Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFloyder
Stranger
Yield?
    #3259045 - 10/21/04 03:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, this is my first grow, and was just curious as to what an average yield with the PF tek is? I inoculated 40 1/2 pint jars last night. The grow room is a constant 80 degrees, and I'll be using perlite humid. How much do you think I could expect with this? Will it be enough for a couple doses at least? I would like to get enough for a trip or two for me and a couple friends by xmas.  :cool:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleQbanMoJo
Mr. Brightside

Loc: OutSide
Re: Yield? [Re: Floyder]
    #3259053 - 10/21/04 03:03 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Sure, if everything goes good and no contam you'll get more than a couple of trips. There is no definite answer though, too many variables. Good Luck. :mushroom2:

Offlineshadow69playa
$h?0om3?y C?34t0?

Re: Yield? [Re: QbanMoJo]
    #3259205 - 10/21/04 04:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i can tell you this
im growin B+

1st cake i ever picked  - 21.3 grams
2nd cake -25.2 grams
3rd yet to pick
4th yet to pick

those are wet grams btw

so u have 40 1/2 pint cakes

X

22 (average)

880 wet grams total for all the cakes

X

average 3 flushes each
-----------------------------

2640 wet grams total for all ur cakes if all were dunked 3 times and grew.

now thats about 74 level 5 trips

now divided by 2 people

37 level 5 trips for u and ur frined :smile:

GOOD DAY MATE :smile:

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Yield? [Re: shadow69playa]
    #3259228 - 10/21/04 04:43 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

1-7 grams dried per cake per flush(more like 1-3 grams for first grow) and 1-10 flushes(more like 1-3 flushes) per cake.

Good luck.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

Re: Yield? [Re: shadow69playa]
    #3259251 - 10/21/04 04:57 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yields will diminish with each flush, but maybe not if you dunk.

youre one crazy dude 40! man youre gonna be trippin till the next century, since you have many you may as well case some of them, and its really simple, i never grew cakes i just moved straight to casing - make sense to me because mushroom plant grow underground so why would i try to grow it above ground, thats my gardening approach talking.

just buy a brick of cocopeat - it looks like a brick - nurseries or plant sections. just pour boiling water(a lot) over it and will will expand like mad, scrape what you need off (hands, utensils clean i always use a mask) with a knive, or just let it soak if youre gonna use it all. put a lid over it and let it cool. then just crumble a cake into a clean container. now grab a handfull of cocopeat squeeze some water out(back into coco pot), and then crumble it over your crumbled cake, presto your cased. humidity can be lower now because its high under the casing. just mist it once a day and fan out stale air, i normaly just use buckets nad cover the top with plastic. doing it this way you should get minimum 100g total wet per pint.

once youve got that down do this

just take some worm castings crumble finely and mix with either verm or coco peat in ratio 1:2. then mist untill nice and moist. put in plastic bag and close bag and nuke for about 3 min, bag will expand from steam - leave in mike till cool.
dump 1 cake in bottom of a new non-clear bucket, crumble with clean hands, now mix cake with your nuked mix 1:2. put plastic over top of bucket with elastic, keep in warm place, if heating do not allow bucket to rest directly on heat source, it should be warmed by air aroung it. 3 days later, take a piece of cocopeat brick pour some boiling water(plenty) over crumble and cover, when cool, grab a handfull squeeze water out and cruble into bucket to cover your crazy mix to about an inch, recover and mist X1 fan 2X daily, keep in warm place with some light, run like hell!!!!!!

OfflineFloyder
Stranger
Re: Yield? [Re: kbilly]
    #3260095 - 10/21/04 12:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Wow...lol that's a lot more shrooms than I was thinking. I was imagining I might get 20-30 dried grams if everything went well...this will be fun. =)

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3260120 - 10/21/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

40 jars for 20grams...  it might become reality if you can't find terrarium space for all those guys.  Real Estate in terrarium is highly prized commodity among my babies.  Probably for you, too. :wink:

Hope you enjoy your grow!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
    #3260123 - 10/21/04 12:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

40, 1/2 pt jars is a good number! Your first grow has some factors that many others on this forum don't have. Contamination. Everyone gets it, but it always seems that in your first grow... you learn a lot of lessons about contamination and being sterile. At least factor in that 0-8 of those might develop contamination of some sort.

The 28 grams or so picked by other members ^^^^^ dries out to be about 2.8 grams, give or take. Mushrooms usually by rule of thumb dry out to 10% of their orig. weight. If you have (rounding numbers here) 30 cakes that survive, and you don't case.... that's around 84 grams for your first flush. Each flush does diminish after the first usually, remember to dunk and roll.

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Yield? [Re: Sammy]
    #3260144 - 10/21/04 01:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If you haven't inoculated your jars yet, I'd probably give you this advice... prepare and knock up 10 jars at day 0. Then another 10 at day 3, then another 10 at day 6, then another at 14.

Here's the reason why. You learn something when you do your first set of jars thus 3 days. You'll get anxiety attacks and total motivation status when you see mycelium, thus day 6. You learn something when you see it colonize thus 14 days.

The staggered time line will also help you along with learning and mastering each step for fruiting as well. Also, for me, it was almost a chore babysitting 30 jars at a time.

But you are already committed. So, get ready! Have fun! You have no choice otherwise!

Sam

--------------------

OfflineFloyder
Stranger
Re: Yield? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3260222 - 10/21/04 01:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well technically I guess this is my second grow. My first one did well in the fact that there was no contams, but I used 1 pint jars and most of them stopped culturing after about a month. I'm casing a few of them...take a look at my casing photos thread and let me know how you think those are going. =) Thanks.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3260390 - 10/21/04 02:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

next time make 20 1 pint jars...way less work.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineShroomsbrrr
Frequent visitor
 User Gallery
Re: Yield? [Re: TODAY]
    #3260449 - 10/21/04 02:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If you case all those your gonna get a hell of a lot more then if you just use them as cakes.

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

Re: Yield? [Re: Shroomsbrrr]
    #3260936 - 10/21/04 05:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if your jars stop growing firstly crack them open slightly and turn them over so the co2 can run out. it is heavier than O2.
if ckaes dont fully colonize just brush off the uncolonized bits with clean hands, colonized pieces are normally help fast by the mycellium. so casing is ideal if you have no more space in your terraium as they can be done standalone in tubs buckets(both have some airpsace aboce casing layer so constant fanning isnt required - bacause im a lazy and cheap bastard) etc, even better if its in summer because then you dont need to heat the air around the buckets and your not constrained bu a warm chamber, which is why i only grow in summer.

Invisiblenoxy
Dr
 User Gallery

Loc: its more a time, not a pl...
    #3261049 - 10/21/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if ur doing PF tek stick to 1/2 pint jars the PF method is really
geard to 1/2 pint size with just enough nutrients to fully colonize before time to fruit

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

Loc: Doldrums & Faultlines
Re: Yield? [Re: noxy]
    #3261318 - 10/21/04 07:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

or you can just double the mixture ie.
2 1/2 cups verm
2 1/4 cups brf
120 cc of H2O
I've heard that this is just as good.

--------------------
Though you can't go back and make a new beginning. You can start today to make a new end.

Traveller, there is no path, paths are made by walking

If Jesus was jewish...Why does he have a mexican name??

OfflineFloyder
Stranger
Re: Yield? [Re: oddiseus]
    #3268479 - 10/23/04 06:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

How much does casing increase yield usually?

Invisiblemadsickpenguin
    #3268630 - 10/23/04 06:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

kbilly - do you seterilize the cocopeat before placing it over the crumbled cakes? If so, what method do you use?

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Yield? [Re: madsickpenguin]
    #3268647 - 10/23/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yeah they should give like 2-3 grams a cake i would think i only used pints and only cased and would average an 1/8 a pint but its been awhile since i culted

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinekbilly
earthwalker

Re: Yield? [Re: madsickpenguin]
    #3269402 - 10/23/04 11:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

no i just pour boiling water(lots) over the dry cocopeat, cover the pot and when its cold i just grab a handfull squeeze out any extra water and then crumble, clean hands, clean equipment tubs etc and a mask because were filthy. its very cool stuff very contam resistant.

you can also use it as a substrate, just soak it in dung juice or worm juice (castings mixed with water and strained) microwave in a closed plastic bag for 3 min and let cool inside mike. then mix with crumbled cake, cover and case 2 days later with cocopeat.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation