Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Northern California (Mendocino County) mushrooms
    #3253753 - 10/19/04 11:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My friend and I went out for a walk and found what I suspect to be two different species of mushrooms, I have been searching all around and can't seem to indentify them. I doubt they're psilocybin containing mushrooms but I'm curious wtf they are. I can't produce any pics at the moment but I'll do my best to describe them... It recently rained. The first mushrooms: Found them in a damp area containing grass, some roots and various plant compost. The largest one is about maybe 2 inches tall. They're very delicate and have a white/cream color. The cap has a slight point in the middle but the edges of the cap are slanted upwards, the gills are a white/cream to brown, but the brown could be on account of them being trampled. The second mushroom we found in a patch of grass next to a vineyard, the ground was pretty damp. It's a decent sized mushroom, probably 2 1/2 inches tall, with the cap being anywhere from 2-3 inches wide. The cap is white-ish/brown and basically flat, the gills are like a cinnamon brown color (looks kind of trippy) the stem is an off-color white/brownish. I know all this probably sounds like a foreign language and gives no indication of their species whatsoever. Hopefully with the knowledge of their origin (Northern California, Ukiah specifically, both were found on the outskirts of a vineyard) and my shitty description somebody can help? Thanks for the time.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOregonBluesGil
Forager/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County Flag
Re: Northern California (Mendocino County) mushrooms [Re: Herbus]
    #3255970 - 10/20/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Its not Cold enough in to fruit

--------------------
I'm in a Magical Mushroom land!

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Northern California (Mendocino County) mushrooms [Re: OregonBluesGil]
    #3256025 - 10/20/04 02:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Its not Cold enough in to fruit

Its been really cold here in the Central Valley the last week - it wil warm up til the weekend, but after that - its all downhilll, temp wise.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification