Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesnoo
Stranger

Is this enough for me to trip (pics included)
    #3256945 - 10/20/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My friend just gave me these shrooms, he said he had about an 1/8 of an ounce, but it ended up being a little less than that. My hangman scale puts it at about 2.5 grams. I have taken shrooms twice before and didn't trip either time. But these shrooms appear to be much higher quality than the ones I've had before. The first time I think I made the mistake of eating too soon before ingesting the mushrooms, and the second time I think the dose was way too small.

How long should I fast before taking them? I typically don't eat breakfast, and eat a sandwich after I get off work around 2 pm. I'm thinking I'll probably eat only half a sandwich, or maybe just a salad and wait 4-6 hours after that before taking them. I am a big guy, about 6'3" 240 pounds, so this might also explain why I've never gotten the full effects.

Is there anything I can take with the mushrooms to help them kick in or to aid in absorption? Should I chop them up, or is chewing them up well sufficient?

I know that these have been sitting in his closet for a while, but his roommate took some of them recently, but he took closer to a 1/4.

Any ideas, suggestions etc are very much appreciated.

There is some blue/green-ish coloration on some parts of the stems (this has also been present on the shrooms both times I've taken them) is this normal? THere also seems to be some shiny gold/silver spots on some parts. Anything to be worried about?

and, yes, in the first picture that is a quarter in the middle, not a cap. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Is this enough for me to trip (pics included) [Re: snoo]
    #3257014 - 10/20/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The blue is the oxidation of psiloc(yb)in, nothing to worry about.

Gold/silver.. flecks of vermiculite, used in growing. Harmless.

Eat on an empty stomach, chew em up well or make tea for a quick onset. Have lots of pot handy in case you get disappointed. If they're good shrooms 2.5g should rub you right.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #3257019 - 10/20/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

the blue is perfectly normal, im not to sure about the shiney stuff but i think ive heard of it happening. as to will they make you trip depends on the strain. bu tmy guess is that you will feel something. but i have gotten shrooms that 4 grams didnt trip me ( i think it was bad drying techniques. but try it and see what happens

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Is this enough for me to trip (pics included) [Re: Adden]
    #3257023 - 10/20/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Those are some bomb shrooms.

You should see God tonight.

--------------------
Agent 727

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3257026 - 10/20/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Could be 2-2.5 grams. I'll say that it does look like a little less, but they also look like they could be fairly dense (dealer bought shrooms often are, from what I've seen)

The gold stuff is vermiculite, its what they were grown on. Its nothing to worry about, but don't eat the flakes (those few flakes wont hurt you, just completely pointless)

the blue bruising is normal.

You should definately be able to get at least a mild trip off these. Fasting a little that day might be a good idea. But then again, you are a big guy like you said. maybe not so much. I know I would probably get a trip.

Chewing them would help it kick in faster.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

Re: Is this enough for me to trip (pics included) [Re: MAGnum]
    #3257042 - 10/20/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Those are some bomb shrooms.

You should see God tonight.

hahaha I hope you are right. I will tell him you said hello.

Thanks to all who replied. Any other suggestion on getting the most out of this dose would be greatly appreciated.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3257055 - 10/20/04 04:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:lol: not on 2.5 grams you won't... though you should have an alright trip

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: Is this enough for me to trip (pics included) [Re: gdman]
    #3257065 - 10/20/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

as everyone said DONT EAT that day. if you can handle the taste keep them in your mouth for bout 10 minutes. if you dont like the taste crushem and mix with some cup o noodles or some OJ

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Edited by lemon_lw (10/20/04 04:32 PM)

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

Re: Is this enough for me to trip (pics included) [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3257078 - 10/20/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lemon_lw said:
as everyone said DONT EAT. if you can handle the taste keep them in your mouth for bout 10 minutes. if you dont like the taste crushem and mix with some cup o noodles or some OJ

The taste didn't bother me at all when I ate them the previous two times. What does holding them in your mouth do? Does it absorb through your tounge? or does it just help break them down before hitting the stomach?

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3257122 - 10/20/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The taste was good to me my first times but after a while, I would cringe at just the odor (which is very subtle).

I think those there shrooms will blow you out of the water.  Make sure you tell God that I'm still waiting for my wishes. :smile:

--------------------
Agent 727

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3257135 - 10/20/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ok when you hold something in your mouth it enters your system sublingualy(which means under the tounge). this is the fastest way to your blood stream outside of strait to the vein. i just got a little idea. i bet if you take them on a full stomach and do this you will get better results then just digesting them but still not better then on an empty stomach. you still have to eat them cause you wont get all the magical goodness out of them doing this.

--------------------

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

#3257157 - 10/20/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lemon_lw said:
ok when you hold something in your mouth it enters your system sublingualy(which means under the tounge). this is the fastest way to your blood stream outside of strait to the vein. i just got a little idea. i bet if you take them on a full stomach and do this you will get better results then just digesting them but still not better then on an empty stomach. you still have to eat them cause you wont get all the magical goodness out of them doing this.

ah, in that case I will definitely hold them under my tounge for as long as I can stand it. But I still plan on having not eaten for atleast 4 hours, and only a very light meal before that. But yes, I will still swallow them when I get tired of holding them in my mouth.

These do seem like very good shrooms, to my unexperienced ass atleast. They are very dense indeed.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
    #3257174 - 10/20/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've eaten less and tripped... Mildly.

I would say grind them into a powder and mix with a cup of fruit juice in a blender, drink on an empty stomach, and be sure to smoke some weed about 15-20 mins after you down em!

Let us know how it goes.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3257178 - 10/20/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it doesnt necessarily have to be under the tounge cause that could get annoying. i do it more like im dipping the whole mouth is pretty vasculer. under the tongue would be best though

--------------------

Edited by lemon_lw (10/20/04 04:52 PM)

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

#3257188 - 10/20/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Also... just for photo reference...

Thats two piles of 2g each, which made me and my gf trip very nicely. Probobly a level 2-3 trip if I remember right :wink:

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

Re: Is this enough for me to trip (pics included) [Re: vc77]
    #3257226 - 10/20/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

vc77 said:
Also... just for photo reference...

Thats two piles of 2g each, which made me and my gf trip very nicely. Probobly a level 2-3 trip if I remember right :wink:

haha awesome. Does juice actually help with absorption or help it kick in? I have heard the orange juice thing dismissed as a myth. Is there a certain kind of juice I should look for?

Also, I take opiods daily. Would there be any reason this might hinder my trip? I am dependent on them, so I wouldn't be able to work, and would overall feel like crap if I didn't take any that day.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

#3257238 - 10/20/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The juice just covers the taste pretty well. But now everytime I drink one of those snapples I think of shrooms, lol

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3257255 - 10/20/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

best thing to do is to grind up the shrooms in a coffie grinder and mix the powder with half abottle of snapple (or something similer) shake it up and drink it down.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Re: Is this enough for me to trip (pics included) [Re: gdman]
    #3257266 - 10/20/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

^Yup.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#3257278 - 10/20/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

especilly with doses 4 grams and up

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract