Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Myco Student
 User Gallery

whats happening
    #3261715 - 10/21/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

when i try to log in to the shroomery it says that my password is wrong and i try and try and ask me to type in the security code the shows up... i enter the code and it says it the wrong code??? i try to reload it a few times and then it lets me in my password is 8 letters but when i go to my profile and reset it it has like 15 letters typed in the password space?? whats going on?? what can i do?? im running spybot and adaware have windoes XP when i use my new browser Firfox it doesnt let me in but when i try a shit load of times IE does. both let me in fine yesterday

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: NY/MA/VT Border, USA Flag
Re: whats happening [Re: Mykro_Guy]
    #3263184 - 10/22/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Hey there -

I'm sorry to hear you've been having login troubles! I must admit this is pretty strange. I've tested the security code extensively with both Firefox and IE and I've never experienced the kind of problem you're describing.

Do you have dial-up Internet access, and if so do you pay for a 'web accelerator' like those offered by NetZero and Earthlink? Or, do you run any web caching or acceleration software on your personal computer? These can cause problems with the security code since you're seeing a cached, not a current code.

Also, please make sure that you have Firefox set up to accept cookies (Tools | Options | Privacy | Cookies | 'Allow sites to set cookies' and 'Keep cookies until they expire'). Then click the 'Clear' buttons to clear both your cookies and your browser cache. Close and reopen Firefox, then try logging in again. I checked and you currently have no bad login attempts, so assuming you enter the correct password the security code shouldn't even pop up.

Oh, and your password will always show up as 15 characters in your profile. It's because we don't actually store your password anywhere on our server, instead we use it to generate a unique code (or hash) and that is what's stored. Basically it's a security measure since many people use the same password across multiple sites. This way nobody (not even an administrator) can find out what your actual BB password is. However, it also means there's no way to tell how many characters it is, so the BB always shows 15.

Anyway, I really hope these suggestions help! Please let me know either way.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology