Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepetew28
Stranger
psilocybin from mycelium
    #3251633 - 10/19/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Want to know about getting psilocybin from mycelium without growing the mushrooms as growing is a serious problem for us. We have heard that you need to extract the psilocybin using a methanol extraction process. Again this is really difficult for us to acomplish.
Does anyone know if it is possible to skip this stage and simply take the dried mycelium to achieve the same results. Has anyone tried this or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: petew28]
    #3251671 - 10/19/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes you can do a extraction from the mycelium I have a book that tells you on how to do this in mass cuantity. Il have to look for it .Or you can go to amazon and look for it,it's called psilocyben mushroom or psilocyben extraction .Hope this helps,I will look for the book tho.

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3251742 - 10/19/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>Sorry forgot to add this to the last posting - is the mycelium grown on agar supposed to be
> pure white. Ours is more of a creamy browny beigey colour. Definitely no infection and it
>is growing fine and is nice and ropey so just wondering if that is ok. Thanks for any help.

It is VERY white usually.

Invisiblenotsloth
Stranger

Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: Anno]
    #3251896 - 10/19/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You might want to look into sclerotia too. There was a thread about "Philosophers Stones" pretty recently.

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: notsloth]
    #3251965 - 10/19/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: woodzmun]
    #3251971 - 10/19/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinepizzle3k
Midwest Mushin!
Male

Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: woodzmun]
    #3252666 - 10/19/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

the first link there seems extremely easy..i was wondering if anyone here has ever tried that TeK...and where would you find the acid crystal they talk about..they say it is Vitamin C, but where do you find 100% Vitamin C ???

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: pizzle3k]
    #3252963 - 10/19/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Why is growing out of the question? You know you can just fruit them in the jars sitting somewhere. Look up invitro growing..

Many people eat the BRF cakes when they're done fruiting and many make tea from mycelium covered substrate.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3252970 - 10/19/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

brf without the verm I hope, at least for eating. Tea gets strained anyway so I suppose that doesnt matter.

beejay

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: beejay]
    #3253065 - 10/19/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Some people eat it with the verm. Some use whole rice (has to be PCed) which makes it just like rice cakes (almost). Most of the civil people who use PF cakes make tea I believe so they don't eat the verm.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3255889 - 10/20/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The second link woodzmun posted is from the book psilocybin production writen by Adam Gottlieb verey good book and very efective prossec,go for it,I own the book I should know.

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: growmore]
    #3255903 - 10/20/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

methanol at room temperature is the best to use for the extraction. Ethanol works almost as good.

Also, acording to A. Shulgin, boiling water is pretty effective.

You can find this info at the cognitive library.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Offlinewyoshroomr
Mycovore
 User Gallery

Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: mycoguy]
    #3255961 - 10/20/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A few days ago, I wanted to trip really bad (been a couple of years), yet I only had about 30 wet grams. I'm not an impatient person, but I need to stop smoking buds (makes me lazy) and I scored a 1/4 of some incredible hydro/kind bud and wanted to trip and smoke. So, I cleaned up the fresh shrooms and made tea out of 2 cakes. I boiled water and then crumbled the cakes in and soaked them for a while (smashing and stirring frequently). I strained this through a piece of cloth -- squeezing it out. I then added about 20 packs of Splenda and a full pack of grape Kool-Aid. Added some ice and tasted pretty decent.

Anyway, that was 4 hours of intense tripping and about 2 hours of mild stuff. I'm not a big fan of using cakes for tea, but I certainly have no regrets about the other night -- fun, fun, fun!!!

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #3255967 - 10/20/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ive consumed mycellium along with various substrates, despite that it is usually shunned upon, and i dont personally recommend it. jars that are pinning are more potent then freshly colonized jars, and spent cakes are more potent then both. but none can compete with fruitbodies.

extraction with methanol or ethanol is kinda useless unless your using dried and powdered fruitbodies, otherwise your just wasting your time.

for extracting from cakes we used to just use the cranberry juice tek, with crushed asorbic acid tabs, but not to many (taste gets a nasty tang if u put in too much). just dry the cakes to a crunchy crispy rock hard dry, then blend this up (coffee grinder works nide) i like to get it as powdery as possible. then i mix up the cranberry vitamin c mix with the cake powder, and filter with a metal coffee filter. people say boiling the brew before filtering it helps alot, i havent tried it so i wouldnt know.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: psilocybin from mycelium [Re: amyloid]
    #3258286 - 10/20/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

30 grams of wet shrooms wouldve been plenty..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate