Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Fuzzy Logic [Re: infidelGOD]
    #3255062 - 10/20/04 06:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

only a simpleton, who is capable of only thinking in black and white, assumes he was even still in Afghanistan when the first troops hit the ground.

He may have been, he may have already flown the coop.

There is no way to know that 1, or 1,000,000 more troop(s) would have made a difference.

No way to know. That's the bigger picture.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (10/20/04 06:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Fuzzy Logic [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3255067 - 10/20/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"No way to know. That's the bigger picture."

is that your new slogan for the war on terror?

assumes he was even still in Afghanistan when the first troops hit the ground.

I must have missed the part where I assumed that...
anyway, we do know that it was VERY LIKELY that ObL was within the borders of afghanistan as of 9.11.2001, and he was probably there for months after that.

but since we DID NOT KNOW FOR SURE that he was there, there was no point in sending additional troops eh?

no way to know that 1, or 1,000,000 more troop(s) would have made a difference

... no way to know ...

talk about fuzzy logic!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3255201 - 10/20/04 07:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

is that your new slogan for the war on terror?

Doesn't one need an old slogan before adopting a new one?

Quote:

I must have missed the part where I assumed that...

I must have missed the part where I said you did.... Oh wait... I didn't.

Quote:

but since we DID NOT KNOW FOR SURE that he was there, there was no point in sending additional troops eh?

Right. Now you're getting it.

Quote:

talk about fuzzy logic!

Feel free to call it what you wish. That doesn't mean sending in more troops would have made any difference at all.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3256418 - 10/20/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ah so that's how captain luvdemshrooms would conduct a manhunt?

"well, we think that the serial killer is somewhere in these woods - we've had some sightings, but we don't know for certain, so let's hold off on sending out those troopers for now. besides, it's not like we can cover every square inch, or seal off the entire forest, so what's the point in trying? it's a futile effort. there's no way to know if sending out additional men will actually result in the capture of our subject"

"No way to know. That's the bigger picture."

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3256580 - 10/20/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That's quite the assumption. And quite foolish to compare a wooded area to an entire country. I'm not aware of any law enforcement agency that would have the resources to send in enough men to search an area the size of Afghanistan.

But... it's about what I'd expect you to say. Perhaps you should quit while you maintain some semblance of dignity. (I bet you won't though)

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3256716 - 10/20/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

that response was incredibly weak, even by your standards.

That's quite the assumption

it's called an analogy, and a fitting one.

I'm not aware of any law enforcement agency that would have the resources to send in enough men to search an area the size of Afghanistan.

oh man. talk about MISSING THE POINT!

But... it's about what I'd expect you to say. Perhaps you should quit while you maintain some semblance of dignity. (I bet you won't though)

I bet you will be quitting this discussion, right about... .NOW!
:lol:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3256732 - 10/20/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Your guesses are as poorly thought out as your statements.

As for missing the point, there would have needed for there to be one that was correct. Perhaps if you can't write an accurate sentence, you should skip it.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3256798 - 10/20/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Your guesses are as poorly thought out as your statements.

my guesses? pardon me, but did we not have this exchange earlier?

IG: but since we DID NOT KNOW FOR SURE that he was there, there was no point in sending additional troops eh?

lds: Right. Now you're getting it.

(my analogy)
"well, we think that the serial killer is somewhere in these woods - we've had some sightings, but we don't know for certain, so let's hold off on sending out those troopers for now... there's no way to know if sending out additional men will actually result in the capture of our subject"

if you want to take back YOUR poorly thought out statement, that's fine with me. my analogy was based on your statement. words have meaning, remember?

lds: Foolish. When someone can't write what they mean, it should come as no surprise when those very words are questioned or pointed out to be incorrect.

:lol: quit while you're behind :lol:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3256855 - 10/20/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I bet you will be quitting this discussion, right about... .NOW!

Yes, your guesses.

Quote:

quit while you're behind

In order to do that I'd have to be behind. But I see you won't admit you said some foolish things.

That's OK.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3256935 - 10/20/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you are what is referred to as a "catch and release"
thank you for your time
but I'm after bigger fish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3257022 - 10/20/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The bigger fish continually eat you.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#3257121 - 10/20/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3257758 - 10/20/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Are you aware of the concept of "diminishing returns?" This concept posits that you can accomplish something with 60% surety with say 100 people, with 200 people you can have 70% surety, with 400 people you can 80% with 800 people you can have. 90% With 1600 95% with 3200. I think you might get the picture. Should we be devoting all of our resources for a wild goose chase which may well be for a corpse or for someone who, if alive, has been completely neutralized? Now that is assinine policy driven by a foolish vengeful agenda. Please stay home and don't vote. You owe those who think that much.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Re: Fuzzy Logic [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3259741 - 10/21/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Are you aware of the concept of "diminishing returns?"

have you ever debated luvdemshrooms? :lol:

you can accomplish something with 60% surety with say 100 people, with 200 people you can have 70% surety, with 400 people you can 80% with 800 people you can have. 90% With 1600 95% with 3200

wow. you sold me! we shouldn't have sent any more troops! we would have increased our chances of capturing ObL by... 35% at most. it would have been such a waste of resources going on such a "wild goose chase", better that we use those troops to disarm saddam hussein of his WMD...

driven by a foolish vengeful agenda

what you call a foolish vengeful agenda, I call justice.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3260268 - 10/21/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So since there's no way to tell if using more troops will help catch Bin Laden, we might as well not use that many.

:wtf: ???

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Fuzzy Logic [Re: Learyfan]
    #3260274 - 10/21/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So you can't read either?

But hey, you can steal signs.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#3261512 - 10/21/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How come you guys keep thowing that back at me even after I changed my mind about it?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Fuzzy Logic [Re: Learyfan]
    #3261557 - 10/21/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Learyfan, we disagree on a ton of stuff, but I'm with you on this one. You did the deed, commented on it here, then reviewed the ensuing discussion and decided not to take any other signs. I believe that continuing to rag on you for that is dead wrong.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuzzy Logic [Re: Phred]
    #3261565 - 10/21/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, thanks Pinky.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #3263437 - 10/22/04 01:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not aware of any law enforcement agency that would have the resources to send in enough men to search an area the size of Afghanistan.

There are more cops in New York than troops in Afghanistan.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order