Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMikol
tripper
First Casing
    #3251817 - 10/19/04 03:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Here's the deal:
PF cakes fully colonized
Made 3 casings w/ 50/50 and about 1.5 inch substrate thickness
Put back in incubator for 3-4 days at ~85 degrees.

Now they are in the fruiting chamber and there is myc at the top and one is further along. I'm keeping them at about 72 degrees and 95RH. They are also fanned 4-6 times a day. The myc growth on the casing has slowed and it looks like it's knotting in places on one of the casings. (sorry, no digital camera)

It's already day 11 and it's the first casing ever done, so I'm not sure what to look for. I'm thinking I should just be patient and pins will show but i'm very unsure. Do I just need to wait more?

I would much appreciate any input about this.
thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAmygdala
Learner

Re: First Casing [Re: Mikol]
    #3251872 - 10/19/04 04:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: Well done, you'll have some little guys in a few days!

--------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

OfflineMikol
tripper
Re: First Casing [Re: Amygdala]
    #3251876 - 10/19/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a lot. There's been much time and effort into this first grow so I'm really anxious and had to do the first timer "will they pin" post.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3252480 - 10/19/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

By the end of 5-6 days the casings surface should be pretty uniformly colonized now 72 is on the low end and will slow things a bit, I'd suggest 75-77F. if possible this will allow for better colonization of the casings surface. Now at the end of this transition period between vegetative and generative growth you will notice quite a bit of knotting and in a couple days after that you should start seeing primordia formation (pins!) :wink: GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineMikol
tripper
Re: First Casing [Re: hyphae]
    #3269539 - 10/24/04 12:05 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for all of the help. One of the casings is doing great. Should be able to have a fun night with a couple friends in a week or so.

This site is just awesome! For newbies (I hate that word....), just read the teks and follow them and you'll get results. More importantly, listen to the people on this forum. Thanks for all of help and posts to read.

later

Offlineholio1
intense

Loc: toronto son
    #3269828 - 10/24/04 01:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

good job buddy, I just got the first harvest of my second grow ever tonight. 90g off of a casing in a 4 or 5" square tupperware container that had a 1.5-2" substate layer cased with verm, probably about a pint or so of substrate. Nothing great, but thats not bad really

Got another much thinner casing that is producing well and should have about 40 maybe 50g on it when I harvest when the veils break, which will likely be sometime tomorrow.
And then after that there is another casing slightly larger than the harvested one which will probably pin any day.

Hah sorry I wrote so much about my grow randomly, I am just really high and came home to expect to harvest tomorrow, but this afternoon they really matured with size and caps opening. A couple started droping spores but unlike my first grow with fat-ass huge cap fucking shrooms and also rediculous 10" shrooms they were all just average.

OK i just fucking kept going right there, great job man, if you have gotten your first pins I am sure you are very happy, it's a great feeling

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation