Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
"Can I get me a hunting license here?"
    #3263007 - 10/21/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just when I think Kerry can't possibly demonstrate his political tin ear any more plainly than he has already, he comes up with another show-stopper.

Pandering is one thing -- incompetent pandering is something else again. This empty suit doesn't deserve to be elected dog catcher of Bugscuffle Bottoms, Oklahoma.

You guys just have to check this out -- http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/001165.php

And what about all these asinine sports wannabe staged photo ops on the tarmac at various airports? Like he really, REALLY normally tosses a baseball around before hopping on his (excuse me... Theresa's) private jet when he's not in campaign mode. Or hikes a football -- badly -- out on the runway as a usual thing. What next? A Frisbee? Hacky-sack?

Dang! I used to have a bookmark to that football hike picture -- very possibly the funniest single picture of a politician ever published. Looks like he's attempting a "reach-around" or something. It's a scream.

But this "Can I get me a hunting license here," has got to be, without a doubt, his smarmiest ploy to date. I seriously doubt he can ever top it.

pinky

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: "Can I get me a hunting license here?" [Re: Phred]
    #3263053 - 10/21/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3263096 - 10/21/04 11:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Would you support Kerry if he promises to never play sports again?

Wait... I feel a flip-flop joke coming...

I'll try to head it off.

Why is it ok for Bush to say, "Internets", but not for Kerry to say, "Can I get me..."? Aren't they both Rich kids From West Haven U?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (10/21/04 11:17 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: "Can I get me a hunting license here?" [Re: Rose]
    #3263115 - 10/21/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Why is it ok for bush to say internets but not ok for Kerry to say, "Can I get me..."?

Go to the link. Read the commentary. Bush mangles the pronunciation of words because he's Bush. It is not a deliberate thing, but rather a source of embarassment. If he could stop it he would. But Kerry didn't just goof the pronunciation of a word. He deliberately chose to talk like Cletus the slack-jawed yokel (Simpsons reference) in a pathetically lame attempt to "connect" with the locals. No one -- and I mean no one -- would buy that for a second. It was quite obviously a forced attempt at sounding just like "regular folk". The irony is that there probably isn't a voter in the entire freaking state of Ohio who has ever said "Can I get me..." in their life. Not only does he come off as a patronizing fool, but he insults the people he's trying to connect with in the first place! Double whammy.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3263145 - 10/21/04 11:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yeah, I get it. Kerry made a bad call. I hadn't heard about that incident though, so the press may not be covering it too much.

My point is: Bush was obviously trying to connect with the younger generation when he said, "Internets". His malaprop made him seem like an aloof dad (or the Nutty Professor). Bush Sr. Had a similar blunder in one of his debates. I don't remember the exact specifics, but it showed America how out of touch Bush was.

I mean, Bush Sr. and Jr. Both looked out of touch with the common American during the debate.

Anyway, back to Dubbya's "Internets." He did EXACTLY what Kerry did (except it was probably unintentional). He offended and looked dumb to EXACTLY the group he was targeting.

The difference?

The whole Nation knows W. said, "Internets."

Kerry may get off lucky. It truly was a poorly planned blunder... but it wasn't during a National Debate.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3263273 - 10/22/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:spammer:

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder