Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
crazy conspiracy theorists and joh titor
    #3254320 - 10/20/04 01:45 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

also one stupid psychic's website said the might be a revolution after the election.... now i know everyone in american is waaaay too lazy to revolt but lets just say its gonna happen...whose election do you think would spark the revolution?? would bush being re-elected be more likely too enrage us sane people to the point of violence? ...or would kerry's election cause the far right nut jobs to flip out and become violent?
Whose election would enrage the public more??
You may choose only one
George W. Bush (rise of the sith)
John Kerry (a new hope)

Votes accepted from (10/20/04 01:45 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: crazy conspiracy theorists and joh titor [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3254362 - 10/20/04 01:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Niether, the Americans will realize that it's just as bad under Kerry as Bush if Kerry gets elected.

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: crazy conspiracy theorists and joh titor [Re: MAGnum]
    #3254522 - 10/20/04 02:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Niether, the Americans will realize that it's just as bad under Kerry as Bush if Kerry gets elected.

:thumbup:

and i dunno what would incite revolution. if i did, id be doing it.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3254527 - 10/20/04 02:36 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

If Bush was going to cause people to revolt, it would've happened already.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3254533 - 10/20/04 02:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

funny you should mention revenge of the sith...i posted an earlier thread about the political allegories in star wars I and II..which went largely ignored...but its not difficult to guess what happens in episode III..and if the pattern from I and II holds..it will simultaneously play out in R/T...darth vader is the prototypical irving kristol neocon...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: crazy conspiracy theorists and joh titor [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3255429 - 10/20/04 11:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Based on a quick rationalization, I'd say Kerry wiining the election would most easily set off a revolt. My reasoning is that if the neocons are as bad as some say, then a Kerry election could start an overt grab for absolute power and the imposition of a police type state.

Something like...Kerry wins election...shortly afterward there is another mega-terrorist attack...Bush Corporation postpones indeffinitely the hand off of power to Kerry because of the emergency condition...It gets all complicated (like the 2000 election) and people on the right won't have a problem with it, but the people on the left will start getting pissed...

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: crazy conspiracy theorists and joh titor [Re: MAGnum]
    #3255477 - 10/20/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I've heard this a lot, and I can't accept it. Bush's foreign policy is a joke. Another 4 years of Bush and the rest of the US allies will be alienated. Apart from Israel. Kerry can rebuild alliances. Bush can't, and doesn't want to anyway.

On the environment, a dead budgie would have been far better than Bush. This isn't exaggeration, Bush has had a hugely negative impact on the environment.

I don't really pay attention to US domestic issues, because they don't affect me, but in those two areas Kerry would be greatly different to Bush.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: crazy conspiracy theorists and joh titor [Re: deafpanda]
    #3255559 - 10/20/04 12:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deafpanda said:
Quote:

I've heard this a lot, and I can't accept it. Bush's foreign policy is a joke. Another 4 years of Bush and the rest of the US allies will be alienated. Apart from Israel. Kerry can rebuild alliances. Bush can't, and doesn't want to anyway.

There are already other countries endorsing Bush's re-election, so obviously there are some he hasn't alienated. Or maybe it's simply the fact that Kerry has alienated many of these countries by calling them a "Coalition of the Bribed," or by calling Iraq's leader a puppet. Now, even if both these allegations are true, don't you think these leaders might feel a little insulted by this? I mean, who the hell does he think he'll be dealing with as president? It's one thing if you or I level these charges against these leaders, but someone running for the highest office in the land needs to be a little more diplomatic, don't you think?

Quote:

On the environment, a dead budgie would have been far better than Bush. This isn't exaggeration, Bush has had a hugely negative impact on the environment.

And Kerry's plan to save the environment(more government) will have a hugely negative impact on the economy.

Quote:

I don't really pay attention to US domestic issues, because they don't affect me, but in those two areas Kerry would be greatly different to Bush.

One thing I noticed about Kerry throughout his campaign is that he has levelled very little criticism against the Bush administrations attacks on civil liberties(which is my biggest complaint against Bush). The reason is probably because Kerry supports policies to further restrict civil liberties in this country. He has said he would follow all the recommendations of the 9/11 commission, which means further government intrusion into our lives.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #3255563 - 10/20/04 12:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

neither. as worked up as everyone gets about politics on message boards and in discussions, the bottomline is: LIFE ISNT THAT BAD IN THE USA!

yeesh, people risk life and limb trying to get in here. people who complain so much should try living in a developing country and realize that we have it pretty fucking good here.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: crazy conspiracy theorists and joh titor [Re: Tao]
    #3255576 - 10/20/04 12:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

edit: replying to SS7

Quote:

There are already other countries endorsing Bush's re-election

you gotta be kidding. what is it, the phillipines, poland and one other? sorry but international preference of bush is not even a point of discussion.

Quote:

And Kerry's plan to save the environment(more government) will have a hugely negative impact on the economy.

thats what people predicted about the clean air and water act. they were wrong.

Quote:

The reason is probably because Kerry supports policies to further restrict civil liberties in this country.

no, he has openly said he believes the PATRIOT act should be allowed to sunset.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3255638 - 10/20/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:
Quote:

There are already other countries endorsing Bush's re-election

you gotta be kidding. what is it, the phillipines, poland and one other? sorry but international preference of bush is not even a point of discussion.

Russia and Iran. Ya, I know they have dismal human rights records, but the point is that Kerry does not enjoy the universal world support that his backers would like you to believe.

Quote:

Quote:

thats what people predicted about the clean air and water act. they were wrong.

I would love it if Kerry could prove me wrong in this case. I doubt he will.

Quote:

Quote:

The reason is probably because Kerry supports policies to further restrict civil liberties in this country.

no, he has openly said he believes the PATRIOT act should be allowed to sunset.

While supporting all the recommendations of the 9/11 commission, some of which are even more intrusive than the Patriot Act, which indicates to me that he is only denouncing the Patriot Act now because it is politically expedient for him to do so.

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: crazy conspiracy theorists and joh titor [Re: silversoul7]
    #3255682 - 10/20/04 01:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

There are already other countries endorsing Bush's re-election, so obviously there are some he hasn't alienated. Or maybe it's simply the fact that Kerry has alienated many of these countries by calling them a "Coalition of the Bribed," or by calling Iraq's leader a puppet. Now, even if both these allegations are true, don't you think these leaders might feel a little insulted by this?

The other countries I've heard of are Iran, Nigeria and Russia, there are probably others too, but this isn't a very impressive list. Iran's endorsement must be either some kind of weird ploy to help Kerry or some attempt at being sycophantic. Nigeria backs Bush just because it's a country full of evangelists, and why Putin backs Bush I don't know. The point is that allies the US needs and is capable of maintaining with Kerry as president are its European ones. Bush has alienated these. He has alienated the Brits, too, he just hasn't alienated Blair. Under a non-Blair government I'm sure we wouldn't be such a whore for Bush.

As for calling the alliance a "coalition of the bribed", I'm sure that most Brits would agree with that. Our leaders may be "offended", at least overtly, but the majority of the citizens of these countries wouldn't. Judging by the opinion polls.

No sane person doubts that Iraq's leader is a puppet. I doubt many would be offended by this. Either way, I'm sure that if Kerry gets into power everyone will bow down to the new leader of the most powerful country in the world and forget all of his misdemeanours.

Quote:

I mean, who the hell does he think he'll be dealing with as president? It's one thing if you or I level these charges against these leaders, but someone running for the highest office in the land needs to be a little more diplomatic, don't you think?

Well, the alliance that kicked out Saddam makes up a small proportion of the international community. The point is that leaders come and go, it's the opinion of the people that matters. Spain got a new government after the bombings, we may or may not kick out our Labour government next year, but Blair will almost certainly go (touch wood). As a collection of people, I don't think any of us bribed countries would be offended by Kerry. After all, we didn't want the war anyway.

Quote:

Maybe, maybe not. Helping the environment certainly doesn't have to be very expensive.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3255692 - 10/20/04 01:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deafpanda said:
Quote:

Maybe, maybe not. Helping the environment certainly doesn't have to be very expensive.

I agree, but I don't think Kerry would.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3255781 - 10/20/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the point is that Kerry does not enjoy the universal world support that his backers would like you to believe.

no one has said 'universal' world support, just *near* universal world support.

are russia and iran's support from the leaders or the people? the bbc poll i saw was philipines, poland 1 other i cant remember. nigeria maybe? some random country.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3255822 - 10/20/04 01:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The citizens of these countries aren't the ones he'd be dealing with as president. He'd have to deal with the leaders.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3255892 - 10/20/04 01:58 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

anyway, iran is probably just covering their ass so bush doesnt get pissed at them for supporting the other guy if he wins.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3255929 - 10/20/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:
anyway, iran is probably just covering their ass so bush doesnt get pissed at them for supporting the other guy if he wins.

Well then it sounds like they're fucked if Kerry wins.

--------------------

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#3256031 - 10/20/04 02:39 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

if i were iran, id be much more scared of bush right now than kerry. bush admin came up with the preemptive strike policy but with a left-wing admin in the whitehouse, and neo-cons out, that policy would not continue with anywhere near the vigor.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#3256232 - 10/20/04 03:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:
if i were iran, id be much more scared of bush right now than kerry. bush admin came up with the preemptive strike policy but with a left-wing admin in the whitehouse, and neo-cons out, that policy would not continue with anywhere near the vigor.

Kerry said in the debates that he absolutely agrees with pre-emptive strikes, so long as it passes the "world test"(I forget his exact term for it). Since we know that Iran is actively involved in pursuing nukes, I'd say they have plenty to fear from him, especially since Bush is currently pursuing a diplomatic strategy with them(it seems he doesn't like to wage wars with countries who are actual threats).

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion