Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
I am Vegan
    #3260312 - 10/21/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have been vegan before but this time it's permanent. I highly recommend the vegan lifestyle to anyone who doesn't feel good about the way our domestic animals are treated. Bad vibes in the animal products, bro.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: I am Vegan [Re: sunshine]
    #3260333 - 10/21/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

(sorry I had to do it)

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinebittercap
Stranger
Re: I am Vegan [Re: z@z.com]
    #3260543 - 10/21/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I used to work with cattle. It was an organic ranch though, we did not pump them with steroids. I enjoyed working with them, people will laugh but you can learn alot from watching animals. They are sometimes intelligent and can amaze you when you least expect it.

Invisibleadrug

#3260575 - 10/21/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I grew up on a cattle farm. I don't seem to recall any "bad vibes"...except for the ones I get when people try to tell me that eating meat is murder.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: I am Vegan [Re: adrug]
    #3260858 - 10/21/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You eat plants, isn't that murder too? Well, time to convert to fruitarianim.

Here is a moral question, if we could produce an animal without a brain that relied on autonomous body functions to survive... we could shove a feeding hose in it and make it grow. Would harvesting such a creature be acceptable eating material?

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: I am Vegan [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #3261390 - 10/21/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hermit has a point,
i do believe all plants and animals are living things..
i do eat meat, and i dont' think its unhealty.
i do however respect waht i eat, i try to waste as little food as possible.
you can have a health lifestyle weather you eat meat or not, but you should be thankfull for what you have
:smile:

mmm dinner time!

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Offlinea_fun_guy
Papa Smurf
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3261408 - 10/21/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

SALAD IS MURDER!! Plants feel pain too you know??

--------------------

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
Re: I am Vegan [Re: a_fun_guy]
    #3261484 - 10/21/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I hope you take your B-complex supplement.
Why not buy your meat from the local butcher that knows who raised the livestock and what methods were used?
In my city there is one such butcher who promotes organic raised, humanely treated livestock. You could also go kill your own meat, it lasts for months in a good freezer..
Just make sure you are a good shot.
I always think this when vegans use the "I feel so sorry for the poor critters" line. You do have a choice which meat you consume.
So if you like meat, then eat it responsibly

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: I am Vegan [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #3261533 - 10/21/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have heard that your shit doesn't stink when on a vegan diet with everything organic. That could be a lie though, so don't take me seriously.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: I am Vegan [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #3261563 - 10/21/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

So if you like meat, then eat it responsibly

...which 99.9% of meat-eaters do not.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3261572 - 10/21/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

You eat plants, isn't that murder too?

no, it is not. plants possess no central nervous system and are incapable of feeling pain as we know it. dont be ridiculous.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3261587 - 10/21/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Here is a moral question, if we could produce an animal without a brain that relied on autonomous body functions to survive... we could shove a feeding hose in it and make it grow. Would harvesting such a creature be acceptable eating material?

I woud not necessarily have a problem with this considering it is not conscious. I would have a problem with the cruel research steps required to manufacture such a thing. I would also have a problem with the desire to do something so bizarre when it is so unnecessary.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: I am Vegan [Re: Vvellum]
    #3262050 - 10/21/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Vegans don't care about the millions of squirrels, groundhogs, rabbits, foxes, mice, killdeer, skunks, and possoms that are killed every year by combines that plow the fields. How could a vegan honestly eat another plate of "fresh vegetables"? Your vegetables are stained with blood you murderer!

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#3262056 - 10/21/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
Quote:

You eat plants, isn't that murder too?

no, it is not. plants possess no central nervous system and are incapable of feeling pain as we know it. dont be ridiculous.

Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed you meant to use the word murder in the sense that you were killing a living creature. My bad. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask another question that you are probably going to find rediculous.

If you shoot a coma patient in the head, is that murder?

OfflineTheShroomHermit
 User Gallery

#3262094 - 10/21/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
Quote:

I woud not necessarily have a problem with this considering it is not conscious. I would have a problem with the cruel research steps required to manufacture such a thing. I would also have a problem with the desire to do something so bizarre when it is so unnecessary.

You make it necessary for the Meat Industry to expand it's market to those vegans and vegatarians who would eat an animal if it didn't have a consciousness. They're not stupid, you know.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: I am Vegan [Re: looner2]
    #3262350 - 10/21/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

first, I'm not vegan. second, there is a difference between the accidental/unavoidable and the intentional. duh.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3262358 - 10/21/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed you meant to use the word murder in the sense that you were killing a living creature. My bad. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask another question that you are probably going to find rediculous.

When did I ever use the word "murder"? You must be confused.

Quote:

If you shoot a coma patient in the head, is that murder?

depends on the intent and circumstance.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3262422 - 10/21/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What are you supposed to eat? Just vegetables?

Offlinezionchild
Stranger
    #3262439 - 10/21/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i believe that everyone who endorses the consumption of dead animal flesh should be required to kill an animal themselves, or at least watch how commercial meat is produced - from the diseased animals pumped full of chemicals to keep them alive, to the pneumatic drill to the brain, to the slaughtering, to the irradiation. i worked in a slaughterhouse/meatmarket during a period in my life when i was experimenting heavily with psychedelics. i became a vegetarian as a result. i experimented with veganism, but more for spiritual purposes than a statement for animal cruelty (although i do believe people dissociate themselves from the food they eat, especially in in the western world). i was never a 'militant vegetarian/vegan', trying to force people to "convert", this is simply silliness. all i encourage is more attention on the part of the individual to the things he or she puts in their body. the only meat in my diet currently are fish i or my friends have caught and killed - my diet is known as the 'ital' diet by those in the Rastafarian community. i have no objections to those who live on farms, raise their own animals organically and slaughter them. having said all of this, i will add that it is healthier for some people to eat meat and other people to not eat meat. some people need it to stay grounded, some people experience degenerative health as a result of ingesting animal flesh (according to ones ayurvedic dosha, or indivual characteristics). in any case, if you enjoy meat, at least do yourself a favor and research where the stuff comes from - if you don't know what irradiation is, then google it. if you don't believe there is a connection between one's spiritual body and ones physical body (and what one puts into it), then you are just plain ignorant. i will end by listing a few note-worthy vegetarians throughout history: thoreau, rousseau, mark twain, voltaire, plato, socrates, the Buddha, martin luther, leonardo da vinci, charles darwin, albert einstein, the Christ, ralph waldo emerson, bob marley (all rastas for that matter), ghandi, leo tolstoy, the list goes on. peace&love

Offlinezionchild
Stranger
Re: I am Vegan [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3262509 - 10/21/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

smurf- not just veggies, but thats the bulk of the diet. vegans eat anything that does not originate from animal source (meat, dairy, some dont even eat honey). main protein sources are lentils, beans, grains, tofu, seitan (wheat gluten - actually tastes pretty damn good), tempeh, hummus, nut butters (peanut, almond, cashew, etc) etc. i have to say that as a result of being vegan for a 8 month period, i did learn to eat many new dishes and foods which i continue to enjoy - if nothing else it expanded my ability to enjoy a diversity of foods. i did feel more healthy while eating vegan, but one must be VERY cautious and knowledgable about nurtrition, being sure to get vitamin B-12, iron, etc. This is not hard, it just requires research. veganism for me is more of a form of fasting (fasting from animal products), than a statement of personal beliefs. i would never tell anyone i was a vegan because i know how many stereotypes and stigmas surround this word. it was quite amusing when discussions of veganism would arise at parties or gatherings; i would just quietly listen to peoples thoughts, misconceptions, etc. in any case, its really not hard to switch to vegan - there are so many subsitutes on the market nowadays that all you really need is motivation. i don't drink milk anymore cos i have grown more accustomed to soy milk, almond milk and rice milk (real milk is good on cornflakes, but not on granola-based cereal), soy yogurt tastes the same as regular to me, soy icecream tastes the same - soy cheese i never really experiemented with. anyway, just trying to give some insight into this misunderstood dietary practice.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds