Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek
    #3251798 - 10/19/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So, I've heard that you can grow liquid myc for innoculations in honey water by squirting a bit of spore solution in it.

Now, how much of this honey water would you have to drink to trip?

Would it be considered safe?

Add anything you think would be useful.  Don't just tell me it's stupid please, tell me why it's stupid if it actually is a dumb idea.

Thanks in advance :wink:
- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: Silven]
    #3251821 - 10/19/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It's stupid because when you inoculate a honey-water or karo (corn syrup)-water solution.. and mycellium starts growing.. the idea isn't to actually EAT it.  It's to grow live mycellium to start colonizing jars... so THEN you trip when the mushies grow.  Sorry to tell ya man, that won't do a thing.

Sammy :sorry: :goodluck:

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: Sammy]
    #3252528 - 10/19/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Liquid inoculant is not for consuming it is for inoculating jars/bags for extremely rapid growth. Now if you want you can grow some shrooms and place them in honey for a period of time as the honey will turn blue once this is done strain the shrooms out and what you have left is called "Blue Honey" two good teaspoons is the recommended first time dose.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: hyphae]
    #3252565 - 10/19/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

When I get my next set of spore syringes. (I ordered two: A GT and a Cambodian). Do you suggest I use the liquid honey/Karo technique for quick colonization? If so, what strand? It might be a good idea since my last batch failed due to bacterial contamination and doing the liquid tech. would ensure more solution to use incase this happens again.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3252667 - 10/19/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Liquid inoculant puts 2cc to damn good use! IMHE.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: hyphae]
    #3252869 - 10/19/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey guys cant you raise mycellium in liquid culture then extract the psilcybin?
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7997/pag/0
this tek shows how to extract it. It is a pain in the ass but definately shows us that there is more to liquid mediums then more shroomies. Just an observation

beejay

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: beejay]
    #3253038 - 10/19/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Using liquid cultures I've produced 10's of pounds of mushrooms over the last few months all starting from 4 10cc syringes (of different strains) and I still have half of 3 of them left (the other one was contamed when I got it and immediatly removed) and I won't need to touch spores for another month. I still havnt ever done a spore print or syringe..just liquid cultures and grain to grain transfers..if I knew about liquid cultures from the begining I'd still have 8cc's of all my syringes left :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3253197 - 10/19/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was just thinking about this, I just got 4 syringes and I've made a honey tek for each one. The mycelium has grown quite nicely, but how much time does this solution keep it's properties? wouldn't the myc die eventually? Should I put it on the fridge? thanks in advance my friends :smile:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3253241 - 10/19/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Keep it in the fridge and it should last for months. I've heard it loses its viability after 6 months even in the fridge. But figure 2 cc's per liquid culture, 10 cc syringe lasts 5 cultures, 2-3 months a culture and thats 10-15 months of growing before your 10cc syringe runs out. Hopefully in a year you can find time to make another print which is enough to make 10 more syringes (more if you really want) which is alot more liquid cultures. You really only NEED to take one print every couple years or so (a year the first time but that print will last you longer then your original syringe).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Maybe a dumb question - Honey water mycelium tek [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3254301 - 10/19/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

When I get my next set of spore syringes, (I ordered two: A GT and a Cambodian.) do you suggest I use the liquid honey/Karo technique for quick colonization? If so, what strand? Or should I just inoculate directly from the syringe, as per the tek. It might be a good idea do liquid tek since my last batch failed due to bacterial contamination and doing the liquid tek would ensure more solution to use incase this happens again.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3254829 - 10/20/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>When I get my next set of spore syringes, (I ordered two: A GT and a Cambodian.) do you suggest I use the liquid honey/Karo technique for quick colonization?

Yes. I have liquid cultures of both of those strains myself. Works just fine. Colonizes quarts in 8-10 days or so. Not to mention you can do 1000 jars with 2 cc's of spores by injecting fresk karo/honey water in before removing some (inject what you remove to replace it and the my will consume the new stuff).

>If so, what strand?

What strand? If you mean what strain, both of them. I dont get it..

>Or should I just inoculate directly from the syringe, as per the tek.

Yes you should do that.

>It might be a good idea do liquid tek since my last batch failed due to bacterial contamination and doing the liquid tek would ensure more solution to use incase this happens again.

True, but if the culture gets contamed..the whole cultures toast. But the good thing is it only takes 1-2ccs to make a culture. Then try it out and if its toast you can try again and you still have 4 more (or more if you use fewer spores) chances. If you even get one culture to succeed you can make 1000 jars and hopefully you can get a spore print off one shroom from all them jars :smile:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3254830 - 10/20/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>When I get my next set of spore syringes, (I ordered two: A GT and a Cambodian.) do you suggest I use the liquid honey/Karo technique for quick colonization?

Yes. I have liquid cultures of both of those strains myself. Works just fine. Colonizes quarts in 8-10 days or so. Not to mention you can do 1000 jars with 2 cc's of spores by injecting fresk karo/honey water in before removing some (inject what you remove to replace it and the my will consume the new stuff).

>If so, what strand?

Yes you should do that.

>It might be a good idea do liquid tek since my last batch failed due to bacterial contamination and doing the liquid tek would ensure more solution to use incase this happens again.

True, but if the culture gets contamed..the whole cultures toast. But the good thing is it only takes 1-2ccs to make a culture. Then try it out and if its toast you can try again and you still have 4 more (or more if you use fewer spores) chances. If you even get one culture to succeed you can make 1000 jars and hopefully you can get a spore print off one shroom from all them jars :smile:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3254833 - 10/20/04 02:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>If so, what strand?

Yes you should do that.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3254837 - 10/20/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>If so, what strand?

Yes you should do that.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3254841 - 10/20/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>If so, what strand?

Yes you should do that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag