Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Loc: out of my element
Question regarding tripping...
    #3264027 - 10/22/04 11:14 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, so having done shrooms three times in the past I should probably know how I'll handle myself. However, all three times I have tripped with my best friend. Since it's an interesting thing to note, let me just express how his (my friend's) trips progressed for the worse:

-1st time: We both had tons of fun. He threw up, but I was just fine.
-2nd time: We both had tons of fun. He freaked out, which in turn made me freak out, we both threw up.
-3rd time: He had tons of fun, I didn't trip too hard. At the end, I started feeling GREAT but he wound up feeling suicidal and panicky for 4 hours.

So... it is understandable that he doesn't want to trip anymore. So now I'm going solo. The previous three times I've eaten 3 grams. I'm considering going to 2.5 just to be safe since I'll be by myself. This should be a decent idea, right? And half of a gram less isn't going to make my trip a whole lot less intense, will it? I still want visuals, and of course I still want to learn about myself (as I've done all 3 previous times). So 2.5 shouldn't make too much of a difference instead of 3, should it? Maybe I'll just go ahead and get an even 3.

ANYWAY, the real question: Will having sinuses/cold fuck up my trip? I can't tell if I have allergies or if my runny nose and soar throat is due to a cold. Either way, will tripping necessarily make me "feel" these ailments more? I mean- could my runny nose & soar throat make me think I'm in more pain than I really am and trigger a bad trip? I'm just curious if anyone has ever tripped while having allergies/cold/sick. Don't get me wrong... I'm not worried about a bad trip because I only have problems with the come-up. Once I'm in mushroom land it's like nothing can bring me down (except, of course, the negative thoughts of my best friend).

So... will having a cold/allergies negatively affect my shroom trip? And will 2.5 make a huge difference as opposed to 3 grams? My assumptions are that having allergies shouldn't hurt anything and that 2.5 grams should still give me a wild experience, especially since this is my first solo experience. But I want the input of the experts on these forums. So... what do you guys think?

And as usual, thanks in advance for any answers!
:mushroom2:

--------------------
"Many times I've lied - Many times I've listened,
Many times I've wondered how much there is to know."
-Led Zeppelin (Over the Hills and Far Away)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Question regarding tripping... [Re: Bonez420]
    #3264434 - 10/22/04 01:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The thing I've experienced through tripping in general is if I dose alone, even a low dose I can either get really high, or not trip much at all.

The thing about friends is you can kind of help each other up higher than you could get alone.  Like, you can feed off the good vibes of one each other and hit planes that were previously unreachable.  Set and setting, and good vibed friends can knock that set sky high.

The difference between 2.5 and 3 shouldn't be incredibly significant, but if you have been comfortable with 3 before you should be ok on it.  Just use whatever you yourself feels comfortable.  My opinion is you would be ok.

As far as allergies and your cold go, I don't think it should present a problem as long as you don't dwell on the thoughts you posted.  If you do, it could potentially lead to bad thoughts, or even a bad trip if you are worried about it enough.  Best thing to do is just take a small cap of medicine or something before tripping so that your mind is at rest.  It's not really your cold you need to take care of, you need to put your mind to rest and you can tell yourself "I'm feeling much better now that I took some tussin'." :wink:

Anyway, hope you have fun and feel bad for your friend he seemed to have some bad luck.

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Question regarding tripping... [Re: Silven]
    #3264453 - 10/22/04 01:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I definitely feel bad for my friend. Partly because of what he had to go through, partly because he will never know (now) the full benefit of what mushrooms have to offer.

Thanks for the tips.

On a sidenote, it's actually turning out to be a lot harder than I thought it would to acquire a few grams. So perhaps I won't be tripping at all. But at the very least, it's good for future reference.

If I end up getting some shrooms, I'll definitely post a report and let you guys know how it goes.

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Question regarding tripping... [Re: Bonez420]
    #3265293 - 10/22/04 07:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

good luck...
you can always grow them... cheap and easy!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineBonez420
8=======8

Re: Question regarding tripping... [Re: Simisu]
    #3265567 - 10/22/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I'm in the US... so wouldn't getting the supplies be pretty tricky? I would love to grow them provided I could hide them somewhat from my sister. I have a closet that is about 4' x 4'. Would that be enough space to grow some shrooms in?

Yeah... so I couldn't find any mushrooms. At least not from my sources. This is a large city... there should be some shrooms around.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience