Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
poppy tea experiences?
    #3254203 - 10/20/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

A friend of mine just got a bunch of poppy pods (30) Does anyone have any experience making tea, and have any general advice on how powerful it is? Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Buddha5254]
    #3254220 - 10/20/04 01:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Power depends on dose, and you can OD fairly easily, so be careful.

When i made mine, i boiled em for about 20 minutes, strained, and drank.
The good thing about tea is it's fairly easy to control your dose.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3254235 - 10/20/04 01:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

5 pods MAX... if they are large, start with 2-3... SIMMER, don't boil( keep it right below boiling temp)

add a little honey for taste

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3254564 - 10/20/04 02:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Used 7 medium pods. This made 3 tablespoons of ground powder. From what I've read this is not a big dose, it was quite effective though.

Water was brought to a boil, the heat turned off, and the powder dumped in. DEFINATELY did not boil the powder like Randolph Carter.

Kept stirring for a while, I forget how long, until it cooled a bit, no more steam, etc. maybe 10-15 minutes max. It never completely dissolves, but it begins to mix fairly well.

Poor through a straining cloth, squeeze the hell out of it, and discard that nasty pulpy stuff. And you're left with assy tasting tea. Screw lemon, unless you only use a little bit. Makes it more annoying to drink and doesn't help the taste much. A little bit of honey smoothened it out for me though.

Anyway, this worked incredibly well.

As far as choosing how many pods. Keep in mind the size, and source and all. If you have 30, randomly pick a certain amount. Or, better yet grind them all up into a homogenous powder. 3 table spoons of this powder did it for me. But use your brain and judge your own product for yourself. Better use to little than too much.

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3256456 - 10/20/04 04:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey thanks everybody! That helped a lot, so how long/intense were the effects. I smoked opium a long time ago (actually one time) and it wasnt too intense. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Thanks!

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
    #3256473 - 10/20/04 04:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well, takes about an hour to come on, aftwerwards I'd say a feeling of niceness throughout the body, will feel really high for an hour or two, but it will start to level off, you'll probably feel lazy and itchy for pretty much the rest of the day.  Expect a great night sleep and having a hard time getting out of bed in the morning.  Might also experience some stomach grumblings and cramps, but shouldn't last very long or bother you.  Might not take a dump for two days afterwards, so do your business before dosing.  I think that sums up the physiological effects, but I can't really detail a poppy high till you've done it, hope this helps :thumbup:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: biglo]
    #3256581 - 10/20/04 04:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

A really great way to make the tea is with an expresso maker. It takes about 5 minutes that way from start to finish. There should be no problem with boiling poppy pods. I've heard about people boiling it down to a paste before. An expresso maker exposes it to the least heat anyway. I used 3 tablespoons and it was too strong. I puked all night but other than being sick it was fine. Started off with euphoria but the nausea ruined it.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3257240 - 10/20/04 07:04 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

start off with a few (3-5 pods) and see what that does. if you feel that dose was comfortable then up to about 7-9 pods. 7-9 or 7-10 should be a pretty decent experience, unless your pods suck. it would be unwise to start with anything higher considering you don't know its potency. be careful to not go crazy with dosage...overdose can occur. whatever you do, save your seeds! plant in late winter/ early spring...to see what real poppy tea is all about. nothing's better than freshly cut pods...the flavor is incredible.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3258460 - 10/21/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

5:05

Spymoose1 and I imbibe 1.5 cups of 3 pod solution each

5:06

Spymoose1 adds more honey to compinsate for bitterness

5:07

honey makes little difference

5:09

I put on some music: band of bees, turning on the fan... woo its hot!

5:14

Im feeling a bit heavy.

5:20

Spymoose1 feels a bit S L O W.

5:24

Todcasil is salivating a lot... slight hesitation with movent/thought
reaction. yeeah

5:47

feel a bit out of sorts... (spymoose1) voice is scratchy (sign of opiate action!)

felt great all day... until about 10 o clock at night...

spymoose1 drank a beer at 11 long after effects were dwindled, felt urgently sick.

all in all a good experience.

(note at higher pod doses, some intestinal discomfort).

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3258474 - 10/21/04 12:06 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

BTW

i ground pods up in a coffee grinder and brought water to a boil.

when i took the water off the heat, is when i added pod powder, then it was steeped for the alloted time (10-15 minutes usually)

we then strain the liquid from the powder and drink up.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3258491 - 10/21/04 12:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

here is my favorite report (hehe, sorry for posting in your thread so much, but this was a funny one)

~

7 pods ground up with the rest of the minis (approx 41)

boiled down twice, into the liquid of one chalice.

10 mins eating i feel euphoria

30 mins into... pain killing action has begun...

40 ,oms/.... same as before

1 hr 10 mins... feeling awesome. hardcore opiate action...
fuzzy, buzzy, and in the womb... got a smile on my face...
cranky when disturbed, but all round in a great mood.

~

that was it. :p

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
    #3272975 - 10/24/04 10:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I just want to thank everyone for their advice, me and a couple of friends had a great experience today. I didnt think it would be so much of a commitment though. We drank the tea at about one o'clock, and now I feel like Im pretty much done (10:00). We had about 3 pods each and it was just right, not too much, not too little. Thanks again everyone!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3273084 - 10/24/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Glad to hear it. I'm not sure I will be doing this again any time soon, but I certainly had a great time as well.

OfflineKavatar
transparentsound machine

#3286934 - 10/27/04 11:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Haven't tried the pods, but I've tried just seeds.  If you go to an organic grocery store, they usually sell bulk poppy seeds.  As long as you make sure they are dull gray (which means they have the opiate powder on the outside) rather than black and shiny, you should be able to use a pound of seeds per person.  Just mix the seeds with water (comes out to be a LOT of seeds) and lemon juice, and gag it down.  The effects are nothing compared to opium, but I always get a really chill, mellow buzz :smirk:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Kavatar]
    #3287039 - 10/27/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A pound of seeds per person? dear god....

doesn't really sound worth it. From what I've read the seeds themselves aren't potent, but often have residue from the pods on them. If thats the case, with a pound you still might be able to get something.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineKavatar
transparentsound machine

#3287289 - 10/28/04 12:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Heh, forgot to add the straining bit. Yes, please DON'T eat an entire pound of poppy seeds. I just strain the liquid through a tee-shirt or something of the like, several times. It is still a bit of a hassle, but it can be worth it.

Offlineiamgod
just some dudesome where

Loc: Crooklyn, New York
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Kavatar]
    #3287370 - 10/28/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Why consume the seeds when all you really need to do is a cold water wash? Opiates are water soluble and you don't need hot water like with pods to get the good stuff out of vegetable matter.

Put the seeds you need into a large jug, pour cold water over em and swish it around. About 10 minutes later they will be settled to the bottom so just pour off the liquid, add some lemon and drink deeply.

I usually take the cup with just the seeds after and put em on a radiator or in the sun to dry and then throw em around wherever there isn't too much vegetation.

--------------------
If what you seek is truth then drugs can not offer truth. Drugs can offer the truth of drugs.......Altered states. Truth is not an altered state of mind. ~ Big Headed Nice Guy Who Loves You And Your Dog

http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: iamgod]
    #3287857 - 10/28/04 03:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i usually pour hot water over fine ground poppy dust and let steep under a cozy for 15 min to a half hour. ad honey and some lemon (the lemon before water and honey shortly after) then i drink it, if it tastes bad i add gatorade powder, it covers the taste well.

i then re steep the mush and drink a second cup to get the rest of the O. then i go out and smoke some weed and then have a cigar.

yes, thats how its done.  and then perhaps an hour later ill have more of the cigar. by this time im feeling quite relaxed, if i let go and unfocus my thoughts i drift away into a clearly blurred imaginarium of flowing experience
through new familiar living pictures.
sleep does not truly come, it sits boldy on the horizon exposing its wealth of secrets in the form of lucid dreams, i sit in a waking world, seeing the land of nod. and in this land i walk freely and wrapped in confidance, the world was made for me to explore, as thogh it was conceived of the future, as the future was conceived by logical conglomerate history, with wrinkles.
by now i begin to itch, but it doesn't matter, i can scratch with tamed distraction and wild abandon. and yawning, the key to fantasia, rushing the ooze of perceived endorphans, evry endopore on evry gland contracting in unison, a subtle, controllable orgasm.  and yet, am i even high?  i am totally in control of my mind, yet still amazed with the pictures it creates, im split between worlds, and gradually the land of nod fades into the vanishing point.  the subtle afterglow of still motion slips it away and a final trip to a cigar is in order, bedtime follows and the following day is chore like but still pleasently oozing in the shadows of my body. 

once i puked the following day, but that never happened again.  and it wasn't hard, it just sorta came up and then i was fine. no gut wrenching and no wasted product, just some pancakes almost a day later.

enjoying opium is almost a skill, once youve mastered it youre in for a surprise, that it has probably mastered you.
its a choice i reackon, i shall make none, my job is to shed light, not to master. :smile:

--------------------

Offlineiamgod
just some dudesome where

Loc: Crooklyn, New York
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3288227 - 10/28/04 07:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thats beautiful Mitchnast. It feels great to smoke anything on opiates.

--------------------
If what you seek is truth then drugs can not offer truth. Drugs can offer the truth of drugs.......Altered states. Truth is not an altered state of mind. ~ Big Headed Nice Guy Who Loves You And Your Dog

http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: poppy tea experiences? [Re: iamgod]
    #3289060 - 10/28/04 02:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that's a bang up description of your trip. You aught to think about doing writing. You might make a lot at it.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden