Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt
    #3260257 - 10/21/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.bend.com/news/ar_view%5E3Far_id%5E3D18712.htm

This epitomizes the bush administration. What a disgrace to the constitution, our civil liberties, and American ideals. BUSH is HITLER. The 3 women just had the sentence "Protect our civil liberties" on their shirts. No party affiliation. This proves that Bush hates civil liberties.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: 1stimer]
    #3260280 - 10/21/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
This proves that Bush hates civil liberties.

That was a damn big leap.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
    #3260287 - 10/21/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

even funnier is that they were pro-bush/cheney...

"When Vice President Dick Cheney visited Eugene, Oregon on Sept. 17, a 54-Year old woman named Perry Patterson was charged with criminal trespass for blurting the word "No" when Cheney said that George W. Bush has made the world safer."

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: z@z.com]
    #3260298 - 10/21/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

That was a damn big leap.

I agree. It was a big leap to go from a country that valued civil liberties somewhat to a country that now has an administration that hates liberty.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #3260301 - 10/21/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

from the article:
In recent weeks, the Bush/Cheney campaign has gone so far as to have those who voice dissenting viewpoints at their events arrested and charged as criminals.

I do not recall anyone being charged with any crime because of voicing dissenting viewpoints. Am I mistaken here?

Also this was not a public event so no ones rights or civil liberties were in any way violated.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #3260908 - 10/21/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

why are you defending this? Do you honestly agree with their actions?

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #3260969 - 10/21/04 03:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

1stimer said:
why are you defending this? Do you honestly agree with their actions?

If the women were causing a disturbance at a private pro-Bush function then yes I do agree with it. If they were not causing a disturbance I don't agree with the action, but I do agree with their right to throw the women out. If it was a public function open to anyone on public property then I would have a problem with it.

--------------------

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #3260973 - 10/21/04 03:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This is a quote from that article "When Vice President Dick Cheney visited Eugene, Oregon on Sept. 17, a 54-Year old woman named Perry Patterson was charged with criminal trespass for blurting the word "No" when Cheney said that George W. Bush has made the world safer." Oh and the woman did have a valid ticket if you were wondering.

So apparantly you can be charged with a crime for stating your viewpoint. I cannot believe that they are allowed to do this...it's fucking absurd. Sooo I guess the word now is you have freedom of speech, only if you are not in the presence of any heads of our government or at one of their rallies.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: kindadank]
    #3260993 - 10/21/04 03:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kindadank said:
This is a quote from that article "When Vice President Dick Cheney visited Eugene, Oregon on Sept. 17, a 54-Year old woman named Perry Patterson was charged with criminal trespass for blurting the word "No" when Cheney said that George W. Bush has made the world safer." Oh and the woman did have a valid ticket if you were wondering.

So apparantly you can be charged with a crime for stating your viewpoint. I cannot believe that they are allowed to do this...it's fucking absurd. Sooo I guess the word now is you have freedom of speech, only if you are not in the presence of any heads of our government or at one of their rallies.

If that is accurate and she didn't expressly agree to be quiet beforehand then that is indeed messed up.

--------------------

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3261016 - 10/21/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I hope you realize how absurd your thought process is. If we were to be charged with a crime by stating that the world isnt a safer place with GWB in office then Michael Moore would be sitting in a cell right now. Bill Maher might be on death row. Sean Penn would be getting ass pumped by a big black man named Tito. My point is, obviously it is not a crime to speak out because these people do it in a very public way and do not always just disagree, they also throw in insults. I would say this is an isolated incedent and that it is wrong for you to jump to the conclusion that it is illegal to voice our opinion.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinekindadank
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3261039 - 10/21/04 04:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not trying to say that Michael Moore or any other person speaking out against GWB is going to be arrested. All I was saying is that it is COMPLETELY ridiculous for a woman to be arrested for blurting out "NO". I had always thought that unless you were verbally abusing someone, you could speak your mind without fear of prosecution. Apparently, you CAN be charged with a crime for voicing your opinion at a Bush rally. I don't see this to be absurd at all. (my opinion that is) So what are you talking about? Do you believe they should be allowed to do this?

OfflineGFM
Cpt. Midnight!
Male User Gallery

Loc: "Around the way"
    #3261485 - 10/21/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, in my state, Kerry Had a rally, in an auditorium, and someone stood up, and just wanted to ask a question. His crew didn't care for what was asked, or the tone of it, so they pile drove him face first into the concrete, put him into a double chicken wing, and beat his ass all the while they drug him outside, as the crowd cheered and mocked him.
"Here's to the new boss, same as the old boss."

--------------------
"Anything not nailed down, is mine.  Anything I can pry up, is not nailed down."    Richard Millhouse Nixon.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3262107 - 10/21/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AaronEvil said:
Sean Penn would be getting ass pumped by a big black man named Tito.

What makes you think he's not?

--------------------

Offlinenycomyco
Stranger

Loc: PA
    #3262250 - 10/21/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Watch Unconstitutional, or read my summary in this forum, "Unconstitutional" posted a few days ago
You would be surprised at how civil liberties are being annihilated.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3262746 - 10/21/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, he might be but I was refering to him getting that star treatment in prison.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
    #3263337 - 10/22/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

they were probably gonna yell shit in the middle of his speech...

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #3263385 - 10/22/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #3263400 - 10/22/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

If the women were causing a disturbance

They werent. They were just wearing a shirt. How is protecting civil liberties anti-republican?

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #3263735 - 10/22/04 04:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

This epitomizes the bush administration. What a disgrace to the constitution, our civil liberties, and American ideals. BUSH is HITLER. The 3 women just had the sentence "Protect our civil liberties" on their shirts. No party affiliation. This proves that Bush hates civil liberties.

:lol: At least Geoffrey understands...

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3263751 - 10/22/04 05:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You know why they can't take out Moore etc.....way to high profile. Imagine trying to get away with that!

As Ice-T said: "Shoulda killed me last year!"

Quote:

extraordinary measures to screen the opinions of those who attend Bush and Cheney speeches .

limited event access to those willing to volunteer in Bush/Cheney campaign offices .

gone so far as to have those who voice dissenting viewpoints at their events arrested and charged as criminals.

a new standard

Perry Patterson was charged with criminal trespass for blurting the word "No" when Cheney said that George W. Bush has made the world safer.

America - the land of freedom!

Shut up! Be HAPPY!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder