Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Is shroomism in jail?
    #3260810 - 10/21/04 05:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Why do I keep seeing signatures that say "free shroomism" ?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3260815 - 10/21/04 05:12 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Click on it and find out.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3260879 - 10/21/04 05:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This is horrible! When did this happen?

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3260943 - 10/21/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Unbeleivable.

Just a short bit back, he posted about how he is homeless and now free to hit the open road and explore and adventure and now he is jailed up.

I'm failing to comprehend this.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3261307 - 10/21/04 07:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

that kid is just so sad. It really fucking gets to me.

GODAMNIT!

man... and his bail is huge, at least for someone like him.

This is a severe tragedy. Amazing when your involved in a board like this you see so many things happen to people. Kids that youve talked to personally OD'ing, dieing of liver failure, getting locked up for pot

i should send him all my money, but even that would be like no where near enough and what if it doesnt get to him? that poor fuck i feel like shit about this

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3267476 - 10/23/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Shroomism is a great person.  This will not ruin him.  He will rise above it all.  It sucks right now, but this is temporary.

When he is an old man telling his grand-kids stories about his great life, I bet this experience will be nothing more then an afterthougt. 

Not to  minimalize it, because that is not fair.  But I think he's strong enough to get through it all.

:heart:

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: CherryBom]
    #3267878 - 10/23/04 03:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"This is a severe tragedy. Amazing when your involved in a board like this you see so many things happen to people. Kids that youve talked to personally OD'ing, dieing of liver failure, getting locked up for pot"

All of these things are indicative of a failing lifestyle. When you see your FRIENDS involved with things like this it is a wake-up call.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3267934 - 10/23/04 03:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Doesn't it really show the society's failing comprehension of a lifestyle? Thus outlawing a branch of society which obviously belongs among the 'good guys'  :crazy:

:sun:

Peace and love to Shroomism. My bet he takes no shit from those poor souls harrasing him :heart:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: dorkus]
    #3267986 - 10/23/04 03:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"Doesn't it really show the society's failing comprehension of a lifestyle?"

No it does not..that is a cop out. Behaviors that lead to failure are the fault of the behaviors. We are all responsible for our actions...I am tired of the "society's victims" outlook. Our country's laws may be lacking in areas, but freedom is possible within the system if you adopt healthy behaviors and ideas...that does NOT mean conform. Read "Tao Te Ching" you'll get the picture.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3268016 - 10/23/04 03:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

(General: Not to Hue)

I am curious as to what the "Karma Believers" have to say. One cannot have it both ways. (Sometimes karma; sometimes not).

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #3268032 - 10/23/04 04:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"Doesn't it really show the society's failing comprehension of a lifestyle?"

No it does not..that is a cop out. Behaviors that lead to failure are the fault of the behaviors. We are all responsible for our actions...I am tired of the "society's victims" outlook. Our country's laws may be lacking in areas, but freedom is possible within the system if you adopt healthy behaviors and ideas...that does NOT mean conform. Read "Tao Te Ching" you'll get the picture.

I understand where you are coming from, but saying that its never society's fault is exactly like saying its always society's fault.

I take responsibility for what happens in my life. But some obstacles have been constructed by those who got here before me, and I have utterly no control over them.

Tao Teh Ching, eh? I love that book, but like all of them, I take it with a grain of salt. Look what kind of government the Taoist philosophy has given the Chinese. Maybe if they didn't spend all of their time 'wanting nothing' they might have a government that respected their rights.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: Swami]
    #3268045 - 10/23/04 04:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Though I wouldn't exactly say I believe in Karma...I think the general idea is that there must be BALANCE in the world. If something bad like this has happened to shroomism, it must mean something as good as this is bad will happen to him in the future (or perhaps already DID happen, and now he's paying his karma debt?).

Just a thought :smirk:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3268048 - 10/23/04 04:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

All of these things are indicative of a failing lifestyle. When you see your FRIENDS involved with things like this it is a wake-up call.

^^^^What he said. This is in no way intended to be a slight against Shroomism who i happen to respect immensley :smile:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3268124 - 10/23/04 04:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that DUI is a bad thing, he was not under the influence, and was not driving the automobile. I know what you are saying, cause its true. Most people bring drugs to use them. I also agree that victimless crimes should be legal, and severe punishment for those who endanger others while on drugs. I can see this working, DUI laws here in Florida are strict, it is working. I just cannot see locking someone up for posession of pot and RX's w/o perscription. And when they do lock them up, posting bail at an outrageous amount. If they think there is an rx problem in america, wich there undeniably is, then they should comdem the manufactures, and doctors writing scripts like nothing.

And to say getting arrested like this is signs of an unhealthy lifestyle, that is BS. Yes people OD, but its a forum based on drug use. I know my limits, and find myself to be a responsible user, its a shame some others dont. I dont think these things really relate, because there will always be bad, no matter where you go.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3268163 - 10/23/04 04:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"Look what kind of government the Taoist philosophy has given the Chinese"

The Tao did not influence the present Chinese government. It was a banned book there for until recently. Actually read the book closely. You will see it is about acheiving freedom by following the innate laws of the universe (Tao: The Way). It has nothing to do with communism at all. It was written in B.C. long before Marxism.

"But some obstacles have been constructed by those who got here before me, and I have utterly no control over them."

True, but if you see a brick wall in the middle of the road will you drive through it...or go around it. Counter-productive behaviors are examples of individuals driving through the brick wall, then they are surprised when they wreck.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #3268370 - 10/23/04 05:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not saying that the taoist philosophy has influenced the government. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite passages from the Tao Teh Ching is "The best government is one of whose existence the people are barely aware."

All I am saying is that adherence to the taoist philosophy (and similar philosophies) has caused the Chinese people to accept a government that they probably shouldn't. Overthrowing a fascist dictator cannot be accomplished by people who have been taught to 'be flexible like reeds'.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is shroomism in jail? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3268490 - 10/23/04 06:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The Chinese government is not a result of passive philosophy as the Tao is not passive. Their government is what happens when such modes of thought are rejected. If you feel that the Tao means to be passive and accept what comes you are wrong. It advocates following the laws of nature and spirit in such a way as to take advantage of them, to go with the flow of nature instead of fighting it. The Chinese people's acceptance of their government shows disregard for this philosophy which is the philosophy of freedom. This disregard is bred from years of fear.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology