Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
George Bush kills Quadriplegic
    #3263942 - 10/22/04 10:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

http://marijuananews.com/news.php3?sid=768
D.C. Jail Stay Ends in Death For Quadriplegic Md. Man Care Provided by Hospital, Corrections Dept. in Question
By Henri E. Cauvin
Washington Post Staff Writer
October 1, 2004; Page B01
From The Washington Post

Jonathan Magbie, a 27-year-old Mitchellville man, was sent to jail in the District last week for 10 days for marijuana possession.

He never made it home.

Paralyzed as a child and unable to even breathe on his own, Magbie died last Friday after being shuttled between the D.C. jail complex and Greater Southeast Community Hospital.

At the center of the many questions surrounding his death is whether D.C. Superior Court and the D.C. Department of Corrections did enough to ensure adequate care for the quadriplegic inmate.

An investigation is underway, but that is little solace to his family, which marched on the courthouse this week with signs accusing the judge of killing Magbie.

?I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been punished, because he did smoke the marijuana,? his mother, Mary Scott, said yesterday, a day after burying her son. ?I just don't think it should have cost him his life.?
(MarijuanaNews note: This statement by the victim?s mother may be the saddest commentary of all on how much damage the Drug War has done to our values.)
See

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: George Bush kills Quadriplegic [Re: 1stimer]
    #3263952 - 10/22/04 10:44 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, that guy was a real danger to society :smirk:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Anonymous

#3264031 - 10/22/04 11:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

it's posts like this that make it difficult not to come off as a rabid bush-supporter here. so much nonsense."bush kills quadriplegic"? please. the state of maryland killed this man.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: George Bush kills Quadriplegic [Re: ]
    #3264046 - 10/22/04 11:23 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Bush supports the drug policies that led to this. He sends his stooges out to campaign illegally against the propositions that would decriminalize medical marijuana. How is he not responsible? Being the most powerfull man in the world, he must accept responsibility for the consequences of his policies. He doesnt govern in a vacuum.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3264057 - 10/22/04 11:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

He was a gawdamn tourrist for heaven's sake! Who knows what crazy shit he might have done! He probably had his wheelchair cavities filled up with gawdamn Ching and plasteek explosives!

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3264062 - 10/22/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It's funny how people will praise GW for his "victories" in the war on terror, as if he personally were responsible for the GOOD things that come out of his administration.

Yet when someone points out one of the BAD things that spills out of his government...everyone is quick to point the finger at the subordinates and say "Bush isn't personally responsible for this...he's only the President after all!" :smirk:

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

Anonymous

#3264065 - 10/22/04 11:30 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

the president is not responsible for every little thing that happens in this country, especially accidents and mistakes like this one. does the president support the killing of paralyzed marijuana users?

is bush responsible for at elderly woman getting tasered?

Anonymous

Re: George Bush kills Quadriplegic [Re: trendal]
    #3264077 - 10/22/04 11:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

the drug war, and the laws and agencies behind it have been in place since before bush ever took office. they've existed through 12 years of democratic presidencies. the war on terrorism on the other hand barely existed until now. the significant gains in the war on terrorism are the result of this administration's leadership. the drug war is not.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #3264087 - 10/22/04 11:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the president is not responsible for every little thing that happens in this country, especially accidents and mistakes like this one.

Quote:

It's funny how people will praise GW for his "victories" in the war on terror, as if he personally were responsible for the GOOD things that come out of his administration.

Yet when someone points out one of the BAD things that spills out of his government...everyone is quick to point the finger at the subordinates and say "Bush isn't personally responsible for this...he's only the President after all!"

Quote:

does the president support the killing of paralyzed marijuana users?

is bush responsible for at elderly woman getting tasered?

Yes, bush is responible for killing marijuana patients. He sends his stooges out to defeat decriminalization. He apointed a drug czar that supports extreme policies. Is he responsible for tasering old women? I dont know. Does he actively send minions out with tasers to attack women.

--------------------

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3264103 - 10/22/04 11:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

thas politics! :shroomer:

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3264123 - 10/22/04 11:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

significant gains in the war on terrorism

What significant gains? Did I miss something?

Quote:

the drug war, and the laws and agencies behind it have been in place since before bush ever took office. they've existed through 12 years of democratic presidencies

and now GWB is the boss, and a keen supporter of said drug war - if you accept the job you accept the responsibilty. If u support the policy as a part of your mandate- it is your policy - it is your responsibility.

Say some guy takes over a cruel sweatshop somewhere, he is the new boss - people are treated terribly and dying on the job: "it's not my responsibility" the boss says "I just took over and enforced the law in this sweatshop, the sweatshop has been here for years before I came along; I just fully support the old sweatshop policy, none of this dyin and cruelty is my responsibility - how could it be?"

Anonymous

Re: George Bush kills Quadriplegic [Re: CJay]
    #3264176 - 10/22/04 12:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What significant gains? Did I miss something?

al-qaeda is on the run, their financial support has been largely dismantled, and 2/3 of their top operatives have been captured or killed. muhammad atef, al-qaeda's military leader and second in command, has been killed. khalid shaykh muhammad, the mastermind behind 9/11, has been captured. as have ramzi bin al-shibh, abu zubaydah, abd al-rahim al-nashiri, mohamed sadeek odeh...

and now GWB is the boss, and a keen supporter of said drug war - if you accept the job you accept the responsibilty. If u support the policy as a part of your mandate- it is your policy - it is your responsibility.

this is absurd. i don't support the drug war, but come on. this was an accident. it's not official policy or anything. if it happened on clinton's watch, would you guys wouldn't be saying 'clinton kills quadripalegic!!!'... if you did, i would refute that statement just the same as this one. THINK.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

#3264187 - 10/22/04 12:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Clinton almost lost his presidency over a Bj for God's sake! Let alone anything else.

Mayve you should THINK

---by the way all your supposed gains aainst terrorism are wholy cosmetic and don't amount to a hill of beans bud.

More attempts at terrorism and terrorist acts are happening now. More and more. Good isn't it?

Keep your eyes open for the future :wink:

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3264190 - 10/22/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I am NOT saying that GW "kills quadriplegics"...that IS rather silly.

However it still IS GW's responsibility. He is the Commander in Chief and this is supposed to be HIS WATCH! He (his administration) supports the WOD, and actively tries to stifle any dissent on the subject. It is as much his fault as anyone else's, and the same thing would have been said for 'Ol Willy :wink:

On a side note: something I see happening in this forum ALL too often is that when someone critisizes Bush, others will say something about Clinton...as if the original poster MUST adore Clinton simply because they detest Bush. That's a logical fallacy.

It works both ways, too, of course. Whenever someone says something bad about Willy, they must automatically be a "Bush-supporter".

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3264201 - 10/22/04 12:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

He wasn't a danger, but the plant was.

If we were to let that guy have his medicine, kids might get the wrong idea. They might think marijuana isn't that harmful and then do it.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #3264202 - 10/22/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

2/3 of their top operatives have been captured or killed

But they have been replaced 10 fold with new jihadists.

Quote:

if it happened on clinton's watch, would you guys wouldn't be saying 'clinton kills quadripalegic!!!'... if you did, i would refute that statement just the same as this one

If Clinton were president today I would be just as critical. When he was president i wasnt quite as involved in politics so I dont know what i would have thought. I was very critical of Clinton at the time of his presidency however. Thats back in the day when I considered myself a conservative.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: George Bush kills Quadriplegic [Re: CJay]
    #3264203 - 10/22/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Clinton almost lost his presidency over a Bj for God's sake!

he almost lost his presidency for lying under oath before a federal court. what does that have to do with anything?

by the way all your supposed gains aainst terrorism are wholy cosmetic and don't amount to a hill of beans bud.

hah! capturing or killing 2/3 of their leadership, destroying their training centers, and sending them running with little financial or government support, doesn't amount to a hill of beans?

you've got to be kidding me. what would be progress?

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #3264218 - 10/22/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

what would be progress?

Capturing Osam Bin Laden. Securing our Borders. Checking cargo on airplanes. Confronting Iran, Saudi Arabia and N. Korea. Securing the russian nukes. Preparing America for a Bio-attack. Not killing off 1100 American soldiers invading a country that didnt attack us and using their service to secure the borders.

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #3264222 - 10/22/04 12:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

capturing or killing 2/3 of their leadership, destroying their training centers, and sending them running with little financial or government support, doesn't amount to a hill of beans?

The leadership that we killed has been replace 10 fold by new jihadists. We have done nothing to curb saudi arabias financial support to terrorists.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3264259 - 10/22/04 12:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Istimer writes:

The leadership that we killed has been replace 10 fold by new jihadists.

Do you have any backing for that assertion?

Assuming for the sake of argument that it is true (and it isn't), leaders are rare. Even trained grunts are rare. It takes time to learn the tricks of the trade. Until these tricks have been passed on (by whom? Not the leaders who have been killed or captured, that's for sure) a new recruit is useful as a 'splodeydope or as cannon fodder, not much more.

If you don't see that as progress, that is of course your right.

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion