Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehonguito
Stranger
drug tests, need help
    #3253688 - 10/19/04 11:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

What up, my cousin just got positive on a drug test at university,he smoked pot on a weekend. Now they are threatening on kickin' him out (great help isn't it?, the drugs don't make you end up in the streets, university does).

This got me a bit concerned since I am in the same university with the same regulations, so I was wondering for how long can magic mushrooms be detected inside your system. In this case the kind of drug test they give us is urine test.

thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: drug tests, need help [Re: honguito]
    #3253837 - 10/20/04 12:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i do not think most drug tests will pick up something like that. from what an army recruter told me when failing my piss test, they can only detect a few things.. or rather willing to spend the money on a few things. opiates.. or heroine like things, meth type drugs, coke and such, and weed.. i think they can see things like opiate based downers, but am not too sure how wide spread it is.. liike if it could detect codine or something like that. i am sure they are focused on speed, heroine, coke, pot, things of that nature.. that is an opinion based on experience, not proven fact.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: drug tests, need help [Re: kontron]
    #3254022 - 10/20/04 12:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

As far as I know, the above post is accurate they CAN test you to see if you have eaten shrooms but the test costs more money, and I am pretty sure they can only be detected for up to 3-4 days after consumption at the most. I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno...
Re: drug tests, need help [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3256574 - 10/20/04 04:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

any form of standerdized drug tests test for opiates, ampetimines, and THC. They only test for other things if thats what you got busted with, i.e. mushies. It costs too much to test for every possible drug, so its the most common ones that they test for.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Edited by ThirdEyeOpening (10/20/04 04:52 PM)

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
Re: drug tests, need help [Re: honguito]
    #3256591 - 10/20/04 04:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Why would any university force you to take drug test? That sounds like a violation of privacy to me. Course, things are different here in Canada. I have seen this problem posted before, but could not get an answer as to why a post-secondary institution would force students to take drug tests. If they tried that here, there would be riots on campus.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

Offlinehonguito
Stranger
Re: drug tests, need help [Re: theknighterrant]
    #3262522 - 10/21/04 11:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well I live in Mexico, and people here is really conservative, the church really rules their lives and people are really afraid of being talked badly by society. So this creates a very narrow minded society my friend.

You are right, normally is not legal to do drug testing like this, not to mention that they actually tell your parents before telling you that you came out positive, even though you are in legal age!.
How they do it then?, well when you sign up for the university, the rules say that they can do drug testing and tell your parents etc, and if you want to get in you must agree and sign. This kind of contract can be applied to anything and be legal this way.

It sux

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience