Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekrazycure
Coastal TripTech

Loc: The edge of reason
Condensation in TnT??
    #3253030 - 10/19/04 09:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I've had my TNT for a few days now, and after putting in a batch of cambodian pint WBS jars with just tyvek under the ring and no lid (but covered with foil), I now, everyday, have a good deal on condensation forming on the lid, as well as it pooling in the corners said upper tub!!!

Does anyone else have this problem? Does tyvek really allow that much gas exchange weven with foil lids?? Is it anytihng to worry about? I can't imagine stagnet water doing anything but harm to the incubation process, but, grrr....

And, hey damn, tommorrow it'll be almost a week after incoculation of the WBS jars, and I only see itty, tiny, little, pathetic strands of white on any of them. What's going on?? My BRF jars showed quarter size growth before that. I put TONS of spores in all the WBS jars, but only a little in the BRF, and I didn't even shake those...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Condensation in TnT?? [Re: krazycure]
    #3253090 - 10/19/04 09:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You shouldnt shake BRF jars. Once grain gets started it goes much quicker. They can no be shaked to spread it around then it will sprout up everywhere and colonize quickly. If you used to much of a syringe you could hurt them by messing with the water content. Water is very important and is something you get the feel for after time working with grain. It takes time though for sure, I'm still trying to get it just right. Adding to many cc's of water (with spores or whatever in it) can alter the water content even more.

I can't speak about the tyvek only, I'd imagine the tin foil would keep the moisture in but your saying its not? Just tyvek with the ring can certainly cause moisture to excape. Perhaps your jars aren't to wet and are to dry? This will also cause slow growth.. Well just my opinion so far, you'll get more :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinekrazycure
Coastal TripTech

Loc: The edge of reason
Re: Condensation in TnT?? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3253138 - 10/19/04 09:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I was saying I shook the WBS jars which I assumed would aid colonization, but it hasn't. The un-shaken PF tek jars with BRF started before them.

Condensation also forms on the undersides of the foil lids....

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Condensation in TnT?? [Re: krazycure]
    #3253187 - 10/19/04 10:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Shaking doens't help the germination start so much. It spreads the spores around so they start all over the place and then is done later to spread around the mycelium if it is not growing evenly everywhere. It won't aid germination though and excessive shaking wont help and could hurt them. Shouldn't shake anymore then 2-3 times; once after you inject, once at about 5-10% colonization and maybe once at 50-60% colonization. Don't shake them unless the colonization is uneven though as that is all shaking does, it doesn't speed it up..just spread it around so the speed is used to the full extent it can be :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation