Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Papaver Somniferum, Peat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Papaver Somniferum 04 Project
    #3252069 - 10/19/04 05:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well here's what a balcony this year has allowed me to do! 

I started them from seed around the middle of september, so this is a lil less than a month of growth.  Fall should quickly be turning over to winter were I live, and so I'll be having to take them indoors during the night (And certain days by next month).  This isn't supposed to be a serious grow, but I hope to have a nice papaver salad sometime next month.  :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: biglo]
    #3252573 - 10/19/04 07:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Looking good, biglo. I'd let them go until they form pods, if you can wait that long. Does your container have drainage? They don't like soggy roots and don't like being transplanted either. If you can't drill a few holes you could just wait until they are good and dry every time. I plan to start some poppies soon myself. I'm in a warm area so it's been too hot up to now. I hope to have a hundred or so plants and harvest a huge load of pods. Or whatever I end up with. A good trick is to use peat pots with soil in them. That way you can start them indoors in a window and put them in the ground later without transplant shock.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3252718 - 10/19/04 07:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There are a few holes, but unfortunatelly the weather has been rainy and cold for the past three days, with more rain in sight :frown: so I can't really do much to help the soil drain out any faster.  I'd like to get pods, but I don't know if the weather is gonna cooperate.  Do you think they will grow under fluro's when they're well established?  I'm going to try and do everything possible to get them growing.  As you can see, they are quite leafy right now, but the stems aren't very thick, and are only slightly thicker than when they sprouted.  Any other suggestions for my babies?

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: biglo]
    #3252748 - 10/19/04 07:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was growing poppies indoors till I read the penalties for doing so....not fun.
Actually, kinda scary.
Sort of hard to say to the officers that you didnt know they were poppies and illegal when growing indoors......
But, what I did was get a huge 35 gallon tupperware from walmart and drill holes then sow the seeds...worked great.

InvisibleStonehenge
Gone
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #3252948 - 10/19/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Poppy seed is sold in grocery stores and hardware stores all over the place. Lots of people have them in their yards. I think they would need evidence of using them improperly before there was any problem. Technically, all parts are illegal except the seeds but you see them growing a lot of places. I'd say yes, pleading ignorance would probably work if they were indoors or out. The second time might be different. If a cop said don't grow them I wouldn't grow them anymore.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3253026 - 10/19/04 09:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I wasnt trying to preach or anything.
I am a chickenshit...I admit that :smile:
I also have Lots of other reasons to fear the police busting down my door if you know what I mean. I cant imagine them believing me when I plead ignorance after they stack up a huge pile of various leagal and illegal "entheogens" and they gather from the house.
I just decide to stick to outdoor poppy growing, sure glad I did cause man it was a nice harvest this year :smile:

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #3254846 - 10/20/04 04:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

any details on how you did your outdoor grow? Would I be safe to just toss a bunch of seeds on the ground this fall?

Also, what grow zone are you in?

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: mycoguy]
    #3257288 - 10/20/04 07:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

looking good biglo. some of those fucks are getting big. hard to believe it's under a month's growth. very cool  :thumbup:

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3259799 - 10/21/04 11:06 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I generally throw handfulls of poppy seeds on the properties of people I hate. Mostly on the common ground. This should help one get around the law a bit. Best to do this late at night and quickly.

--------------------
...or something

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: eve69]
    #3260119 - 10/21/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

^^^i do the same.

for the most part, i plant poppies everywhere...parks, wooded areas, houses, cop stations, ...prety much anywhere i can think of. i usually forget where i plant em but at least i know thy're there. i guess you can call it a 'johnny poppyseed' mentality. hell, most of the time, people don't even know they're opium pops and decide to leave em in their garden. but yes i agree, the more widespread the plant, the easier it is to manipulate the legal system if one were to get caught...at least i think so.

OfflineOrangeVWCamper
"Tie Dye'dBandit"

Loc: Florida
Re: Papaver Somniferum 04 Project [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3264349 - 10/22/04 01:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck biglo.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Papaver Somniferum, Peat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden