Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Worst Smell Ever [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3253601 - 10/19/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ayrios: I boiled them for about an hour and a half.
Scatmanrav: I made sure the needle was red hot and I wiped it down with alcohol to cool it off. Since I think I did everything to the best of my abilities, I will definitely spend the extra money (what, about 25 bucks or so?) and buy a PC for next time (which should be in about a week or so.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Worst Smell Ever [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3254047 - 10/19/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

And by boil you mean you boiled water in a pot with the lid mostly on to steam them?

There's no way that would lead to all 12 PF jars contaminating... Maybe 2 or 3, but not 12. As I mentioned earlier, I've steamed PF jars before with great success. Out of 36 I had 2 or 3 contam.

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Worst Smell Ever [Re: Ayrios]
    #3254163 - 10/19/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you guys are also forgetting that the syringe itself could have been contaminated.

just my $.02

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Worst Smell Ever [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3254280 - 10/19/04 11:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, by boiling I did exactly that--let them steam. And all 10 jars smelled vile. I hope the syringe wasn't contamined; I got it from a Shroomery Sponsor (Spores 101) and I have 2 other syringes from them on the way.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Worst Smell Ever [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3254811 - 10/20/04 01:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I mentioned the syringe being a possible source of the contams.

Contamed syringes happen. They make hundreds..every now and then you get them. 1 out of the first 4 syringes I ordered was contamed. The difference with using a sponser is they'll replace it if you get the same results over and over again (results being contams) leading it to be the syringe as the culprit. It certainly sounds quite possible in this case. I would still need to see some PCed jars come up with it to fully convince me personally..though they say boilings enough with PF jars and many do it, its possible you just had some really bad BRF. Or maybe if you made it yourself from ground rice, stuff like that would make it need to be PCed.

Either way, chances are these syringes will be fine.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Worst Smell Ever [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3254921 - 10/20/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I heard sponsors talking about each other as everyone is good with replacement syringes. They all have a representative on the forum, so you can ask them directly via PM. Check the sponsor section.

I use coffee grinder and whole brown rice as described in Tek. Can't compare the results for you, but I can tell you that none of the jars I steamed had any contamination. I've got a PC recently and whole heartly agree, it'd be better to use PC.

Anyways, goodluck.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Worst Smell Ever [Re: Sam1912]
    #3255109 - 10/20/04 06:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

OK. I'm gonna get a PC--whether that's the culprit or not, it's better to have one anyway. And if I ever decide I want to work with grain, I'll need it anyway. And as far as BRF is concerned, I got mine from Mycosupply (along with my verm).

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag