right behind him. I did this for probably 6 months or so.

I have a perfectly clean record with no arrests or anything.

Thank you karma!

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3266073 - 10/22/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The biggest mistake I ever made was to smoke the wrong drug for 4 months :blush:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#3266189 - 10/22/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well it started off with my buddy having a broken leg. I go over to his house to go and chill and smoke the ganj. This was years ago, during my misguided hs years. Well his parents had a fire pit type metal thing where you could toss wood in shit for heat. So he has this in his backyard and we smoke the weed he's all crutching around and shit. Then we are standing there thinking it would be great if we started the shit up. So we put some wood in the metal basket. However being the dumb hs shits that we were, we decided that the fire needed gasoline to get going. So my friend poured a little on while it was somewhat still burning from the paperit just goes up but no big deal. Then he has to go to the bathroom. So im just standing there all baked looking at this near shitty fire that isnt raging. Im thinking to myself (pyromaniac that i am) this shit needs a bit more fuel. So i grab the gas can (completely full mind you) and attempt to pour gasoline on an open flame. I repeat i tried to pour gasoline, which ignites almost instantly since it is actually the fumes that burn, on an open flame. well i prob could have pulled the whole half ass manouver off if i didnt have the second cap closed, you know the small cap that sucks the air in replacing the lost liquid volume of gas. so im standing there trying to pour gas on this shit but its not coming out ofthe nozzel because the second little cap is closed. im turning the shit completely upside down and some drips out and bam the fire goes up to the tip of the nozzle. I stand there in aw at the full mind you, gas can with a tip on fire. At this point I am shitting myself because there is a flame a less than a foot away from my immanent death/ burning my whole fucking neighborhood down. So i start to freak out thinking what if the flame gets in the can i am fucked and will die a firey ass death holding this shit. So i think the only thing to do is get it out with air, so i start swinging the can in a circular motion, due to the centrifugal force the gas is forced our of the can and instantly igniting due to the flaming tip. the flames fly all over my friends backyard. Scorching the grass and igniting lawn furniture. So i am standing there in bewilderment because i never anticipated physics playing a role in life haha. anyways im encapsulated in this firey terrain and i think to myself how can i get this can out. light bulb! i blow the flame out poof. my friend comes out of the house bewildered as fuck noticing i burned the shit out of his yard." i guess its time we toss that chair in the woods across the street".

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: The stupidest thing you ever did... [Re: relativexistance]
    #3266244 - 10/22/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The stupidest thing I have ever done i did when i was a sophomore in high school. I had just gotten out of the hospital, and was still stabilizing on effexor. I decided it would be a good idea to take about a gram of DXM at a party my friend was throwing. About an hour into it, i started burning up, my skin felt like it was on fire, so i went up stairs to lay down.

I spent about an hour like that, curled up in a ball in my own personal hell before my body started to feel like it was cooling down.. I couldn't really move though, but managed to find an empty room to lay down in. A friend of mine at the time came in to check on me and I guess my appearance freaked her out pretty bad, she said that I looked like I was dead... well i went back to laying on the bed for a couple more hours, till i thought i had peaked.. os i started creeping downstairs and mingling again.. the last thing i remmeber i was sitting in a lazy boy, having a conversation with a couple of friends.

Apparently I passed out, stopped breathing, my skin went cold and they could'nt find a pulse(i must hav ehad one though, probably just very weak). I can remember coming out of the void, i could hear my friend Erin crying and telling me to squeeze her hand.. and then i came to. Apparently they had called the paramedics, and my parents.. and poison control. I had been out for almost 10 minutes they said.

By far the stupidest thing i've ever done. I put my friends through an unbelievably stressful situation, got in a lot of trouble with my family... and had to warm parts of my body up with a heating pad and a massage, because my circulation was fucked up for a couple days afterwards. :\

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: The stupidest thing you ever did... [Re: relativexistance]
    #3266258 - 10/22/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Me and my best friend in the whole world were setting outback one day and smoking some of the best shit I have ever smoked in my life. It was like 90 for a 1/8. It was crazy it was red and orange with crystals ALL over it. we get this bright idea to dig a hole and put worms in it and burn the hell out of them. so we start digging about 30 minutes later we have a 3 or 4 foot deep hole. I look at him and say go get some WD40 and some worms and a couple cans of hair spray. so he trots off in a stoned daze not thinking of what I am about to do. See I am one of those people who's mind races at 1000 miles an hour when stoned. I think the hole is deep and we can burn more stuff so I go get a 5 gallon gas container and pour the whole thing in the bottom of the hole. he gets back and I ran to get some paper. We soak the paper in the WD40 and hair spray, throw it in the bottom of the hole along with the cans of WD40 and hair spray. We then take like 3 books of matches and set them on fire and stand over the hole and drop them in. I can remember thinking all this is in slow motion then ***ding*** I scream holy shit run and he just stands there but so do I we die laughing and the next second we are rolling on the ground engulfed in flames. my whole backyard is on fire and then like 15 minutes later the firefighters show up and put it out. To say the least I for one will never play with fire again in my whole life when I am stoned.......Any other time its is a great thing to play with (in moderation) OK so maybe I am a pyro but oh well.

So that's my stupid story for the century

Have a shroomy Day !!!!  :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3266358 - 10/22/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have done so many stupid and terrible things that I am too ashamed to post them here. I regret most of them.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

Re: The stupidest thing you ever did... [Re: JettaJay]
    #3266393 - 10/22/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

for some reason when i was a kid i put a water balloon in the mail box.  on the inside of the mail box door i had tapped a row of pins pointing up so that when the door was opened, the balloon fell out and landed on the pins.  i set it up at night and then went off to school the next day.

when i got home from school the next day, my mom finds a note in the mail box from the delivery guy, along with all of our soaked mail.  apparently my plain worked a little too well, the balloon burst and got the mailman and all of his mail in the car wet (it was a huge balloon).  however he also thought this was some sort of attempt to cause harm because of the row of razor sharp nails i had placed in the in box.  i forget what his letter said but i think he reported the incident and saw it as some sort of assult.  he didn't know whether some one else had done it or if it was the resident at that address, apparently mailmen have found rattle snakes and shit in mailboxes before..... 

i wrote an apology letter and left it in the box the next day.  i guess it all worked out but my parents were fucking pissed (though they tell me now that they could barely hold back the laughter when they were yelling at me).  i was just super excited that my setup had worked, i felt like a genius:lol:.

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3266531 - 10/22/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Mine's nothing like your story.

The stupidest thing I've ever done was decide that I was OK to repair a TV set while tripping on LSD.

60kV jumping into my body tought me a quick lesson (after I had picked myself up from the floor and figured out what happened!) :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3266668 - 10/23/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was 20, and went to a camp-out rave that was about a 3-hour drive from me. My brother needed the car the next day, so I promised to be back in time. At the rave, there was acid going around. I took some, and had a great time. Around 4:30 or 5:00am, I decided to get a little sleep. I managed about 2 hours worth, and then decided to drive home. I figured I was in good enough shape to drive, even as cracked out as I felt. I got pulled over, and was arrested. I called my dad from jail, who paid my bail money and had a cab take me to the impound lot. I paid with my credit card to get my car back, and drove home, more ashamed than I'd ever been in my life. By the grace of God, the charges were dropped, so I managed to keep my license and not serve any further jail time. If only Shroomism could get off so easily.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3266682 - 10/23/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I like this thread, It was a good idea...! 

OK, here is ONE of my many stooopid stories....  It is harmless, but funny - I guess there was a potential for a fire, but it didn't happen....

I was at a friends house, we were both maybe 12 years old, and no parents were there....  We pretty much played video games in his finished basement a lot back then....  (He had an OLD Magnavox Odysee system)....  So, we decide we are hungry, and go upstairs for food....  There were 2 burritoes in the freezer, so he popped one in the microwave, and we waited....  When it got done, we tasted it, and it SUCKED....  It was just plain nasty..... 

So, we look at each other, and decide to put the other frozen burrito in the microwave on high for the max time setting (60 minutes?)....  Then, we went downstairs and PROMPTLY forgot about the burrito....    LoL    So about 25-30 minutes later, my buddy has to take a whiz, and goes upstairs....  AND SCREAMS....!!!  I came running up to find about a foot of thick white stinky smoke covering the ceiling of the whole house...!    The burrito was still in the microwave, it was black with three little "volcanoes" of thick white smoke pluming out of them....!    And the microwave was making electric flashes like there was metal inside....  No sooner that he turned off the microwave, his mom got home from work and walked in the door to her horror....!  She obviously FREAKED OUT.....!    It sure is funny thinking about it now, but back then it wasn't so funny....  Well, kinda~....!  <SmerK~>  The house had that stinky smell for at least a couple of weeks.....!  LoL

I have two other funny stories that come to mind, but don't wanna~ sit here and type them all out now....

One was jumping off the roof of a house "because a friend did it"....  And the other had to do with smokeless gunpowder and glass bottles - BAD COMBO....  The stupid things one finds to do when young with lots of time on yer~ hands....    I can say that I have been faced with Darwinism a few times in my life....  I do consider myself lucky now that I can look back on everything, the stoooopid factor was very much a part of my life in the early years...!    Whhhheeeeewwwww....  :laugh:

ChoW~

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom