Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshadow69playa
$h?0om3?y C?34t0?

weight loss? grams?
    #3260707 - 10/21/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ok well i picked fresh shrooms monday and weighted out 20 grams. today i went to check it and it weights 16.6g

i was planning on doing them tommorw sooo.

do i go by the weight i originally weighed it at? or the new total?

i only wanted to do 20 grams or around a high level 3 for my 1st time ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
Re: weight loss? grams? [Re: shadow69playa]
    #3260733 - 10/21/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So you're leaving them fresh? How are you storing them? You said you picked them Monday, so naturally they're going to dry a little. You might as well just go ahead and fan dry them so you can measure out 3 or 3.5 grams dry.

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

#3260737 - 10/21/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shadow69playa said:
ok well i picked fresh shrooms monday and weighted out 20 grams. today i went to check it and it weights 16.6g

i was planning on doing them tommorw sooo.

do i go by the weight i originally weighed it at? or the new total?

i only wanted to do 20 grams or around a high level 3 for my 1st time ?

From what I understand 20g's will dry to about 2-3g's of shrooms. Based off that I think you'll have a decent trip but nothing mind boggling.

--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
    #3260749 - 10/21/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

20 grams fresh is about 2 grams dry so if you eat them now thats what you should have maybe a leval 2 trip.

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

Offlineshadow69playa
$h?0om3?y C?34t0?

Re: weight loss? grams? [Re: Tripster]
    #3260764 - 10/21/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i put them in a paper bag, i was wanting them fresh because i dont want them to lose any potency.

my question was still not answered.................

is this a good way to dry.. put them on a paperplate on top of some napkins.. and put a 1 of those portable fans in front of it?

it has a heat setting and uses fans. if that helps?
or i can use jus a normal fan on it.

OfflineTripster
200+ trips wise

#3260787 - 10/21/04 03:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shadow69playa said:

my question was still not answered.................

Neither, judge by dry weight IMO.

--------------------
You've raped! I feel dirty
It hurt! As a child
Tied down! That's a good boy
And fucked! Your own child
I scream! No one hears me
It hurt! I'm not a liar
My God! Saw you watching
Mommy why?! Your own child -Korn

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

Re: weight loss? grams? [Re: Tripster]
    #3261210 - 10/21/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

if your gonna use then soon(4-5 days), dont worry just keep them in a PAPER bag somwhere cool, you can just lay them infront of a fan and ten hours or so later youll be surprised how dry they get. this is NOT dry enough to store though. the probelm with comparing weight when they are dry is that you cant tell how dry they are eg 10% or 20% water looks much the same so the weight cant be correctly measured. so either measure weight when fresh and wet and divide by ten ti get dry weight this is easiest because everyone has then wet but not neccesarily 100% dry.
its easy to get them 100%(of course its not 100%) dry.
leave them under fan untill they are as dry as they are gonig to get - it helps to cut huge shrooms in half lenght wise.
get some silica gel(not silicone). they loook ike little glass beads about the size of a matchhead. they are in those little packets that come in pill bottles or in computer parts bags to keep stuff dry.
you may find it at chemists. youl need about a cup or 2. its cool thing to buy because its reusable. they normally have some indicator beads(1 in 20 or so) in there which are just silica beads that are blue when dry and pink when wet, quite cool!
if your indic beads are blue the just dump silica into a icecream tub put a papertowel over them and curve edges up to stop mush dust from falling in to silica(ill explain). put fan dried(dont do this with fresh wet shrooms!!!!) mushrooms onto paper. close tub tightly, the smaller the tub the better - the less air present the less moisure in that air but not that important. depending on how much silica and how much mushrooms you have within a couple of days check and youll see tht th some beads have turned pink, check mussies by breaking one, if it SNAPS and you can hear it snap the its dry!, if you put too many shrooms in there or you have too little silica, just remove silica into a oven proof bowl and put in warm oven say 80C(not toohot or too long they CAN burn and then they dont work so well anymore) and soon beads will trun back to blue. now repeat above step. this is normaly not neccesary if you have enough beads, so youl use the redried beads for your next fan dried batch. etc etc. try not to get mushrooms bits and pieces and dust to fall into the bottom of the tub with the beads because it may catch on fire in the oven (maybe) just be carefull and this isnt a problem.

store dried shrooms( ilike to portion them in small plastic baggies) in small GLASS bottle with some dry bead in the bottom just like a tablespoon or 2 for a halfpintjar. dry shrooms keep well for a lonf time, optimaly you would flush and fill the jar with CO2 the they should keep pretty much for a year or longer.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3261417 - 10/21/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>do i go by the weight i originally weighed it at? or the new total?

In this case you go by the fresh wieght, which was 20 g, which is a good, not too strong dose to take.

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

#3261629 - 10/21/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shadow69playa said:i was wanting them fresh because i dont want them to lose any potency.

If you dry them correctly, they won't be any less potent than fresh.

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag