Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChimera
Eyes wide open!

Loc: Great Smoky Mountains
Which one would you believe?
    #3248158 - 10/12/04 05:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I realize, at the moment, that my incubator is too hot (or so my thermometers say).

I think the digital one reads too high because the outside temperature says it's at 71.8 and my thermostat says about 69. It's not a very nice one so I think that maybe it's miscalibrated or something.
:mad2:

--------------------

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." - John Muir

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChimera
Eyes wide open!

Re: Which one would you believe? [Re: Chimera]
    #3248161 - 10/12/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Too little heat is better than too much, right?

--------------------

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.  Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.  The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." - John Muir

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
    #3248182 - 10/12/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know, as fond as i am of digital devices, sometimes they just don't work right. I'd trust the circular one, especially if the digi is cheap.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
Re: Which one would you believe? [Re: Hrethic]
    #3248203 - 10/12/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Bro, check out my post here: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3237395/an/0/page/1#3237395

I had that same Accurite piece of shit. Go return it and go to Target and get the Oregon Scientific Temp/RH gauge. It works great.

OfflineChimera
Eyes wide open!

Re: Which one would you believe? [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3248225 - 10/12/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks. I think I'm just going to take my readings off of the circular one.

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3249501 - 10/12/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chimera said:

:thumbup: I'd suggest bringing that temp down slightly also.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Which one would you believe? [Re: hyphae]
    #3249525 - 10/12/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Your digital thermometer takes its top reading from wherever the unit is sitting, so it's 91 degrees right there. The wire with the sensor makes the reading that says 71.8 degrees. I find my Accurite to be accurate, as I have a space heater in my room and the thing always has the same reading as the 2 Accurites that I have at opposite corners of the room. In my opinion, I'd trust the digital one.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Which one would you believe? [Re: DNKYD]
    #3249530 - 10/12/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

You guys should get one of those point on shoot temp meters they work fucking great.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineChimera
Eyes wide open!

#3249615 - 10/12/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Quote:

Chimera said:

:thumbup: I'd suggest bringing that temp down slightly also.

It's already been done!

And there are the jars, cooling off. Wish me luck!  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3249970 - 10/12/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

A big GL! :wink:

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
    #3250056 - 10/12/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry, guys. I disagree. Both are very unreliable when it comes to temperature. Round thing is just a piece of bimetalic metal wrapped like a coil. It's terribly easy to get that out of wack, just as easy as buying a digital that's messed up.

I'd probably take both of them to sharper image(they have some really quality stuff) and check them against other thermometers.

The ones that are hardest to mess up are the mercury ones... but they are incredibly hard to find and very expensive. Next in line would be the alcohol ones. That's the one with red or blue liquid inside.

Some digital brands are hit and miss IMHO. Some are tested thoroughly before they hit the shelf. But usually those are the ones not marked "made in china" and a bit more expensive.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which one would you believe? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3250149 - 10/12/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tip: these probe dial temp gauges are very accurate and with a small hole cab be inserted into the lid allowing you to read the internal temp from the outside :wink: In this instance it's used in an aerocloner but will work fine in your guys situation. I buy lots meaning boxes and they all read the same temp unlike at the store sometimes (each one reads a different temp) :lol: BTW 8-9 bucks each :laugh:

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Offlineoddiseus
The PsychofunkFirefly

Loc: Doldrums & Faultlines
    #3250534 - 10/13/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Omg I have the POS Accurite from Wal mart!!! It always reads HI for my RH so I would guess Im over 90% What a piece of shit .lol

--------------------
Though you can't go back and make a new beginning. You can start today to make a new end.

Traveller, there is no path, paths are made by walking

If Jesus was jewish...Why does he have a mexican name??

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Which one would you believe? [Re: oddiseus]
    #3250578 - 10/13/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I believe most of those probe thermometers go through a FDA inspection. No, silly. Not Drug... Food. FDA=food and drug administration. And also some are calibratable by a screws on the back. Well worth money.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Which one would you believe? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3250822 - 10/13/04 02:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Where could one order a few of these suckers for cheap? I could use some of them dealies along with a psychrometer dealy too..why are they called psychrometers anyway? Just a temp and humidity guage put together?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order