Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Bush and Kerry not eligible for the presidency
    #3255681 - 10/20/04 01:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Amendment XIV

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any state shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

I'd say that voting for the Patriot Act(along with countless other unconstitutional laws) counts as insurrection against the Constitution. Too bad the Constitution doesn't mean anything anymore.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Bush and Kerry not eligible for the presidency [Re: silversoul7]
    #3256330 - 10/20/04 03:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Congradulations! You've stopped being a tin-foil hat liberal and are now a tin-foil hat libertarian! Mommy is proud of you deary!

Your subjective opinion on the PATRIOT act isn't the word of god on the matter, but Kerrys actions were.

TAXATION IS THEFT.... sorry, just couldn't have a thread with your name without that phrase in it!

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Bush and Kerry not eligible for the presidency [Re: retread]
    #3256359 - 10/20/04 03:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, we broke away from the Brittish colonies for Taxation without Representation.

--------------------
Agent 727

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3256371 - 10/20/04 03:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The Constitution speaks for itself. It doesn't require my subjective opinion.

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3256573 - 10/20/04 04:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Show me where the Constitution says that the PATRIOT act is acting against the Constitution. Or for that matter where Kerry did it.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3256878 - 10/20/04 05:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Show me where the Constitution says that the PATRIOT act is acting against the Constitution. Or for that matter where Kerry did it.

I can show you the specific parts of the Constitution which are contradicted by the Patriot Act.

Quote:

Section 213 of the Patriot Act says:
Section 3103a of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) by inserting `(a) IN GENERAL- ' before `In addition'; and
(2) by adding at the end the following:
`(b) DELAY- With respect to the issuance of any warrant or court order under this section, or any other rule of law, to search for and seize any property or material that constitutes evidence of a criminal offense in violation of the laws of the United States, any notice required, or that may be required, to be given may be delayed if--

`(1) the court finds reasonable cause to believe that providing immediate notification of the execution of the warrant may have an adverse result (as defined in section 2705);
`(2) the warrant prohibits the seizure of any tangible property, any wire or electronic communication (as defined in section 2510), or, except as expressly provided in chapter 121, any stored wire or electronic information, except where the court finds reasonable necessity for the seizure; and
`(3) the warrant provides for the giving of such notice within a reasonable period of its execution, which period may thereafter be extended by the court for good cause shown.'.

Quote:

Amendment IV of the Constitution says:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Quote:

Section 412 of the Patriot Act says:
(a) IN GENERAL- The Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq.) is amended by inserting after section 236 the following:

`MANDATORY DETENTION OF SUSPECTED TERRORISTS; HABEAS CORPUS; JUDICIAL REVIEW
`SEC. 236A. (a) DETENTION OF TERRORIST ALIENS-

`(1) CUSTODY- The Attorney General shall take into custody any alien who is certified under paragraph (3).
`(2) RELEASE- Except as provided in paragraphs (5) and (6), the Attorney General shall maintain custody of such an alien until the alien is removed from the United States. Except as provided in paragraph (6), such custody shall be maintained irrespective of any relief from removal for which the alien may be eligible, or any relief from removal granted the alien, until the Attorney General determines that the alien is no longer an alien who may be certified under paragraph (3). If the alien is finally determined not to be removable, detention pursuant to this subsection shall terminate.
`(3) CERTIFICATION- The Attorney General may certify an alien under this paragraph if the Attorney General has reasonable grounds to believe that the alien--
`(A) is described in section 212(a)(3)(A)(i), 212(a)(3)(A)(iii), 212(a)(3)(B), 237(a)(4)(A)(i), 237(a)(4)(A)(iii), or 237(a)(4)(B); or
`(B) is engaged in any other activity that endangers the national security of the United States.
`(4) NONDELEGATION- The Attorney General may delegate the authority provided under paragraph (3) only to the Deputy Attorney General. The Deputy Attorney General may not delegate such authority.
`(5) COMMENCEMENT OF PROCEEDINGS- The Attorney General shall place an alien detained under paragraph (1) in removal proceedings, or shall charge the alien with a criminal offense, not later than 7 days after the commencement of such detention. If the requirement of the preceding sentence is not satisfied, the Attorney General shall release the alien.
`(6) LIMITATION ON INDEFINITE DETENTION- An alien detained solely under paragraph (1) who has not been removed under section 241(a)(1)(A), and whose removal is unlikely in the reasonably foreseeable future, may be detained for additional periods of up to six months only if the release of the alien will threaten the national security of the United States or the safety of the community or any person.
`(7) REVIEW OF CERTIFICATION- The Attorney General shall review the certification made under paragraph (3) every 6 months. If the Attorney General determines, in the Attorney General's discretion, that the certification should be revoked, the alien may be released on such conditions as the Attorney General deems appropriate, unless such release is otherwise prohibited by law. The alien may request each 6 months in writing that the Attorney General reconsider the certification and may submit documents or other evidence in support of that request.

Quote:

Amendment VI of the Constitution says:
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Just a few examples. I know you won't get it anyway, so I won't even bother explaining to you the contradictions there. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to explain it to you. I've wasted enough time explaining the obvious to you.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3257688 - 10/20/04 08:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

I'd say that voting for the Patriot Act(along with countless other unconstitutional laws) counts as insurrection against the Constitution.  Too bad the Constitution doesn't mean anything anymore.

Sure it does. It's a "living" document. :smirk:

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush and Kerry not eligible for the presidency [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3257707 - 10/20/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:

I'd say that voting for the Patriot Act(along with countless other unconstitutional laws) counts as insurrection against the Constitution.  Too bad the Constitution doesn't mean anything anymore.

Sure it does. It's a "living" document. :smirk:

At least according to government-hired propagandists...er, I mean teachers.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3258018 - 10/20/04 10:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Whoa, hole up. Let's get back to the part about Bush and Kerry not being eligible for the Presidency.

What's up with that?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush and Kerry not eligible for the presidency [Re: Learyfan]
    #3258122 - 10/20/04 10:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Whoa, hole up. Let's get back to the part about Bush and Kerry not being eligible for the Presidency.

What's up with that?

Read the first post in this thread, particularly the part in bold print.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3258152 - 10/20/04 10:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I did. I asking why that doesn't make a difference. It seems pretty cut and dry.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush and Kerry not eligible for the presidency [Re: Learyfan]
    #3258183 - 10/20/04 11:05 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I did. I asking why that doesn't make a difference. It seems pretty cut and dry.

Because public schools have convince most of the nation that the Constitution is a "living, breathing document," which basically means that it means whatever the government wants it to mean.

--------------------

Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
    #3259522 - 10/21/04 08:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Then what is the Constitution? An unchanging, infallible document?

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Bush and Kerry not eligible for the presidency [Re: cb9fl]
    #3259525 - 10/21/04 08:30 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:

No. It may be changed by amending it. Not by reinterpreting it to mean whatever you want it to mean.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #3259542 - 10/21/04 08:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

cb9fl said:

No.  It may be changed by amending it.  Not by reinterpreting it to mean whatever you want it to mean.

:thumbup:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3260558 - 10/21/04 03:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

IF you are so pro-original-Constutition, why don't we put the niggers back in the fields? Obviously it was written for the progeny of the all-white signatory...

Anonymous

#3260566 - 10/21/04 03:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

IF you are so pro-original-Constutition, why don't we put the niggers back in the fields?

he never said he was for the original constitution. he was pretty clear about his meaning, "It may be changed by amending it. Not by reinterpreting it to mean whatever you want it to mean."

Amendment XIII

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3260615 - 10/21/04 04:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Just so I am on the record.

Nigger, is not a term that I like thrown around in here.

I know, others in here look the other way.

I don't.

Nigger, in the context you used it, is hateful.

Hate is not allowed here, at The Shroomery. I know you've seen the Terms of Service.

Please, don't test me on this.

You know where I stand, and I have come to your defense before... when you used similar tactics (but the circumstances were different).

Other mods may disagree with my racism stance, I know they have in the past... that does not change the TOS.

Thanks,
Cervantes

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Bush and Kerry not eligible for the presidency [Re: ]
    #3260681 - 10/21/04 04:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That still doesn't mean that constutitional rights apply to property (since that is what negros were during the time it was written) nor does it address teh fact that the constitution was written for the "Progeny" of the all-white signatory.

Anonymous

#3260704 - 10/21/04 04:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

what are you trying to say?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion