Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: 5-HTP

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethelion
Bi-polar post resurrected
    #3251360 - 10/19/04 02:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure if its worth the effort but but I am resurrecting the post. Any takers?

Mood swings as usual. Thought I had a moment where I was leveld out. Instead of just watching the football game I had to create some small amount of chaos. No big deal I guess. But I just am looking to level out. That all elusive feeling.

No reponse needed. Just venting out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Loc: NorCaL
Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: thelion]
    #3251394 - 10/19/04 02:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Smoke more weed if you are not going to take a mood stabalizer.
Order some benzo's from an OP if you dont mind being a addict.
Of course, any responsible person would say self medicating is asking for trouble. But fuck them.
oh, and beat your wife/girlfriend and kick your puppy around some...that should help.

I guess I should add, This all in a sick sort of jest at myself.
Dont beat anyone.
dont abuse drugs.
Get some real help asap before something nasty happens you will regret forever.
goodluck

Edited by quarkyquasar (10/19/04 07:49 PM)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: quarkyquasar]
    #3253867 - 10/20/04 12:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have some pretty crazy Ups & Downs.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: Grav]
    #3253992 - 10/20/04 12:37 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hypothesis:

every persons mood travels on a wave (the peaks and the valleys) you slope up till you get to a goodness, and then slope down till you get in a slump...

the closer together the waves occur, the faster you go up, and the faster you crash down...

the further apart the crests, you just slide slowly up and down, good mood is great in spring, then it slips slides down until you have the blues in winter.

but, for someone with the waves scrunched up right next to each other, exstatic at 3pm suicidal at 5pm...

and with bipolar folks (like myself) the wave is like a slinky it scrunches up and pulls out, totally making you feel like a crack head.

now i dont know what good this thoery does me, but it seems to at least describe how i feel a lot better than most descrpitions of bipolar disorder.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: Todcasil]
    #3257451 - 10/20/04 07:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I will go from feeling like I am the center of all life in the world, like I can attain any goal, and am totally fearless as to anything life throws at me...

to feeling displaced and totally flawed, like I am an equation that doesn't add up to anything.

It's been fluctuating alot lately.

I feel like I don't have a consistent personality. Sometimes I lose my sense of identity. I've heard of this being called 'depersonalization'.

Personally I think I'm just really bored. But I should be moving to the west coast in a few months, I'm excited for the change.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3257609 - 10/20/04 08:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know if there's anything wrong with me lately. Lately I've felt fucked though. I keep jumping around from being insanely depressed for no good reason that I can see, to being so excited and having so much god damn energy and my mind will move sooooo fast and I just want it to stop but it doesn't and I'm like ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! That was last night. So I went and toked and it calmed me down a bit. Today I'm sad again. I don't know what the fuck is going on. I have no motivation and want to just not eat and sit on my bed and do fucking nothing. That and get really drunk and try and feel better.

I'm also planning a move to the west. BC. Woot.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3258045 - 10/20/04 10:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to San Fransisco

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: thelion]
    #3258332 - 10/20/04 11:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm interested in everyones opinions and information on how you deal with severe swings in either direction, and general coping.

InvisibleMobiusStripper
FamKitten

#3258345 - 10/20/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hmm. A bipolar thread...
I take my medicine every day like I am supposed to. I do ok then at around 22 - 26 hours I crash .. thats when i take my next dose. When this 22 - 26 hours hits, I usually freak out and start panicking and flipping out and getting depressed and scared and upset.

I didnt know that i was on this schedule until the person I am with noticed it. It is always more obvious to the people on the outside looking in I guess.

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: Barbi]
    #3258354 - 10/20/04 11:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Swinging sucks. I want from depressed to overly extremely happy and it was painful lol

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3258631 - 10/21/04 12:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I take zyprexa, depakote, lexapro, and diazepam to control the mood swings, psychosis, depression, anxiety and panic attacks.
My pdoc is always bugging me to get off the diazepam, but I just have not been able to make myself stop yet. (I self medicated that a while back and am now addicted)
The zyprexa helps alot with the crazy thoughts of killing people and myself. Depakote is great for the mood swings. Lexapro is a anti-depressant, and diazepam is for anxiety and panic attacks.
I dont do much else other than sit around the house sleeping, on the computer and watching tv. But at least I am not in prison.
I dont know what I would do without disability retirement..be a bum I suppose.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3258721 - 10/21/04 01:15 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I'm interested in everyones opinions and information on how you deal with severe swings in either direction, and general coping.

In my case, I didn't cope well at all. I'm glad they found the right meds to put me on a more even keel...

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3259267 - 10/21/04 05:09 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

what meds were those exactly?

Someone I care abotu very much is bipolar with extremly close waves. I'm trying to help them with coping and finding alternative pathways to focus negative energy, and looking into all options.

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
    #3260662 - 10/21/04 04:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

anyone ever try 5 htp. someone close to me is bi polar on like three meds and they keep switching them around. they aint working. none of them. so i wanted to try and see if i could help. also im not really bi polar but i have my ups. mostly downs. im interested in 5 htp because its a natrual alternative to zoloft and the lot.

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Offlinequarkyquasar
Happy FluffyBunny

Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #3260730 - 10/21/04 04:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Omega-3 fatty acids that are found in fish oil and flax seed oil are great for depression and mood swings for some people.
Here is a great site for more information about everything Bi-polar..meds, cause, how to get help, ect.
Depakote and zyprexa are very popular meds for bipolar...but almost all mood stabalizers and anti-psychotics have very serious side effects and not to be taken lightly. But if you are bi-polar and are not able to manage with just therapy and good healthy lifestyle then meds are the only thing that will help your friend in the long run.
Bottom line is you need to see a psych-doc.

http:// groups.msn.com/BipolarDisorderWebCommunity

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Happy Mutant

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3261085 - 10/21/04 06:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I'm on Deprakote and Lamictal, and they seem to work pretty well. I don't think Bi-Polar disorder can be cured simply through herbal, vitamin and exercise therapy alone, as it's a major fuck-up of the brain chemistry. I wouldn't discount their efficacy either, but only combined with chemical therapy.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Bi-polar post resurrected [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3261866 - 10/21/04 09:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i used to think bipolar disorder was linked with my pot smoking.... but now that i am not smoking i still have wild mood swings sometimes.

i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder...

but the borderline bit i dont think is a disorder, i know how i will react to any given situation... i just like people to do the opposite of what i say when i get angry (just leave me alone! would be: just give me a hug!) but whatever.

as far as coping, at first you have to find somethings to make you happy... but then youll realize that those "things" are just that. its all just stiff. jobs money toys cars whatever is just stuff.

normally the only thing that helps me cope is music... it seems so otherworldy, yet of this earth, of right now. all kinds of music. and making music! singing... expression so far has been my best method of coping.

when i was younger, depressed and angry, all i could do was draw to feel better. draw and write poetry.

now that i am older and a little bit more in charge... i can compose, sing, listen, or just sleep. i like sleep.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: 5-HTP

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being