Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: 1stimer]
    #3263862 - 10/22/04 07:50 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

that's like getting pissed at a store owner for kicking out a customer who was wearing an anti-that-store tshirt. His place, his right. Wouldn't you?

or perhaps its like (a much more common stupitidy, frequently seen here) being surprised / getting pissed at the law/government when you get punished for knowingly doing something you KNOW you can be punished for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: Turd]
    #3263884 - 10/22/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

that's like getting pissed at a store owner for kicking out a customer who was wearing an anti-that-store tshirt

Do you realize what you are defending? They didnt have anti-bush shirts on. They had shirts that said "protect our civil liberties". How is that construed to be anti-bush? Blind faith in political parties makes idiots of people.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3263905 - 10/22/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Turd writes:

that's like getting pissed at a store owner for kicking out a customer who was wearing an anti-that-store tshirt. His place, his right. Wouldn't you?

Not the same thing. For one thing, if the T-shirts were exactly as described, they are not blatantly anti-anything.

If the women did nothing more than wear the T-shirts then the decision to expel them was a mistake. The women should be given a refund for their tickets.

pinky

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: Phred]
    #3263915 - 10/22/04 08:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Turd writes:

Not the same thing. For one thing, if the T-shirts were exactly as described, they are not blatantly anti-anything.

If the women did nothing more than wear the T-shirts then the decision to expel them was a mistake. The women should be given a refund for their tickets.

pinky

YAY, Rational thought.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: 1stimer]
    #3263943 - 10/22/04 08:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

*smiles*

I'm not defending bush, and I'm not saying I agree with what he did. I'm saying iit's his right to do that. Perhaps you're familiar with the quote "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it". Bush is within his rights to do what he did, and I don't think people who get kicked out of his rallies for doing things that aren't super pro-bush should be surprised. He's that kind of person. I'm not voting for bush. I'm not a republican, but I like how you jumped all over me... it really shows how you're not blindly following you political party.

Bush has a right to kick people out of his PRIVATE events. Anyone does. You should KNOW by now that Bush doesn't like it when people even hint at him being wrong. So, holy shit, big surprise, who didn't see this coming.

I think Bush is more "anti anything that isn't pro-bush" than he is anti-civil liberties. But he's also a bit anti civil liberties.

If you were to deny Bush the right to do what he did, you're being a blatant hypocrite.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#3264097 - 10/22/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Good point. The Dems at the DNC kept a tight rein on who they allowed into their event. Hell, they penned up all demonstrators in a freaking cage (euphemistically described as the "free speech area"). The RNC didn't even close any subway stations, and they had no cage. They did however, choose who they allowed into the event just as the Dems did.

You are correct it was the right of Bush's organizers to decide who could stay and who couldn't -- it was a private event after all. My point is that it was a bad move politically to remove those women if in fact all they did was to show up in T-shirts that were exactly as described. Unless there was some sort of dress code specified, of course. And in any case, if the women paid money for those tickets, my opinion is that they should have received refunds.

pinky

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: GFM]
    #3264394 - 10/22/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

that reminds me of the time I was having sex with laura bush
and george came home and I had to fight him so I put him in
a head lock and did a double suplex on his ass then finished
up with laura and shot castro and saved elian.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3264405 - 10/22/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It is my understanding that the "Free Speech Zone" during the DNC had more to do with Boston's ability to protect the area, than Pollitical motivation.

At least RNC NYC was a BIT more free... for protesters.

There were still about 2,000 frivolous arrests in NYC. Anybody know how many were arrested in Boson?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Women kicked out of Bush Rally for wearing a t-shirt [Re: Rose]
    #3264419 - 10/22/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Probably a lot less arrests in Boston than in New York, for the simple reason that anti-Dem demonstrators are a lot more civil than anti-Bush demonstrators. But I'll admit I'm just guessing. There may have been more arrested in Boston than in New York for all I know.

If there were 2000 frivolous arrests in New York, how many non-frivolous arrests were made?

pinky

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3264430 - 10/22/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Uhhhh... one. I admit, I'm biased against the NYPD wall of Blue. I do not like their crowd control techniques. I have demonstrated a few times before, and had run-ins with the Blue. They seemed to be looking to make something out of nothing on many occasions. My comment was more spite filled than literal. Although, many of the arrests during the RNC were silly, and many of the protestors were jailed for 3 days longer than necissary.

Why do you think the Anti-Bush protestors are sooooo serious?

Remember, Bush was innagurated during a LARGE protest (largest in history during an innauguration) I don't think it is just a Liberal thing. Often enough, Liberals can protest like civilized human beings.

The largest protest I ever attended was also the most preceful.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates