Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Loc: The womb of chaos.
Lets say without a doubt...
    #3254057 - 10/19/04 10:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Let us say that, without a doubt, I've obtained andn identified Psilocybe semilanceata. Even with the very purply brown spore print and a slight bluing in some of the stems particularly near the base or bottoms of the stems.

Here it goes and I need honest advice here.

Even though I know and am for sure of what they are, there is still the fact that I picked them from the wild. After becoming aware of the many dangers I have developed a sorta phobia of them. Is there any way to be able for me to take them and experience it without having a bad trip due to this?

--------------------

Awaken Within!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Lets say without a doubt... [Re: darkstar122982]
    #3254073 - 10/19/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Was just thinking about this. I don't live anywhere that you can pick these, but so often people eat shrooms that they KNOW what they are, or even if they grew them. A bad trip can involve being convinced that you put a horrible poision in you, even if while sober you know exactly what it is. Can't imagine how much worse it would be with the slightest worry of having picked the wrong thing.

Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Re: Lets say without a doubt... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3254097 - 10/19/04 11:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I know they must be the right kind. I've posted a few pics here and there. It's just the last time I experienced which wasn't too long ago. I felt just fine, even a little laughy for a little while. Than the visuals came, just the normal stuff really for not too much of a dose. I even I didn't feel sick, just was under the influence. The thought managed to enter my unpredictable thoughts at the time. Yet still I knew it wasn't possible. I know they weren't poisonous but it made for a mildly unpleasent first experience.

How do I conquer this fear?

--------------------

Awaken Within!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3254142 - 10/19/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think you're asking a really tough question. Have a friend with you whos not tripping that can inform you if you start to freak out. They can maybe recite very simple evidence to remind you that they're safe. (Things that wouldn't be enough to correctly identify them in the first place, but could calm one's nerves). Things like perhaps having a sporeprint handy, or some bruised blue shrooms they can keep pointing to with a friendly "See, they're blue, that means its safe"

Or perhaps write yourself a note ahead of time, about why they're safe.

I know this may sound silly, but its the best I can think of. When you're tripping you don't have your normal sense of trust and reality. People think they're dying all the time without any logical reason. The slightest thought that something could be wrong with a wild mushroom makes it even worse. Just keep those basic simple identification facts in mind and think them to yourself over and over again. And good luck.

Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Re: Lets say without a doubt... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3254173 - 10/19/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes indeed because it is so unreal. It's like the very walls to reality fall away and things and time seem to take on a very different form, or meaning, or something.

I wasn't able to recall in too much detail just exactly what I experienced but at the same time I remember. I plan to have a pen and paper ready next time to sort of document the experience. Hopefully.

Sorry for dragging on like that....

--------------------

Awaken Within!

OfflineSeril
Stranger

Loc: PNW
    #3254548 - 10/20/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

if you're not comfertable eating wild shrooms... don't. :/

i feel somewhat nervous also, espicially when giving wild shrooms i picked to friends. for these reasons, in the past, i have aquired my own safe cubensis.

cultivate...

--------------------
Seril,
Political language -true of all political parties- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give solidity to pure wind..

Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Re: Lets say without a doubt... [Re: Seril]
    #3254578 - 10/20/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I hear you. A very good way to enjoy an experience, knowing that you cultivated them.

Yet still I think I'm just gonna have to bear with it. I know it'll be ok, and wherever the experience, or "trip" takes me, I'll be ready. As best as possible.

--------------------

Awaken Within!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies