Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrBhang
jokkmokk

Loc: Fung Isle
A DMT tree in cold Norway?
    #3255297 - 10/20/04 08:40 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

After several rewarding experiences with DMT I want to try to grow a source for it @home. After some reading on erowid I found out that most pure DMT (with no 5-meo dmt) sources are trees. I live in a cold area of the world, Norway, and the winters can last for 2-3 months with snow and temps as low as -15 to 20 Celsius. Will a (ie) mimosa hostilis or any of the others survive cold winters? Can it be grown indoors? What will be my best bet here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: A DMT tree in cold Norway? [Re: DrBhang]
    #3255690 - 10/20/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

your best bet?
in your place i would grow psychotria spp indoors.
i don't think mimosa hostilis and not even it's subtropical cousin, mimosa scabrella could stand a norwegian winter...
blessings,

FH

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: A DMT tree in cold Norway? [Re: felixhigh]
    #3255731 - 10/20/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

what about Desmanthus illinoensis? you think that would last his winter? he could try to grow it in some kid of (large) container to make root harvest easier.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: A DMT tree in cold Norway? [Re: gdman]
    #3255872 - 10/20/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it is possible that D illinoiensis could survive a wickedly cold winter (the plant might need a big pile of mulch around it to protect the roots from freezing solid...) - the plants take 3 or more years for a decent amount of alkaloids to accumulate in the root (rootbark)...

you could try some of the quick-growing grasses (graminaceaea); some strains of Phalaris aquatica are supposed to have fairly decent levels of n,n-DMT... (& some have mostly 5meodmt, & some have crap...)(one sample of Phalaris grass was subjected to a 2-d TLC and at least 24 alkaloids were elucidated... including nasties like gramine... so many folks just avoid the grasses...)

~
so, what's the dealio with "haret hogurt" in scandinavia? supposedly smoking a bit of this plant (Hieraceum pilosella = "mouse-ear hawkweed") induces a pleasant state of enhanced awareness...
(i was gonna cop some, but about the time i got interested (from a mention of a danish-language book on herbal highs), the stuff in an regular herb vendor's catalog disappeared (at ~ $US 15/pound) & the herb showed up in a few specialty herb (ummm, potential herbal highs) catalogs at $15/gram... oh well... maybe i will try growing hawkweed successfully someday...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineDrBhang
jokkmokk

Loc: Fung Isle
Re: A DMT tree in cold Norway? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3259433 - 10/21/04 04:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the replies. I am reading about D. illinoiensis and psychotria now. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies