Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnonymousNewbie
Mad Scientist
Loc: England
On a budget. Trying to strech spore supply. (Question)
    #3253949 - 10/19/04 10:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

My friend can only afford 4 spore syringes, with 12cc in each. Will he be able to innoc. 48 pint rye jars, using only 1cc per 100 grams(dry) rye in each jar. What problems may he run into, and what could he do to correct possible slow growth, or any unforseen what not that comes to mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: On a budget. Trying to strech spore supply. (Question) [Re: AnonymousNewbie]
    #3253976 - 10/19/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1cc per grain jar has been enough in my experience. he can look into liquid culture and shooting some spore solution into some karo tek water or honey water. then later those mycelium chunks can be sucked back into a syringe and used to colonize a substrate.

here is the first link i found in google. I'm sure there's a couple articles here at the shroomery but this will work.

http://archives.thenook.org/3462.html

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: On a budget. Trying to strech spore supply. (Question) [Re: socratesmind]
    #3254149 - 10/19/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

1cc per jar is good (1/4cc per hole). Save the last 2cc to do Karo tek, now you want the myc to be shredded (broken up) as much as possible you don't even have to see it as the extremely fine strands will be very hard to see if done right. You can get a helleva lot of syringes out of a pint or half pint of Karo and this shit is "HOT!" as in super fast colonization times! :wink: Definitely worth learning IME! :wink: GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: On a budget. Trying to strech spore supply. (Question) [Re: hyphae]
    #3254194 - 10/19/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

if your really in a pinch you can inocc 1/4cc in 1 hole in the middle of jar...
kramer inoculated 22 jars of cambo with 6cc one time... took about 20 days to colonize though....
however that was verm/wbs...

with rye 1/4 cc per pint jar should be plenty:thumbup:
(sometimes it can be hard to push out less)

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: On a budget. Trying to strech spore supply. (Question) [Re: george castanza]
    #3254409 - 10/20/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

why not just get a print and some syringes. You get a lot of syringes per print. And both prints I got had 2 mushroom prints on each paper.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: On a budget. Trying to strech spore supply. (Question) [Re: Sam1912]
    #3254879 - 10/20/04 02:56 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Liquid cultures are the way to go. You can make 1000 jars with 1cc of spores squirted into 100ml of water with a tablespoon of light Karo from the grocery store (PCed first of course).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale