Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Bush Thugs Arrest Man for Violating "Free Speech" Zone
    #3251842 - 10/19/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Prior to arrest:

New Jersey Man To Bring Medical Marijuana Memorial to Bush Rally in Evesham Township

Medical Marijuana advocate and widowed husband of the late Cheryl Lee Miller (medical marijuana patient and activist) will be bringing Cheryl's wheelchair to President George W. Bush's campaign rally in Evesham Township on Monday afternoon, October 18th. Mrs. Miller suffered with multiple sclerosis for thirty-two years before passing away in June of 2003. She used medical marijuana for relief of spasticity and pain for the last twelve years of her life.

Mr. Miller will be attempting to attend the rally to point out Mr. Bush's inconsistencies regarding his medical marijuana position.

On November 15th, 1999, as reported in the Dallas Morning News, Candidate Bush stated, "each state can choose that decision as they so choose."

His position then switched 180 degrees after becoming President, as his administration began it?s war on medical marijuana in California. Proposition 215, a 1996 law legalizing marijuana for medical use in California, was the first of nine states to do so over the next eight years.

Mr. Miller does not intend to be cofined to a so called "free speech zone." He considers the boundaries of the United States to be a free speech zone, and will be be civilly disobedient in expressing that point of view.

At the Rally:

Jim Miller was arrested Monday at a Bush rally in Evesham NJ. He was walking along a road exercising his 4th Amendment rights with the Cheryl Miller memorial wheelchair when he was confronted by a police officer who knocked the wheelchair on its side, with US flags on the chair falling into dirt and a picture of Cheryl also falling off a protest sign on the chair. The sign referenced Bush's flip-flop on mmj. A watching crowd of Kerry supporters angrily reacted to the officer's behavior.

After replacing the chair to an upright position and putting the picture and flags in their original spots, he turned his back to the officer and placed his hands behind his back and was arrested. He was released about an hour later.

Remember folks this is just another step in the deconstruction of American Freedom of Speech.

Bush is tough on terrorists - and cripples, and the ederly, and those who speak their minds.

*Wah*, "but Swami, it was a police officer that arrested the man, not the president."

....earlier

*Wah*, "but Swami, it was the DEA that held old, sick people at gunpoint, not the president."

....earlier

*Wah*, "but Swami, it was the Congress that voted for the War on Iraq and the Patriot Act, not the president."

I understand. The president has no power and those who act under his orders have their own free will to act as they see fit. Of course, Hitler never actually killed anyone, just his henchmen.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Bush Thugs Arrest Man for Violating "Free Speech" Zone [Re: Swami]
    #3251935 - 10/19/04 02:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

*ahem* source?

The assertation that Mr Peaceful was walking down the street with his I love America wheelchair and a big bad cop just knocked it down seems to smack of bias and, well, horseshit.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Bush Thugs Arrest Man for Violating "Free Speech" Zone [Re: retread]
    #3251967 - 10/19/04 02:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What difference would it make to you? Here it is anyway: web page

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3252077 - 10/19/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nice picture. Link to the text? Google comes up blank.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3252080 - 10/19/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That's not a source, it's a photo with a caption that doesn't match your little essay above. Interesting that the URL included "morenobush" in it. Bush haters are such fabricaters (nice word for liar), they'll say anything. Here's a headline for you. "Kerry thugs pay addict with crack to register voters." This one is actually true. Yours may be but you haven't proved it yet.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Bush Thugs Arrest Man for Violating "Free Speech" Zone [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3252151 - 10/19/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

zappaisgod writes:

"Kerry thugs pay addict with crack to register voters." This one is actually true.

Not quite. To be factual, the sentence should read ""Kerry thugs pay addict with crack to register non-existent voters."

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Bush Thugs Arrest Man for Violating "Free Speech" Zone [Re: Phred]
    #3252160 - 10/19/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Glad you liked the picture.

Here is the pre-history as to why he may have been targeted: web page .

If I thought it would make the slighest difference to anyone here I would get a copy. It was from a small town paper.

Here is Jim's personal report: (take from it what you will)

So now I know what it's like to be at a Bush rally. I'm pretty tired but I wanted to get you a brief synopsis of the day's events. I will be detailing a more complete account soon.

Gary Sage and I got to the rally site about 8:00 AM for the 1:00 start time. We both wore dark suits and apparently looked quite Republican. We parked where many early Bush supporters were gathering with no Kerry supporters in sight. When I took Cheryl's wheelchair out and attached the large sign that fits on top of the chair, the captain of the Evesham police was on us immediately. The sign read GEORGE BUSH FLIP FLOPPED ON MEDICAL MARIJUANA, 1999...YES, 2000-2004...NO. The rest of the chair was the typical memorial setup with "Cheryl Lee Miller...May 21, 1946 - June 7, 2003...Medical Marijuana for Multiple Sclerosis and pictures of Cheryl.

Captain Cromie politely moved us to where the Kerry supporters were expected to be, once any showed up. About 10:30 a couple of busloads of "friendlies" arrived and we all rallied behind the barricades set up along where cars were pulling in to park in the huge field across from the recreation center that Bush would be speaking at. It was good to schmooze with a few hundred Kerry supporters for about two hours. It was a little disappointing to find that very few knew his position on medical marijuana, but understandable as he has never brought the subject up himself even though he responds to questions about medical marijuana favorably.

Around 1:00 we watched the Chinook helicopters land across the street where the Bush faithful were gathered. He had arrived! About 30 minutes later many of the Bush overflow crowd began departing after they had been able to get a glimpse of their hero departing a helicopter while waving at them. That meant a long line of cars with Bush supporters slowly driving through the Kerry gauntlet on the way out of the parking area. So.....I walked around a barrier and took my place in the line of cars while pushing the memorial wheelchair.

I pushed the chair with one hand and carried a "Kerry-Edwards" sign with the other. The crowd loved it, but not so with the Bushies in their cars or one very pissed off Evesham Twp. policeman. He rushed towards me yelling at me to get behind the barricades. I stepped out of the line of vehicles so the cars could pass by me while he did his thing. He ordered me to step to the side. I told him that I had to respectfully decline his offer. He then threw the wheelchair to the ground off to the side of the exit lane. I walked to it and righted it. I picked up the memorial sign and put it back in the chair. Then I looked him in the eye as I pulled the chair back in front of him. He seemed confused as I waited for his next move, which ended up being him yelling at me as his saliva sprayed freely. He repeated his intention to arrest me, so I turned my back on him and put my arms behind me so he would put up or shut up. He chose to put up. I was cuffed, TIGHTLY, and led off to the pokey.

The Kerry supporters were stunned into silence at the officer's veracity and the way he knocked the chair to the ground. One lady's voice broke the momentary silence as she yelled out "what are you doing? Can't you see he's grieving!" As I brought the chair back to where he had just knocked it away from, the crowd came alive and let REALLY let loose. As I was cuffed and led away, the boos thundered loudly. It didn't help Mr. Tough Ass that two American flags attached to the sign hit the ground when he threw it there. How unpatriotic. There should be a law.

Anyway, the rest of the arrest went smoothly. I will be pleading not guilty. I wasn't actually blocking cars. They were able to go around me until the actual arrest. All I wanted to do was exercise my constitutional rights and go for a walk along a public road. Oh well.

A lot of other stuff is noteworthy, like the Gunnery Sergeant who objected to the arresting officers so loudly that he was almost arrested, but it will take a day or so to get it all down.

It was the first time I have ever been arrested without Cheryl. I missed her a lot today.

Jim

(Just another fabricated picture)

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3252276 - 10/19/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A guy pushing a cart-type-thing towards teh presidental motorcade? Hes lucky he didn't get shot.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#3252357 - 10/19/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Once again, no source whatsoever for your inflammatory thread heading. Heres another one "Kerry proposes national service draft for all citizens, men, women and neutered college students alike"

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #3252389 - 10/19/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i believe you swami, i don't understand why people think this sort of thing could not easily happen, freedom of speech is being curtailed daily in America

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Bush Thugs Arrest Man for Violating "Free Speech" Zone [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3252430 - 10/19/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

zappaisgod writes:

Heres another one "Kerry proposes national service draft for all citizens, men, women and neutered college students alike"

Again, not quite accurate. I believe that particular plan of Kerry's has an age cap on it. Fifty year olds, for example, wouldn't have to do the service.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Bush Thugs Arrest Man for Violating "Free Speech" Zone [Re: retread]
    #3252435 - 10/19/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A guy pushing a cart-type-thing towards teh presidental motorcade? Hes lucky he didn't get shot.

Yes, wheelchairs should be outlawed.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Bush Thugs Arrest Man for Violating "Free Speech" Zone [Re: Phred]
    #3252451 - 10/19/04 04:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Dammit, quit stalking me  :mad2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order