Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
the comedown
    #3258756 - 10/21/04 01:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Im curious, does anyone else get neck and upper back pain when coming off shrooms. I suffer from mild migraines anyway and almost every trip leaves me with a killer headache. The more i take the worse the pain. It wont stop me from tripping, but its quite the annoyance.  :confused:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: the comedown [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3258764 - 10/21/04 01:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I know what you mean I get the same thing. It's probably just from all the tension you build up in your muscles without realizing it during the trip. Things can get so intense that you forget to relax. All you can really do is just try to stay loose during the trip, and maybe have a muscle relaxer handy for the comedown.

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the comedown [Re: Hendostan]
    #3258783 - 10/21/04 01:30 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i take skalaxin for my migraines, but its more like asprin than a muscle relaxer. ill try it next time tho. hopefully this weekend. :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3259060 - 10/21/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Coming down, I feel relaxed, and pretty much at peace. A wonderful time to smoke that sweet mary jane.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3259972 - 10/21/04 12:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The most I've gotten was slight shoulder tension from a mushroom trip.

I was diagnosed with cluster migraines when I turned 15, 6 years ago and recently began getting into mushrooms. When I take mushrooms I don't have migraines for weeks at a time. If I stray from mushrooms for more than a month I notice my headaches begin to come back.

Harvard is trying to do a study on this right now, the link between cluster migraines and an active chemical in mushrooms being able to abort whole cycles of migraines.

I don't know what is causing you to have them when coming down. I would suggest not taking your headache medicine for a week prior to a trip (if you can, I know how bad migraines can get) because my imitrex (I don't use any medication for it anymore at all, not even tylenol or excedrin) used to make it hard for me to trip, and when I did it was usually kind of scary in a way.. just a feeling that hung over the entire experience, do you feel anything like that?

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

OfflineBrilliantWhite
Educated WhiteMan
Male

Loc: A little to the left
Re: the comedown [Re: Silven]
    #3260050 - 10/21/04 12:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I always feel extremely relaxed and ready to go into hibernation.:drooling:
I yawn alot when I'm coming down.  :shrug:

--------------------
Who built the la-la-love?

listen to Portugal. The man

www.myspace.com/portugaltheman

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the comedown [Re: BrilliantWhite]
    #3260270 - 10/21/04 01:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well im very relaxed and quite calm on the comedown. But my sholders tence up like mad and the next day ill have a migraine that lasts for tw days then fades to a headache for almost a week. i havent tried my Zomig yet, just got diagnosed with migraines. Classic migraine, with aura. this was the first attack ive had in a while, just didnt feel like popping an ssri after the trip. Guess i should've, ive had a headache for the past week after the attack, my usual med arent doing shit, (skalaxin and mobic, was skalaxin and vioxx), oh well i'll know next time. I wish i had your migraines Silven, to not have an attack for  weeks by taking mushrooms, mmmmm, my kind of treatment. Thanks all. :thumbup: :stoned:

--------------------

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3260355 - 10/21/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ThirdEye wrote:
Quote:

I wish i had your migraines Silven, to not have an attack for weeks by taking mushrooms, mmmmm, my kind of treatment.

I can get migraines that last up to 72 hours, and when I was first diagnosed with them I had one so bad I had blacked out on my living room floor where my mother found me and rushed me to the hospital.  I was admitted for 2 days for observation, and had blacked out two more times in the two days of the hospital admittance.  It was horrible :frown:

Then finally after the 6 years of trying to deal with it, a friend told me about a group of people trying to treat cluster migraines with mushrooms, and it seemed to work when I tried it.  They only suggest 1 gram doses, but.. I'm a bit of a recreational user too, so I had to make mine 3 - 4 :wink:

Man, I'm only wishing you luck on figuring out how to nullify yours.  I wouldn't wish this kind of pain on anyone.  I almost laugh when I hear people say they have a headache, they have no idea of what kind of pain those of us who get migraines have to deal with.

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the comedown [Re: Silven]
    #3260373 - 10/21/04 02:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

>I almost laugh when I hear people say they have a headache, they have no idea of what kind of pain those of us who get migraines have to deal with.<
I second that man, but hey thanks for the info, i think ill tell my doc too see what he says. Who knows, but the worst one i had i blacked out in the middle of my french exam, it passed and i took the exam but that was 3 years ago, i finally went to the docs last month, lol, guess i have weak headaches or strong willpower. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3260442 - 10/21/04 02:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I had a migraine once. Very horrible thing indeed. Mine struck as I was walking home and I had to sit down. I felt really dizzy and sick and went to bed for the enxt few days.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: the comedown [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3260455 - 10/21/04 02:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Only thing I can ever do during a migraine is lay in my waterbed in the dark in complete silence, without moving, and that will get me by, but as soon as I move my head its over.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience