Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: John]
    #3267086 - 10/23/04 05:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Click on the band link in Shroomism's signiture.  It'll take you to his band webpage and the names of the members are there somewhere...

All right, I did that, and found this:  Active Inmate Details

On our webpage for donations, it lists one charge of $5000 and two charges with $500 each... however, this page here lists one of those (marijuana possession) as $2000, bringing it to $7500 bail.....

When does he have court? Won't he end up going back to jail anyways? Will we be able to raise that much money? :confused: :frown:

If the point of getting him out before court was so he could take off out of state, I don't think it would be wise to find a bailbondsman, if they will be holding collateral.... and also, someone said he was being charged as a felon? If that is so, I don't exactly think it wise to try to leave the state....

:mad: This sucks.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3267102 - 10/23/04 05:48 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
The kind of trouble he is in is small. He is NOT a political prisoner as some here feel. He may be a good guy, but maybe he will learn to not go out cruising with pills and weed in his possesion...it just shows poor judgement.

Poor judgement? -- yes.

Police profiling? -- likely.

Illegal search? -- likely.

Political prisioner? -- do the math: Arrests & Incarceration

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: ]
    #3267146 - 10/23/04 06:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

For those skeptics out there, please feel free to leave and think nothing of this. The people we are asking to donate are people who know Shroomism, and have been touched by him or the shroomery in the past. This is a great place with great people, and those who know it are those who are encouraged to help. I know many people here are not in a position to help and thats Okay. It is not your job to be responsible for others actions, it would just be a cool thing if you helped if you are able to.

Like stated above ... He was probably wrongfully arrested, yes. But it was a poor descision to drive with drugs. 99% of the time you might get away with it, especially if you are sober, minding your own business. . . But we all know the way the game is played. I hope this doesnt come as a supprise to anyone, because if it does then you are next. They say the best lessons are hardest learned. I hope everyone here takes a look at this and thinks next time before they "go to taco bell with just a 'lil bit o weed and a couple pills'" cause that little non-threatening car ride, minding your own business could turn into jail time and a criminal record. Its not fair, but its life. I also strongly encourage those of you who appose this kind of law to do something about it. Check your local NORML or write to the people who represent you, put presure on them. They will do whatever they want until they feel their people wont re-elect them. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and do something. I know so many good people who get in trouble for something petty like pot, and once classified as a "criminal" that breaks down all barriers for them. "If they say im a criminal, i guess i better start robbing people."

We need this bullshit to stop, and soon.

As far as this thread is concerned. I believe this to be the most appropriet place for it. I know there are others on this board like me, and by that I mean people who come here just for S&P. I dont have time to waste my life in OTD, and right now I do not cultivate mushrooms. My time is very limited and sometimes I just need S&P and nothing else. I think of this place as my home, and The Shroomery is the community in wich it resides. Sometimes I just want to lounge around home, and talk to my family instead of going into the chaotic streets of OTD, possibly getting mugged.

I offer my love to you all. Please be wise, you cannot be fair or you will get locked up for life. You cannot stoop down to thier level or you will get locked up for life. The only thing that will keep you free is knowledge. Thier centralized media cannot compete with the millions of individuals spreading information so freely. Stay 3 steps ahead of them, but put on that smiling face, and light some incense when they come to your door.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Edited by root-ninja-tak (10/23/04 06:35 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: tak]
    #3267151 - 10/23/04 06:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

We should do everything we can, but is $7500 realistic when he is likely to get jail time anyways? We have $700 so far, and how much time do we have left? A few days? :confused: :frown:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3267194 - 10/23/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If bail is not met, money will be returned to the donators, and not used for new Gucci clothes for the admins.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#3267232 - 10/23/04 08:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

root-ninja-tak said:
If bail is not met, money will be returned to the donators, and not used for new Gucci clothes for the admins.

That isn't what I am asking, though. I mentioned nothing about money being returned. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Anonymous

#3267607 - 10/23/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'M JUST HERE TO GET MY BABY OUT OF JAIL
(Karl Davis / Harty Taylor)

I'm not in this town to stay
Said a lady old and grey
I'm just here to get my baby out of jail
Yes, warden, I'm just here to get my baby out of jail

I will wash all your clothes
I will scrub all your clothes
If that will get my baby out of jail

I will pawn you my watch
I will pawn you my chain
I will pawn you my gold diamond ring

When those gates swung wide apart
She held her darling to her heart
She kissed her baby boy and then she died
Yes, warden, in the arms of her dear boy there she died
Yes, warden, in the arms of her dear boy there she died

:cthulhu: :kodama:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: ]
    #3267795 - 10/23/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I agree that the drug laws are stupid and extreme, but as long as people continue to demonstrate that they cannot use wisdom in regard to these substances the laws will not change. I personally think all drugs should be legal...if people want to screw up their lives with pills and needles I say let them. The penalty for endangering others with them should be VERY INTENSELY severe however. There is no reason to not leave these things at home when out in an automobile. I have worked with in public safety and in cooperation with the police for enough years to know that if you are carting the stuff around in a car it is because you have used it or are going to while you are out.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (10/23/04 10:20 PM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: John]
    #3269489 - 10/23/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
you forget they need collaterall for the 90% they put up and they want cash or real estate.

Good point. I forgot.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: Frog]
    #3281255 - 10/26/04 07:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Shroomism should be glad he was busted in Florida and not in CA. I know someone who was busted with a piece of meth the size of your fingernail, and a pipe. He wasn't high at the time he was busted. No priors, not even a traffic ticket, at the age of 26. His bail was $20,000.00.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: Frog]
    #3281281 - 10/26/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Frog said:
Shroomism should be glad he was busted in Florida and not in CA. I know someone who was busted with a piece of meth the size of your fingernail, and a pipe. He wasn't high at the time he was busted. No priors, not even a traffic ticket, at the age of 26. His bail was $20,000.00.

But we're talking weed here, not meth. Aren't small amounts of weed basically decriminalized here?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: silversoul7]
    #3281364 - 10/26/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, good point. I think less than an ounce is either an infraction or a misdemeanor or something like that. Cited and released.

But possession of meth can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. I don't think that possession of a small amount should indicate a felony.

I guess my point is that when someone isn't hurting anyone, and isn't driving around all high and stuff, the bail shouldn't be set so high, even when it is something like meth.

--------------------

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

wtf [Re: Frog]
    #3285761 - 10/27/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You clearly have enough money to get a bondsman. I used to live in FL and I'm pretty sure that if you had under an ounce its only a misdemeanor. I once got arrested with almost an ounce and was released the next day.

Edited by BuddahKillah (10/27/04 05:42 PM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: silversoul7]
    #3286554 - 10/27/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

But we're talking weed here, not meth. Aren't small amounts of weed basically decriminalized here?

According to NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws), the following are the penalties in Florida for possession:

20g or less = Misdemeanor; up to 1 year and $5000
More then 20g = Felony; up to 5 years and $5000

Sale and cultivation goes up from there. A list of the assorted penalties for marijuana possession for each state is online at their web site at:

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4530

By the way, I think one of the reasons drug laws suck so bad is that the busybodies who don't have a life and don't want you to have one either spend a lot of their time and money pushing anti-drug laws.

The rest of us who adopt a live-and-let-live attitude toward others are mostly content to keep our nose and money out of other people's business.

The problem with this is that it biases political motivation against us because the only side actively pushing their agenda is the busybodies who can't stand to leave the rest of us alone.

One very easy and very effective way to fight back is to donate to organizations dedicated to our cause.  Shroomery currently has 25,000+ registered members.  If even 10% of us donate the cost of one joint each, to NORML, it would go a long way toward helping repeal these oppressive, draconian laws.

NORML is a 501(c)(3) non-profit founded in 1997. Their team of lawyers and lobbyists have done more than any other organization to push for decriminalization and they deserve our support.

Their suggested contribution is $25, but trust me, they need and will gladly accept anything you can give them no matter how small or large an amount you can afford.  They take PayPal, credit cards, check, money orders, and even cash.

Complaining about these laws isn't gonna change them; if you're serious about doing your part to improve things, donate to NORML at:

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3454  :thumbup:

Edited by Diploid (10/29/04 01:28 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3291854 - 10/28/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

For those skeptics out there, please feel free to leave and think nothing of this. The people we are asking to donate are people who know Shroomism, and have been touched by him or the shroomery in the past.

What about those of us whom he has fucked out of large sums of money while espousing the clear nature of karma? Should we be sympathetic and caring to a cheat and a liar? Words are cheap. Living your own teachings are another matter. Had he honored his promise I would be helping him out now as we speak.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: Swami]
    #3292103 - 10/29/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm willing to bet an undisclosed sum of money that you have probably donated to the fund.  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: Swami]
    #3292697 - 10/29/04 04:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry if I 'fucked anyone over out of large sums of money' for being poor. One day when/if I have money in any kind of abundance I will of course spread it to those who need.

Misinformation aside, we weren't smoking in the car, the cop profiled us, and illegally searched us. I was just bonded out about 6 hours ago.

Thanks to my friends at the shroomery, I don't have to rot in jail until February with a public pretender.

Thank you all for all your support, it means so much to me  :heart:

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: Shroomism]
    #3292699 - 10/29/04 04:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So tell us what happened?

Your bail was set at about $7000 last time I heard from the Pub.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: psyka]
    #3292720 - 10/29/04 05:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wrote most of the details in the pub..
$7,500 from what I heard.. I'll know for sure in the morning.
Basically I was a victim of the drug war and the injustice of police, although I am not justifying my carrying drugs. If anything I learned to hide them better, and/or not be in such a fascist place. I make no apologies for possessing 3 grams of the world's safest plant and 4 mild muscle relaxers, I wasn't smoking it in the car nor was I driving and I certainly wasn't doing anyone any harm, it's the drug laws and police profiling which is wrong here. The police had no right to stop us and certainly no right to search us and the vehicle which he did against our wills. I got bonded out tonight and now just have to stick around this godforsaken county until my court dates and avoid being put on probation with all my might.

--------------------

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: Help get Shroomism out of jail. [Re: Shroomism]
    #3292762 - 10/29/04 05:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

should have ate them muscle relaxers.
ive learned to act quick when freedom patrol is on the case.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck