Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
anyway to up my refresh rate?
    #3252801 - 10/19/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

so i got a 19" lcd and a nvida geforce fx 5200 (i know it sucks but i have pci atm and don't want to waste money on anything better till i get a new mb w/ agp) anyway the refresh rate is locked at 60hertz and the monitor supports up to 75 or 80 can't remember but as it is now it won't let me go that high, anyway to change that? i have the card oc'ed at 300/500 with no artifacts and games/movies/vis/3d everything is surprsingly good considering, no lag or anything but when i'm reading here or other sites with a lot of line of text you can tell it needs to be higher, kinda flickers as i scroll down fast ect. not a big problem just don't understand why it performs so good in 3d but stupid shit like text fucks up :frown:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: anyway to up my refresh rate? [Re: John]
    #3252985 - 10/19/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

display properties, settings, advanced, monitor, refresh setting. You can uncheck "Hide modes this monitor cannot display". That is the way it is in my computer.

Also you need to realize that refresh rates between a CRT and LCD are not the same. 60 hertz on a LCD is not equal to 60 hertz on a CRT.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
    #3253221 - 10/19/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah LCDs don't have a refresh rate in the typical sense. They're designed to work with a certain timing, so as long as you get a good picture at 60Hz it won't be improved by increasing your refresh rate. It will either a) be exactly the same or b) not be able to sync up and show nothing. If you want to improve your picture on an LCD look into color calibration.

Peace,

-Y

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: anyway to up my refresh rate? [Re: ]
    #3253497 - 10/19/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i tried to unclick the hide unsupported box :smirk:

the manual for the monitor says if you have this problem to up the refresh rate ??? i tried forced refresh or something like that (a prog i d/led) and changed the settings but they won't come up under monitor settings tab. i'll look into color cali, but i talked to a tech support guy yesterday about a compadability prob w/ the vcard (they don't have drivers for the monitor yet) and he also mentioned uping the refresh rate though :confused: (not to fix the vcard prob but just general advice)

picture quality isn't a prob it's with fast moving vertical lines (like when you use the scroll weel to read text), they kinda fade out til the screen slows down or stops.

--------------------

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #3253717 - 10/19/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

do you have the latest drivers?

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: anyway to up my refresh rate? [Re: daussaulit]
    #3255235 - 10/20/04 08:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

aww man not the most observasnt reader are you :tonuge:

tis okay i have my retard moments too (actually all the time)

but like i said the monitor company hasn't made drivers for the monitor yet, it's susposed to be plug and play if you menat for the vcard or anything else on my computer yeah i have the latest drivers for everything.

--------------------

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #3255340 - 10/20/04 08:59 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know much about LCD mons, I hate them.... but with CRT's, you cant hit the higher refresh rates on the higher resolutions (at 800x600 mine can have a refresh of like 5000, but at 1280x1024 it only goes to 85).... perhaps if you tried a lower res?

I think what you're seeing is just the short-comings of the current level of LCD technology. This is why CRT still pwns LCD.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: anyway to up my refresh rate? [Re: Turd]
    #3255444 - 10/20/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

> it's susposed to be plug and play

Without drivers, windows defautls to a generic plug and play driver with a 60Hz refresh... you won't be able to do better until you update with non-generic driver for your specific LCD display. I cannot remember for certain, but I think these files are simple text files under windows... if you have your timing diagrams for the display, you should be able to write your own pretty easily.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Re: anyway to up my refresh rate? [Re: Seuss]
    #3256411 - 10/20/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

just called the support line to ask if they were ever gonna put out drivers and the guy kept saying it's plug and play, then i told him about what you just informed me (windows default on p&p)of and i have read elsewhere and he said the monitor is plug and play, seriously some dumbasses, i asked if refresh rate was causing the problem or if it was color calibration and he said refresh rate, so i think it's not the refresh rate as that guy was a moron but i'm gonna rewrite the .inf file just for the hell of it and see if it works/helps

Quote:

I think what you're seeing is just the short-comings of the current level of LCD technology. This is why CRT still pwns LCD.

i used to think the samething til i got a lcd, it's much easier on the eyes and pictures, dvds and games look soo much smoother/cleaner, other than the small prob i'm having which is hardly a big deal.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale