Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
Any tips for larger doses?
    #3252405 - 10/19/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would like to take a larger dose than I have but I am a bit scared.

I get scared at that feeling (you know the feeling) where you kind of just don't know whats going on and you get those thoughts like 'oh man i feel liek im dying' because it's so intense.

Any tips?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: Moxemerald]
    #3252414 - 10/19/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Shit man I got no tips for large doses... I had a horrible trip with a larger dose. I think I need some tips too.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3252425 - 10/19/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Better yet ... does anyone have tips for dealing with that feeling... where you don;t know whats going on and your mind is racing and your vision is fucked/tunneled...

its sort of the feeling of about to blackout if u knwo what i mean.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3252444 - 10/19/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Just about the only thing to do is surrender yourself to our friendly fungi ally. It means no harm, only warmth, compassion, and wisdom. Just let yourself go and realize that nothing bad will befall you.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: dblaney]
    #3252463 - 10/19/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I find it is best if you have a friend with you, tripping or not. My friend always trips with me, so we help each other out. Talk through it, thats what i do. Conversations are key.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: druqks46]
    #3252499 - 10/19/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Friends can be great to have around, but I find that when I am really in the grip of a high dose, there is *no way* I can carry out a conversation.

I agree with what another poster already said. If you take a high dose, be prepared to surrender.

OfflineGloryOfBlaze
Trance Addict ,In A PsychodelicState Of Mind!
 User Gallery

Loc: Mass a two shits
    #3252512 - 10/19/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Learn to trust yourself...With larger doses i fully believe it is easier to cope plus your mentallity wont let you really comprehend your thoughts you will be to self involved or just completely amused, look up at the sky, during the day clouds are cool at night take a trip into space the stars are amazing! But do not take more than you think you could handle, Relax, Remember reality is only a cruch for people who can't handle drugs! :smile:

--------------------
P.L.U.R
Lifes' merely a delusion, of an illusion in time,
Brought on by the fusion of the subconscious mind!

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: MOTH]
    #3252523 - 10/19/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lvl 5 you definatly will have to surrender. lvl 4 you can control. for the bad feeling aproach go into it in a good mood and be positive. to avoid too much research and weigh properly. and follow the advise of dblaney18

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #3252535 - 10/19/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think with anything more than 4 grams you need to be seated or laying down for the peak, to make anything good of it. That gives you oppurtunity to just concentrate and be ontop of whatever is going on, until you reach that point. I never have, so i can't say past that, i imagine just letting go, whatever that means at the time, would be the best idea.

And yeah, the friend thing helps about 10 fold.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineMylz

Loc: Ontario (Canada)
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: Hrethic]
    #3258407 - 10/20/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'd have to say trip alone, although it could be a bad idea for some people. Especially on higher doses, people have a tendency of unintentionally steering me towards a bad trip. The main problem, I think, is talking; too much thinking and attempt at comprehension to keep things flowing nicely. I prefer for the only person to be communicating with while tripping (unless over MSN or an online messenger for some reason), is myself. While tripping everything I say makes perfect sense and I don't have to worry about making sure my sentences are pieced together properly or anything.

--------------------
I'm an antidisestablishmentarianist, are you? :wink:

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: Mylz]
    #3258434 - 10/20/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i dont know if i would suggest being alone but maybe have a sitter that you trust who can help you out if you get into trouble. and dont be scared its fun.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3258487 - 10/20/04 10:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

two things, write things/people you want to remember and love on a piece of paper, that way if you start getting lost you can look at it and bring memories and figure that whatever happens you wont forget - and a trip sitter for high doses - not knowing if your dying or not is tough, but if your with someone you trust you can trust that if something really goes wrong with you they can help you, take care of you. Personally, wether large or small I find that all trips last the same amount of time, so I write the time at which i'll come home on my hand.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: Toricious]
    #3258513 - 10/20/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

trip ing high dose alone and with a friend are both rewarding experiences.

at first i say do what is comfortable, and then experiment.

as far as "the fear" towards the onset of a high dose trip, a warm shower is always something i find incredible, and being naked is cool too.

my favorite quote about high dose journeys is this

"music does not matter once state is achieved."
~james arthur

listen to the pros though, everything will be fine. the fungis is only warmth and compassion.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineExculpated
Stranger
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3259006 - 10/21/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Make yourself throw up if its out of control.

Trust me. Just throw up and you'll feel 100x better.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #3259447 - 10/21/04 05:02 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A lot of people that I know have a piece of paper with them that says "Im tripping, what you see is not real." It helps them when something bad is going on. The only problem with that is you have to put it in a place that you know you will look. Otherwise it is pointless.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Invisibletracing
Stranger

Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3259491 - 10/21/04 05:49 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What would really suck is if your having the best time ever and you suddenly pass the sign you wrote "Im tripping, what you see is not real." and it all vanishes :what:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: tracing]
    #3259510 - 10/21/04 06:15 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

paraphrase from a Mckenna lecture I listened to recently:

terror can happen on mushrooms trips.  But terror is a chemically-induced feeling, and your brain quickly metabolizes these fear chemicals.  When terror happens, know that its not going to last.  Don't clench up into the fetal position, rather, sit up strait, open your air passage. 

also... sing! you can drive the trip through acoustics.  he recommends row row row your boat. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: tracing]
    #3259536 - 10/21/04 06:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I know a couple people that write that on paper too.

I have never done it though myself. I seem to be able to keep my mind under control even in high dose situations. The thing I think people should know is that the feeling you get before ego-loss, the one that's commonly refered to as the brink of sanity (etc.) never really goes away, you just get a little more comfortable knowing that it's going to be ok, you're not dying, and you will be back sometime.

I usually carry a picture of my friend who was killed in a car accident when I trip, and have had a lot of experiences where I could feel his presence when I looked at the picture. It immediately pulls me out of thought of anything and focuses me on the good times we shared in the past, or one time it brought me to thinking of decay and the beings around us that are ethereal. (I don't even believe in ghosts or any of that outside of tripping, so it was weird.)

Just my two cents,
- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: Silven]
    #3259722 - 10/21/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've just recovered from a high dose bad trip....Its a horrible place, so don't go high dose if your in any doubt. It was suggested to me by someone here that carrying a stash of bezodiazipines is useful for high dose trips. You may never need them, but if you do get in a mess, you have the option of turning the volume down a little. Its something I will definately do next time.

Good luck and happy tripping! :projectile: :werd:

--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

OfflineUnderground_Shaman
Creator
Re: Any tips for larger doses? [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3260563 - 10/21/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This was in response to an email from a member, asking for advice on high dosages. I thought others might benefit from my experiences:

"I can only tell you my experience. I find that freshies are easier to dose for intense trips. Still, for myself, I have not exceeded doses of 10 dry grams. For me that is a full-blown experience. I encourage you to work up to doses of 10-15 grams in 1 gram increments, leaving at least a month (more like 2-3) between trips to fully absorb the lessons taught. If you are comfortable with 3.5g dry, I would start at 5g dry and work your way up.

On these high dose trips, set and setting are particularly important. You will be immoble during the peak, so plan on having a (physically and mentally) comfy place to lie down. I recommend a "trip sitter" for these high doses, preferably someone who has had high doses themselves, and has "trip sat" before. They should be sober as a judge. I prefer for them to be in the next room so that I am solitary, but they are only a call away. You may not be able to speak during the peak, so they should peek in on you every half hour or so. I prefer lights off, as the eyes are very sensitive. McKenna said: "five dry grams, alone, in total darkness." I do not listen to music during the peak, but find it soothing on the way down.

Experience is the best teacher. Be respectful, meditate on a purpose for the voyage, and if things start to go bad remind yourself that it is just the influence of a drug in your system and that you will come down. These high dose trips are often considered "bad trips", because they are in control, with the ego fighting to reclaim that control. You will be slain by the power of the shroom. I learn more from these, as I am forced to ponder deeply repressed mental material. Embrace them, and learn. Run from them, and it will be hell.

Read "The Psychedelic Experience" by Dr. Leary, then read it again. I reread it every time I am preparing for a high dose trip. Learn to meditate, and then use those meditation techniques while tripping.
This single book has probably been the most informative regarding the ultimate purpose of a trip (to attain the "clear light of reality"), and the variety of mental images you will encounter."

Peace,
Shaman

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order