Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 50. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms?
    #3252072 - 10/19/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tripper's FAQ

50. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms?

Discuss...

Also,

Please, if you already posted in this thread, post again. There were some great links that were lost.

Thanks.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehaunted
 User Gallery

Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: Rose]
    #3252213 - 10/19/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lost? how did that happen?

well here are the links i posted:

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/24403

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_journal5.shtml

also look in the book "The Brotherhood of Eternal Love" for an account of a fatal overdose of synthetic psilocybin.

:thumbup:

OfflineGloryOfBlaze
Trance Addict ,In A PsychodelicState Of Mind!
 User Gallery

Loc: Mass a two shits
Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: haunted]
    #3252227 - 10/19/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have heard rumors of people eating mushrooms and dying, but personally i only know of some one goin to the hospital and getting there stomach pumped. I would not not doubt eating the wrong mushroom would kill!

--------------------
P.L.U.R
Lifes' merely a delusion, of an illusion in time,
Brought on by the fusion of the subconscious mind!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: GloryOfBlaze]
    #3252419 - 10/19/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, some shrooms kill... but magic shrooms are not poisonous (with only one exception Aminita Muscaria Amanita muscaria... which is very easy to spot) many people have died from eating poisonous mushrooms, mistaking them for magic or edible shrooms. Very few have died from eating only magic shrooms. People have died during trips, but usually these are accidental deaths.

Still, if you eat enough of anything, you die. Also, some people have allergic reactions to mushrooms or psilocybin.

I am specificly looking for people who have died from eating magic mushrooms.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3252550 - 10/19/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i vividly recall dying once while having a very intense trip , all of the sudden i was in a 'grey void' and i could hear myself speaking but nothing else, i remember saying 'did i just die?, how did that happen?' then i thought o great this is the after life, grey. just my luck... then i was back in my friends basement, i'd say it took a minute, no more. i know its not physical death, but for about ten seconds it seemed as if it was.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: zerozero]
    #3252595 - 10/19/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

What happened to my post? Why did it get lost?

anyway...

"There were few people on the ranch at the time: Griggs, his wife, another of the original Brothers and his girlfriend. The couples were living in two tepees on either side of the ridge above the ranch. The two men decided to test the psilocybin which Sand had brought from Switzerland. After swallowing some crystals, Griggs went to his own tepee. Twenty minutes later, he yelled from the door: 'Don't take the stuff. Don't take this psilocybin. It's a complete overdose.'
It was dark now and the other man called back something.
'If you want to get high, take acid, throw the psilocybin away. Don't take it,' Griggs shouted again.
About half an hour later, the other man, who had turned to LSD instead, walked over to Griggs' tepee. The Brotherhood founder was seriously ill, but he refused any suggestion of going to hospital. 'I don't want to go and be busted for being loaded,' he said. 'It's just between me and God, and that's the way it's going to be.' The Brother went back to his own tepee.
But as the night wore on, Griggs became progressively worse. His wife could not bear it any longer. It was agreed he would have to go to hospital now. He was carried into the emergency room in the arms of the Brother who had been with him on the ridge. As the door closed behind them, Griggs shivered and died on the morning of 4 August. The psilocybin must have been pure and Griggs had widely miscalculated the dose, victim of the firm Brotherhood principle of taking as much as possible of any psychedelic. "

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/lsd/books/bel3.htm

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: zerozero]
    #3252615 - 10/19/04 05:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i posted on a topic similar to this yesterday i dont remember if it was this one so i will try to recall what i said. dieing directly from shrooms would be hard, if not imossible. the LD50 (50% dieat this dose) of rats is insanely high i dont remember exactly what it was but it ends up being close to 4 pounds. so overdosing would be rare. i have read something saying some people ate the wrong kind of shrooms and a few died, dont know where i read it. but i think your biggest worry would be from a secondary source, driving, walking off cliff, some sort of crazy shit. but dieing from magic mushies, rare. but dieing from some other means, possible.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Edited by lemon_lw (10/19/04 05:42 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3252632 - 10/19/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

5 days worth of posts were lost. The whole Shroomery was effected, not just this forum. Thanks for reposting.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3252698 - 10/19/04 05:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Aside from someone actually being allergic to shroomz, any deaths would PROLLY~ be attributed to the careless actions of a tripper....  In the media circus tho~, things tend to be taken out of context and the blame might be wrongly directed towards the shroomz themselves (if this has happened).... 

My 2 cents....  :grin:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3252724 - 10/19/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

for the allergies benydryl could help. and you could con an epipen out of a doctor by telling him you had shortness of breath after a bee sting. the epipen would take you out of antaphylactic shock (allergy shock,which is what would kill a person if they died). so even with the paranoia of being allergic there is ways to avoid it.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3252770 - 10/19/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I read about a real bad problem in Russia, where during a certain time of the year tons of people would go out picking. I recall it being for hallucinogens, but I'm not sure (not sure what grows in russia even) it could have been edible. A lot of people got sick and some died from eating the wrong things.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: FAQ 45. Has anyone ever died from eating magic mushrooms? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3252992 - 10/19/04 07:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah the thing you read elgr could probably be just about anything if the place you read it didnt specify. it could of even been about mushrooms that were edible but not magic and for some freak reason it got poisonous. so sucks to be them.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3253050 - 10/19/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, they were poisonous... I'm pretty sure there's an artical about it in the news forum.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3253128 - 10/19/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

so they were picking and got the wrong kind. man im not that brave i would feel weird getting it from the field.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3253143 - 10/19/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It depends on the type you hunt. Many people are firmiliar with cubensis... and if they live in the right region, they will hunt them. Cubes are pretty easy to spot.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3253166 - 10/19/04 08:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah but to me it still doesnt seem safe it adds that small variable of mistake that can turn dangerous.i understand that there ae some pros out there and i have heard about some ways to test for psilosybin(besides the blue method which can still be wrong in some cases). i guess it is really just my preference to grow.

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3253180 - 10/19/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

sorry for cutting the topic but just a quick break. cervantez why is your name green with the little m beside it?

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3253193 - 10/19/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I am a Moderator. I have the power to make you disappear.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3253213 - 10/19/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

thats cool howd you end up with that, and do moderator's usually speak much in the forum or are you rying to get the topics hot again, just wondering. i dont want to go bye-bye jk

--------------------

InvisibleCappin
Stranger
Loc: Brazil[not really]
    #3253433 - 10/19/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i am allergic to bee stings and it is a bad idea to take an epi-pen Whenever i got stung and went to the hospital they gave me a second downer drug to counterract the effects of the epinepherine... bad idea. Its probably shrooms combined with brilliant prescription drug taking ideas that kills people, not the shrooms themselves.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates