Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnonymousNewbie
Mad Scientist
Loc: England
Question for experienced case'ers - or somthing.
    #3258163 - 10/20/04 10:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry for the commanding title - just seeing if it would work... hahah

First question, - does the cool mist intake, that most recommend to cover with a hepa filter really need to be a hepa, could i just use some left over filter patches i have from jars instead? The cool mist is blowing into a 36' x 60' martha 24/7 - as well as an ultrasonic(no filter) running on a timer... Should i mix the water with a like 3% peroxide solution, i really don't want peroxide spraying in there all the time, but if it will do no harm i guess I'm down.

Second question, when I'm chopping my myc. fresh out of the fully colonized jars, will spraying oust or something in the air before i start affect anything, and using paper towels or plastic wrap to chop on. I just wanna know what kind precautions most of you use in your work area when chopping up your cakes in order to case them. and don't tell me to get a hood, cause (as Dave Chappell would say, "I'M BROKE NIGGA, I'M BROKE". Ive spent like 4 hundred american dollars from various online companies in the last week or so trying to replicate Magash's martha setup. Wonder what kinda yield ill get, I'm hoping for at least an h.p. dry i got 48 jars with 100g rye in each jar and knocked up by EQ., that I'm gonna case with 50/50 - think this is just wishfull thinking or accurate?

P.S. don't think I'm trying to get an h.p. cause i want to sell them, i just have to many of friends, and its legal here - i don't break any laws or condone it.

Edited by AnonymousNewbie (10/21/04 12:42 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Question for experienced case'ers - or somthing. [Re: AnonymousNewbie]
    #3263285 - 10/22/04 02:17 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

>does the cool mist intake, that most recommend to cover with a hepa filter really need to be a hepa
No,

>could i just use some left over filter patches i have from jars instead?
No, because they leave much too little air through. YOu can use a sponge like synthetic filter, similar to polyfill.

>The cool mist is blowing into a 36' x 60' martha 24/7 - as well as an ultrasonic(no filter)> running on a timer... Should i mix the water with a like 3% peroxide solution, i
>really don't want peroxide spraying in there all the time, but if it will do no harm i guess
>I'm down.

Yoiu can add 1-3 parts per hundred of the 3% peroxide with no problem.

>Second question, when I'm chopping my myc. fresh out of the fully colonized jars, will
>spraying oust or something in the air before i start affect anything, and using paper
>towels or plastic wrap to chop on. I just wanna know what kind precautions mo
>st of you use in your work area when chopping up your cakes in order to case them.

As clean a spossible, but it does not to have to be sterile.

> Wonder what kinda yield ill get, I'm hoping for at least an h.p. dry i got 48 jars with
>100g rye in each jar and knocked up by EQ., that I'm gonna case with 50/50 - think this
> is just wishfull thinking or accurate?

100 g rye can yield ~20 grams dry, so this can go into ~2 pounds dry.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, HEPA Filter, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation