Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Infidel Zombie

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
more poss comtam pics
    #3251011 - 10/19/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

hey, y'all. the general consensus when I posted the first set of these last time was that I probably birthed them too soon, but that they're probably ok.

I thought I might have because the cakes were never really opaque white on the entire surface, but I figured it was just verm that had fallen and stuck on it when the colonized cake pulled away from the jar.

I'm guessing I should wait for them to pin while they're still in the jar next time.

Well, I uploaded some new pics and thought I might point out on them what was concerning me. (the other three will be up tomorrow)

Thanks for your previous opinions.

there's some blue in the lower left here, hoping it's just bruising

this is what they all look like on the top

I was concerned this looked a little like cobweb mold, but it's really hard to find pictures of verified cob to compare it to, though someone had replied they thought it was just rizomorphic growth

most all of my cakes have this yellowish brownish coloring in spots

here I'm pointing out the bluish coloring on the cake

the pics below are more examples of the browning/reddening

there are three more I will post, one I really wish I would have uploaded first, because it looks as though there may be a pin forming on it (!)

Anyway, as you can probably tell, this is my first grow, so I might have to ask a lot of questions, but I thank you for your help!

Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Cali
Re: more poss comtam pics [Re: SweetJimmyBrown]
    #3251055 - 10/19/04 12:20 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Most pictures look okay. I'm still concerned about the cobweb looking cakes(yeah... but I was the only one concerned last time you posted pics)

The blue spots on first cake is bruising. That's for certain.

The yellow spots look almost like dead layer of myc drying out. How's your humidity? I'd double check the humidity.

Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: more poss comtam pics [Re: Sam1912]
    #3251059 - 10/19/04 12:23 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Everything looks fine sept this pic. I would watch it closely.

Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Re: more poss comtam pics [Re: SweetJimmyBrown]
    #3251952 - 10/19/04 04:38 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

hey, you can consider this a continuation of sweetjimmybrown's post, since I was posting under his name for simplicity's sake, but then I realized if I register with my own I can upload the other pics

crafty, huh?

anyway, here they are :

there's some bluish spots on this one, but it looks like what you called bruising on another

citric, are you saying that the brown/red coloration could be normal?
I know the faqs say a yellowing of the myc is common, and I thought I remembered reading that brown was a sign of fungal growth.

as far as the humidity, well, the gauge I have always said 70. I decided to calibrate it, even though the tek for that said they come 5% off, and it turned out that it was 20% off. Is this unheard of? It just seems kind of odd to me that it would be that off, but if it really is that means it was at 90, and would make sense with the water droplets all over the sides of the box.

Also, thank you whoever suggested that I fan more gently, I did get a little carried away

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation