Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Mad Scientist
Loc: England
Question about cool mist modification, and sterilizing your work area.
    #3262627 - 10/21/04 11:36 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

I have a few questions.
First question, - does the cool mist intake, that most recommend to cover with a hepa filter really need to be a hepa, could i just use some left over filter patches i have from jars instead? The cool mist is blowing into a 36' x 60' martha 24/7 - as well as an ultrasonic(no filter) running on a timer... Should i mix the water with a like 3% peroxide solution, i really don't want peroxide spraying in there all the time, but if it will do no harm i guess I'm down. Second question, when I'm chopping my myc. fresh out of the fully colonized jars, will spraying oust or something in the air before i start affect anything, and using paper towels or plastic wrap to chop on. I just wanna know what kind precautions most of you use in your work area when chopping up your cakes in order to case them. and don't tell me to get a hood, cause (as Dave Chappell would say, "I'M BROKE NIGGA, I'M BROKE". Ive spent like 4 hundred american dollars from various online companies in the last week or so trying to replicate Magash's martha setup. Wonder what kinda yield ill get, I'm hoping for at least an h.p. dry i got 48 jars with 100g rye in each jar and knocked up by EQ., that I'm gonna case with 50/50 - think this is just wishfull thinking or accurate?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about cool mist modification, and sterilizing your work area. [Re: AnonymousNewbie]
    #3262744 - 10/21/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

No you can NOT use leftover filter patches from jar, come ON! They do not need a filter however. Putting on old patches from jars and peicing them together would invite contams more then anything along with restricting airflow, if you actually could peice together something that COULD seal it enough to restrict the air flow.

Peroxide will do no harm. Put about 5-10% h202 (the 3% kind) and the other 90-95% water.

Spraying Oust or Lysol to much can cause mutants. Spray it around before you start working and give it 10 minutes to settle. Work in a room with all smooth surfaces (no carpets or rugs ect) wiped down and cleaned well. A HEPA running in the room would be nice. Do not use paper towels..that will contam stuff. Throw in a fresh bag and break it up through the outside of the bag. Wearing gloves would help alot, trich hides under finger nails.

If I was you I would expect about 7-14 grams per quart jar per flush, ends up with 12-24 ounces as long as they all make it to fruit and don't get contamed. You'll get more as you get better. You might not get this! But I'm giving you a rough estimate based on what I get. If you screw shit up though, you could get alot less. Make sure you follow Magashs teks. Strains will make your yeild vary tremedously and so will what you do, your conditions and the way you treat them.

"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation