Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMrThirdEye
Shaman

Loc: Wonderland.
Good Schwag is not an Oxymoron...
    #3251345 - 10/19/04 01:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hello all.... just thought I would discuss the beauty of some schwag. Schwag = Marijuana that is sometimes bricked, seeded, poorly cured, or in some way inferior to what we know as KB[nugs]. However... I must say that not all schwag is created equal.

My favorite "variety" of schwag is definitely the stuff that is skunky stinky, hard as a rock[from compaction], and relatively seedless. Lately, this stuff has been coming in droves... last night a buddy of mine showed me a 6 ounce block of this stuff that had to be about half the size of a VHS tape. You break it up and find almost no seeds.... its sticky, tastes good, smokes good, and gets ya stoned to the bone.

I was just thinking... it sure would be neat to see what this stuff looks like before being bricked. I think people would pay twice what they do for it as schwag, if it were not bricked. It goes for like 80 an ounce... 215 a QP. I dunno why I typed all this... but it was like a stream of consciousness thing... and I figured what the hell.

Here are a couple examples of what I consider some good schwag.

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me..." -Shannon Hoon

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality." -Dante Aleghieri

"Racism is schism on a serious tip!" -Beastie Boys & Bradley Nowell

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKoOs
BlingBling!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Glendive MT
Re: Good Schwag is not an Oxymoron... [Re: MrThirdEye]
    #3251352 - 10/19/04 01:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

nice pics man!

--------------------

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
    #3251362 - 10/19/04 02:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It looks a lil too compressed, I used to egt bomb ass mids for 20 a quarter. Those were the days, I don't smoke reggle shwaggle tho.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3251378 - 10/19/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nothing like some fine sexy mexy girls I tell ya

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3251379 - 10/19/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Pretty much all i smoke is "good shwag" I saw quite a bit of seadless bulk outdoor this last harvest season and im hoping for good things for this season.

The mids as we call em in my area usually rival beaster potency, but are about 1/3 1/2 the price and usually just a have a few beans. Some times seadless. Only descrepency i see is that mids we get are never pressed like shwag is. I mean it gets packaged in large amounts, but is never bricked, ie layers of bud will peal off.

Ive got a doob infront of me for when my roomate gets back.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Edited by baraka (10/19/04 02:09 PM)

OfflineMrThirdEye
Shaman

Re: Good Schwag is not an Oxymoron... [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #3251388 - 10/19/04 02:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You illustrate my point exactly.... someone can fail to fully compress the same bud that is called schwag when compressed.... and people will pay higher prices for it, or call it "mids". Its the same smoke... different form. Quite personally I would rather have rock hard schwag "buds", then airy fluffy leafy mids.

--------------------
"All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me..." -Shannon Hoon

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality." -Dante Aleghieri

User Gallery

Re: Good Schwag is not an Oxymoron... [Re: baraka]
    #3251390 - 10/19/04 02:10 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

there is nothing sexy about beasters!

--------------------

User Gallery

#3251397 - 10/19/04 02:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I hate when ya buy the cheap shit of some rasta that smells like he had it under his ass folds for the past week. I have seen shwag that had lots of like dead bug bodies and cacoons n what not sitting in em. yuck

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Good Schwag is not an Oxymoron... [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3251401 - 10/19/04 02:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Your missing a very very important point tho thirdeye. Hydrollic press herb = lots more broken resin heads. Which speeds up the oxidazation of thc into lesser canabanoids(the brown frown drown). Pressed weed is bad. Pressed weed also beans busted beans bad bad for tatse.

Pressed weed = broke oxidized resin heads as well as broke beans. Smoke unpreessed mids.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

User Gallery

#3251409 - 10/19/04 02:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thats what I noticed to be the main difference between bricked shwag and airy slightly compressed middy shwag.

--------------------

OfflineMrThirdEye
Shaman

#3251411 - 10/19/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hell yeah Baraka.... it looks like you and I live in a similar bud market. I see you can appreciate a little bit of high quality schwizag... I agree with your remarks concerning potency also. I find most of the schwag that smells/looks good to be quit a nice stone.

--------------------

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#3251415 - 10/19/04 02:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

fuck swag it is shit. all it ever did was give me cloudy brain and headache. im sorry man swag is garbage.

Invisibleeddyadak
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Mayabell
Re: Good Schwag is not an Oxymoron... [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3251419 - 10/19/04 02:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Words have to mean something, shit is shit and
schwag is schwag... not good regular, or "mids".

Schwag a word used to refer to shitty weed, dirtweed, crap, etc... anything worth smoking is not "schwag"

So call it something else, cause Schwag is Schwag and "Good Schwag" IS an oxymoron...

--------------------
The smoker you drink , the player you get.

Anonymous

#3251425 - 10/19/04 02:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

most schwag you would buy 10 or more years ago was straight sativa. Now indica dominant and 50/50 hybrids are everywhere and when lightly pressed are great 'mids'. I've heard its due to the mexican genetics being bred with dutch indicas, especially midwest bud. I wouldn't be surprised to see purple mids in the very near future

OfflineMrThirdEye
Shaman

#3251453 - 10/19/04 02:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't agree with the conclusion that pressing mids turns it into brown frown. In fact, I think there is very little evidence that broken resin heads = less stone. Especially when the schwag still retains some moisture and bud form... (when its not totally shake). I'll still take rock hard schwag over airy mids any day. I think the effects of bricking are overestimated, but thank god they are.... its what keeps schwag cheap.

--------------------

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
    #3251470 - 10/19/04 02:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The mids i got were always dense neugs, and not leafy, very little seeds, and sticky as shit, pretty much seeded nugget.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

OfflineMrThirdEye
Shaman

Re: Good Schwag is not an Oxymoron... [Re: Organic]
    #3251471 - 10/19/04 02:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
most schwag you would buy 10 or more years ago was straight sativa. Now indica dominant and 50/50 hybrids are everywhere and when lightly pressed are great 'mids'. I've heard its due to the mexican genetics being bred with dutch indicas, especially midwest bud. I wouldn't be surprised to see purple mids in the very near future

I live in the midwest and agree with some of your conclusions, particularly about schwag being more indica now then in previous years. I think much of that has to do with the growers desire for quicker flowering and better harvest weight.

I gotta say though, that schwag comes in many varieties... and that names are very misleading. The terms mids, schwag, kind bud, nugs, etc. do very little towards describing the quality of bud. I personally beleive that the stickiest nicest nugs can be pressed and still be called KB. After all, you don't call vaccum pressed/sealed high grade bud schwag.

--------------------

OfflineMrThirdEye
Shaman

Re: Good Schwag is not an Oxymoron... [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #3251484 - 10/19/04 02:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

master_shake said:
The mids i got were always dense neugs, and not leafy, very little seeds, and sticky as shit, pretty much seeded nugget.

I see the situation from a different angle.... those "mids" you get are the exact same bud [typically bulk outdoor] that were not pressed. You pay a higher price for the same bud... because someone calls it mids. Get my point?

--------------------

Anonymous

#3251490 - 10/19/04 02:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You're absolutely right. It will degrade faster when stored but short term the herb is excellent. Packages are shipped ultra compressed and vacuum sealed and they arrive medical quality. I have seen threads on OG with compressed bricks of BOG genetics :o

Offlinezoso507
Burned Down
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3251495 - 10/19/04 02:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub