Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblkhole
Comfortably Numb

Loc: Tinpan Alley
Cyanescens vs. Cubensis
    #3253172 - 10/19/04 08:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It seems to me that most people like cyanescens more than cubensis. Other than that I have no idea how cyans are different? What's the difference between them and are cyanescens and tougher to grow?

--------------------
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew...
-George Harrison R.I.P.

http://irevolution.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Cyanescens vs. Cubensis [Re: blkhole]
    #3253215 - 10/19/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

which cyanescens? there is a psilocybe cyanescens and a pann cyanescens (known as blue meanies)... I assume you mean p. cyans, most (like the vast majority) get them from the wild, they grow in the north west united states.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3253222 - 10/19/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

they are more potent than cubes too, but I have never tried them so I can't really tell you if there is a diffrence in the trip.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #3253233 - 10/19/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Cyans,azures,subaeruginosa etc are two to three times as potent as cubes and many people report a better quality trip with the stronger lignious mushrooms. Yes they are all harder to grow than cubes.

Personally i'd rather Trip on subs than cubes.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: Cyanescens vs. Cubensis [Re: gdman]
    #3253249 - 10/19/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i could not tell you. i have only used cubes myself.. all sorts though. it's hard to get spores and a grow set-up in cali.. so buying is a nice black market here. shrooms are rare right now.. but they all seem to be cubes... each explosion has it's own characteristics.. some more intense then others, some more creative and focused, others just an insane walk through 19 dimensions....
i have never tried anything else,( shroom wise) due to not being available.. but i can say this.. cubes have a whole shit load of diffirent kinds of trips. when it all comes down to it, we are just happy to get our hands, and minds on some shrooms in this area.

Offlineblkhole
Comfortably Numb

Loc: Tinpan Alley
Re: Cyanescens vs. Cubensis [Re: kontron]
    #3253309 - 10/19/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah thats how it's like out here, its extremely hard to get anything but weed. I've been thinking of starting a grow though and am trying to figure out what my best choice would be. Right now I'm leaning towards cambodian and golden teacher but I wanted to find out what cyanescens are like.

--------------------
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew...
-George Harrison R.I.P.

http://irevolution.org

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3253354 - 10/19/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Basically pan. cyanescens or ps. cyanescens are going to be 2-3 times as potent as ps. cubensis.

Pan. cyanescens are about the same growing parameters as cubes but you will need to use manure(cow poop). It's a must with this species.

Psilocybe Cyanescens are more difficult to grow, but not impossibe. You'll have to start them on grain and spawn to wood chips. They like wood. The growth parameters are different than cubes and they will take a longer time grow.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck