Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEvilredcup
Stranger
Dream setup?
    #3251096 - 10/19/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sick of all of this McGyver bullshit with Styrofoam coolers and aquarium parts. I'm much more interested in the science of mycology than I am in the construction of inaccurate ducttape-and-chewinggum lab equipment. What are the most refined, accurate, and reliable grow rooms y'all have seen?

In other words, given $1000 (give or take) and an average-sized closet, what would you build? Yield is of minimal concern (a hard trip a week would be adequate), but precision of environmental monitoring and control are.

Thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Dream setup? [Re: Evilredcup]
    #3251120 - 10/19/04 10:48 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

if you only want a small amount of yield why would you spend so much money on a setup?

http://www.choiceedibles.com/mushroomkits.htm
$69.95, Cave with humidity control, Continental US Shipping Included

that with a pressure cooker should provide you with the results you need, although Ive had no problem with my McGuyver methods. GL

beejay

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Dream setup? [Re: beejay]
    #3251141 - 10/19/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

If you want to spend lots of money, go ahead hire a few engineers. You can easily blow $5000 on design and labor. Hell, you can even build a clean room if you really want to spend thousands of dollars, get anti-contamination suits, large compressors and air lines and such.

If you want to build a clean grow room and work rooms, this isn't a place for you. You'll need someone with skills, not only to conceive, but construct as well. You want a professional job, hire a professional. Don't ask for advice and then turn around and say it's crappy.

Personally, I'm offended a bit, because every idea I have, I had to spend number of hours to simplify and make it practical. You want to do away with "inaccurate ducttape-and-chewinggum lab equipment", I suggest you find yourself a contractor.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Edited by Sam1912 (10/19/04 11:15 AM)

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: Dream setup? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3251182 - 10/19/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You spend your 1000 bucks, I will stick to my McGyver bullshit and have a good laugh thinking about the 1000 bucks I saved while i'm tripping balls.

Offlinemushrea
Stranger
    #3251196 - 10/19/04 11:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Given the fact that this site is essentially based around the casual (and therefore NOT professional) mushroom grower, your post seems just a tad out of place.

If yield is of minimal concern and you're tired of "MacGyver bullshit" go buy a syringe and a Mycobag. :rolleyes:

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Dream setup? [Re: mushrea]
    #3251218 - 10/19/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

McGyver was awesome, don't knock his talent.

McGyver could make a terrarium out of a paperclip, match box, and a pair of soiled underware.

Anyway, why would you want to have something so high tech to grow something that has been growing in nature for thousands of years? I mean.. you aren't going to get any better results if you had a $50,000 lab other than more space to grow.

You already said you're only interested in one hard trip per week. If you fixed up 12 jars and inoculated them, waited a week and did another 12, and then just keep innoculating 12 more jars every 2 or 3 weeks you would have a constant supply of mushrooms. Way more than enough for one hard trip per week. On top of all this it would only cost you around $90 for everything to set it up probably. It's not like you're differing from what you'd get in a professional set-up as long as you maintain your sterility.

So get innoculating.

- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Dream setup? [Re: Silven]
    #3251228 - 10/19/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

How about your own tropical island to grow on. We could all pitch in and buy one.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3251236 - 10/19/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

martha stewart setup is pretty cheap and is nice and professional...but if you want 1 hard trip per week then all you need to do is run a bulk grow once or twice and you are set for ages. have you really done any research on shroom growing??

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies