Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMcMushrooms420
Here but not really.....
 User Gallery

Three Weeks
    #3259056 - 10/21/04 01:04 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone, a friend started a grow 3 weeks ago with 3 different strains ( B+, Blue meanie, and Creeper if that makes any difference) Anyways after two and 1/2 weeks. They were about 90% colonized and wouldn't finish. After taking some advice turned the jars upside down so some of the excess water would leak into the dry verm. Five days later the jars still aren't 100%. There seems to be verm still on the outside of the myc. Is it possible the verm specs are stuck to the side of the jars? There has been no signs of contams at all and there is moisture in the jars still. Also what are the downfalls of casing the cakes if they aren't 100% colonized? Thanks for the help.
On a side note 4 quart jars of popcorn are coming along quite nicely.

--------------------
You Can't Give It Up........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Three Weeks [Re: McMushrooms420]
    #3259309 - 10/21/04 03:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, If you do birth them partially uncolonized your going to want to take a sterile knife and cut out the uncolonized portion. Have you tried opening them in a sterile environment to smell it?? Might be a good idea. If you see a contam dont sniff though. If you don't cut out the uncolonized portion you open yourself up to a host of contams.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Three Weeks [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3259382 - 10/21/04 04:15 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This happened to my BU and was very long to finish colonizing the last little dime sized places. I set the jars on the side after gently tapping the jars to move the myc piss around. The growth continued after about a day. Try that.

Also, this problem can be avoided by rapid colonization. Doesn't seem to happen when the jars are accelerated. When you prepare the jars, keep it a bit on the dry side.(I use 50cc instead of 60cc on my new jars now) Also, don't pack. Don't pack! Don't pack! Use coarse verm for faster colonization. It won't hold as much water, but it'll help you from getting those damn dime sized stalls. Good luck.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMcMushrooms420
Here but not really.....
 User Gallery

Re: Three Weeks [Re: Sam1912]
    #3259421 - 10/21/04 04:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The jars have been tapped, moving that myc piss around Sam still didn't help. Any other advice, has anyone here had good luck with cutting out the small uncolonized portions?

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Three Weeks [Re: McMushrooms420]
    #3259422 - 10/21/04 04:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well i was pretty sure thats what i said. Do a search through the posts. Its a common thing to do in this instance.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Three Weeks [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3259448 - 10/21/04 05:02 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, you need to give it more than 30 minutes to see growth. Leave them in your incubator on their sides for a day or two.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMcMushrooms420
Here but not really.....
 User Gallery

Re: Three Weeks [Re: Sam1912]
    #3262062 - 10/21/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ok thanks Hawk, Sam we talked about this in my last post that got deleted. They were left on their sides for a weekend, after the weekend nothing happened... :shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies