Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePeaceBear
Stranger
First Post: I have a quick question
    #3264523 - 10/22/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hi Im new obviously. Allow me to introduce myself.....I am a beginning mushroom hunter having just moved to Seattle, WA from NYC a year back. My main interest is in edibles and I have had great success with finding them thus far. I have been lurking here for a while now and was captivated by some of the photos of various actives y'all post so I thought I'd take a look around and see what I could find. I like to find mushrooms of ANY kind really, I think they are all very interesting, Im not really interested in tripping as Im an old man and those days are long gone for me.....so naturally I found a huge patch of Cyans right outside my office door :smile:. My question for all of you and please dont be offended or take this the wrong way as I HAVE READ YOUR LEGAL DISCLAIMER, but anyway my question is:
You all are ingaged in illegal activity, you post photos of your illegal substances (in such quantities that cannot construed by any sane judge as viable for personal use only) and yet your IP addresses are available for anyone who cares to look. Doesnt that bother any of you?

Sorry if thats a bummer to bring up or if your legal disclaimer somehow explained that fear away and I missed it. Thnaks and lookin forward to some good input/info. Looks like a reasonably good source you have here. Cheers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: PeaceBear]
    #3264640 - 10/22/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Photos cannot determine the activity of substances, objects, or chemicals. I could easily draw some weed in photoshop, but would it get me high?

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #3264677 - 10/22/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it bothers some of the people here and those people either take the risk, or don't engage in ilicit activity. that's just the way it goes.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineSweetLeaf
"33"
 User Gallery

Loc: wa
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: canid]
    #3264696 - 10/22/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

But, your forgetting that photographic evidence is not admissable in court, for the reason vc77 said, he could make better finds in photoshop. No charges could ever be pressed, and if law enforcement did find your ip adress follow you yada, yada, yada, I believe that would be a form of entrapment, or a voilation of privacy.

--------------------
Ph.dizzle

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #3264699 - 10/22/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What are you talking about were just regular people that only look at mushrooms =)

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflinePeaceBear
Stranger
    #3264716 - 10/22/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

OK fair enough, thanks for the responses....

"I could easily draw some weed in photoshop, but would it get me high?"-we can only sit back and wish that were the case!!!

I think drawing weed in photoshop is different than photos with species ID and comments on their potency, but since none of you seems concerned I guess I wont be either.......Thanks.

Now another couple questions if i may. Those cyans where the caps have turned slightly black, are they still good?

Drying em with a food dyhdrator with no heating element, bad idea? If so whats a better way?

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

#3264723 - 10/22/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

They should still be good.

A food dehydrator will work.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #3264738 - 10/22/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

that depends; do you eat rotten produce from the grocer?

you could probably get away with eating them, but you could also get food poisoning, it's realy your call.

the dehydrator minus the heat is not a bad way to go if you want to preserve them only for short-term purposes [say a week or two] but if you want hem to keep well and not lose potency, it seems best to follow up with a desiccant like a damp-rid type product.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: vc77]
    #3264746 - 10/22/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not afraid. There are more of us than there are of them.  :cool:

Ignorant and fearful people make psilly laws banning something which they do not understand. Those laws are just words written on paper. What's going on here is more important than the positive law written by men several decades ago.

God makes mushrooms and gives them to us for a reason. If you really did find that nice patch of cyans, then he gave some to you, that you might understand that reality is bigger than the artificial world which man has created for himself. I think you might be LEO but its okay, shrooms are not detectable with any drug test, go ahead and make some :mushroom2: tea :mushroom2: then you will know what this is all about.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: shroomydan]
    #3264765 - 10/22/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lets not start throwing the narc terms around, some people might take them too seriously.

btw; the fact that the psilocbian compounds are not tested for in any of the comon manufactured tests does not indicate that it can not be tested for. i would be supprised if there where not at least one product in the industry for testing for mushrooms. but i'm taking this thread OT.

--------------------

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

#3264774 - 10/22/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

He said they were turning slightly black. Its probobly just some spores and drying out. Now if they are dead and decaying, and black, definantly dont eat.

Offlineh2o
Stranger
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: vc77]
    #3264809 - 10/22/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i'm a noob too but I know for a fact dude's not a narc.

the ip thing is a bummer for sure.

it's a good idea not to write anything too very incriminating no matter where you post on the internet. so, is it a crime to post pics? nope...

would you post of pics of yourself with like eight caps in your mouth? nope....

also, it would be interesting to read the rcw as it pertains to psolocybin and the related psychoactive compounds. I'll bet someone here has already done that research, perhaps they'd be willing to share?

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: h2o]
    #3264826 - 10/22/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I thought that the IPs were hidden now to regular users. hmm well I would be more worried about getting hacked than busted but I got nothing to hide.

Dont forget about proxies, in a quake2 server that I run, people are always getting past bans and are a lot harder to trace cause they are connected through another computer.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: eris]
    #3265597 - 10/22/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

right the fock on shroomydan well said

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

OfflinePeaceBear
Stranger
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3265691 - 10/22/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"laws are just words written on paper"-thats comedy gold shroomydan
jail cells are just concrete and metal

regarding the blackening caps, I think i know what yer sayin.
Since this s my first cyan hunt and it ended twenty feet from my door, I'll let you positively ID these for me if you please.
Spore print was a purplish choco brown, gills buff darkening greatly with age, cap wavy, bruising blue, found in alder chips in a landscaped area. Hope the pic works, it shows the variation with age. Cheers.

Edited by PeaceBear (10/22/04 07:30 PM)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3265776 - 10/22/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was comparing the positive (as in posited) law of man to what has been called "Natural Law" (St. Thomas Aquinas), "The Law of Freedom" (Immanuel Kant), "The Law of Love" (Jesus).

I wasn't trying to be funny, and that is my entire point about seeing beyond your ink and paper, concrete and steel.
But alas, this probably belongs in the philosophy forum...

Your description and photos match Psilocybe cyanescens. Congratulations on your find. I hope you put them to good use.

OfflinePeaceBear
Stranger
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: shroomydan]
    #3265848 - 10/22/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Pfft...such ivory tower intellectualism will leave you insulated and unprepared for the realities of these streets. Concrete and steel exist have no doubt, I hope you dont have to discover this in too dramatic a fashion. No disrespect, but im four times your age, ive seen it all, ive seen way too much...your philosophy is essentially empty.

another photo

Offlinemeadownymph
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3265859 - 10/22/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

wow.....such heavy shit for a friday night....just eat your shrooms like a good boy! congrats on your find.....mn

OfflinePeaceBear
Stranger
Re: First Post: I have a quick question [Re: meadownymph]
    #3265866 - 10/22/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yes sir! if you say so.....

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

#3265965 - 10/22/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Enjoy them beautiful cyanescens.

Mushrooms always have a good lesson to teach, be open.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale