Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated
    #3247175 - 10/12/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ok I am planing on starting the spawning today. I got everything I need and I have taken all the proper steps so far. When i say everything all i need is a moving air dehydrator.
I will show you some pictures as i go . I got a few ?? before i start.
Im using the standard wide mouth Pint jars. With a 3:1 Millett to water. Exactly 225mL millett and 75mL water.
Hows that sound? I still got alot of room im hoping to fill that with in time.
And next is my Stearilization ?
I have built my sterile lab and got it all set up perfect. But The pressure cooker i bought is ancheint. I got a gauge, a pressure release, and a fine adjust.
I was figuring closing the outlet and letting it pressureize(*within 15 mins) And then use the fine adjust for the next 5-10 mins and than let it cool and place the jars on my oven rack before moving them in to my Lab. Which is mearly feet from my oven.
Get somthin to work with?
-Peace till Later-
-Tricks of the Trade-
East Coast Kid

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: EastCoastKid]
    #3247207 - 10/12/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Most folks prefer to soak grain for a day , let completly drain in a colander , load into jars and PC .
Cousin IT does the old 35-40 mls of water per 1\3 cup of milo/millet mix , then PCS (to lazy to break down your math ) .
What do you mean by "ancient" PC ? As in old model , or an old "used" one ?
Make sure rubber gaskets are in good shape prior to using to Sterilize(do a practice run with empty jars ). You may also want to have gauge checked for accuracy , or buy a new one .
Let water boil in PC for aprox 7 mins then close off to build pressure , baby sit it the first time watch that pressure and make adjustments as , "IF" needed .
Good Luck
PS Keep studying and reading , your not quite at "spawning" stage yet if still PCing grain :thumbup: :cool:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (10/12/04 12:33 PM)

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: tripndicular]
    #3247226 - 10/12/04 12:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Its from 1961 and it looks like it has only been used a few times , But its cast aluminum and it coulda been every night 4 all i know. But i cleaned it and the pressure appears lagit but i can test it. I Am thinkin im all set. Sweatin it a bit tryin to get a buzz on that will last me the rest of the night. Ok that method of PC'n sounds good.
-Peace till Later-
-Tricks of the Trade-
East Coast Kid

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3247564 - 10/12/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Heres my sanatary Lab.

Not to shabby.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #3247758 - 10/12/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

EastCoastKid said:
Heres my sanatary Lab.

Not to shabby.

i bet you had fun making that lot  :laugh:

--------------------
buh

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: shirley knott]
    #3247841 - 10/12/04 03:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lol I've never heard of somone making a sanitation lab :P

I'm sure just pressure cooking it and not fooling with it will be enough, unless your house is really dirty.

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: thenewuser]
    #3247856 - 10/12/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

people that want to move into more advanced aspects of cultivation
usualy have a setup similar to that, flow hoods, glove boxes
and the like are use for things like grain to grain transfers
and agar work...

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: thenewuser]
    #3247882 - 10/12/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

cool :smile:

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3247902 - 10/12/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I spent so much time cleanin every nook of my house i didnt want to fuck up in the details. You done it with out B4? Ya Your right building that was a pain in the ass .. No need to screw this up before i even start. You Familiar with cakes and casings? The cakes what do you think percentage wise should be medium (My case millett) that stuff is expanding a lot . Im thinkin about pullin some out

Clearly a b4 and after PC....
what do you think?
Ill save the casing ??? 4 another...
-Peace till Later-
-Tricks of the Trade-
East Coast KId

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3248276 - 10/12/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i figure ill take out 40% of the medium after sterilization. This was the jars already PCed are ready to go and i can keep the consistancy with out variation between jars.
-Peace till Later-
-Tricks of the Trade-
East Coast KId

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
    #3248383 - 10/12/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you dont need much to spawn..once you get the grain into sterile substrate jar
incubate and your set. you can even spawn 10% ,and it becomes the blob,it'll heal and start eatin...YUmYUM!!! just lysol or oust the shit out your room b4 anything,! Ionic breeze baby!<its guranteed>!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: botanisthype]
    #3248430 - 10/12/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Definitly good to know my friend. . I'm just after details . . What do think is the best temp to keep my span chamber at ???? 85 thats what i am planin on. And should i throw a sheet over the bins to cut down on the Photo?
-Peace till Later-
-Tricks of the Trade-
East Coast KId

Edited by EastCoastKid (10/12/04 06:10 PM)

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

#3248555 - 10/12/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well i got a tub intub so i keep the heater  on 90 degrees,i like em to be warm,they need love too..lOL,but temp. breaks down a bit when it gets into the tub with jars,...some  cams  and brazilians doins pac man on some qt after 4 dayz..seems like a good temp for me! :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

--------------------

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3248593 - 10/12/04 06:42 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ya im doin Barzis and same tub in tub idea. But its set to 85 and i got half my jars in it already. . . You think ill b OK?

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

#3248613 - 10/12/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yuP...AS LONG as its not Under 75 degrees,.i think..ust get some zip-ties..there those lil strings the police use to arrest you with out handcuffs...its plastic flat with a slot so when you connect t it clicks and locks tight.you'll need it to keep the tub in tub in thw water to get even temp... damn i flet like i said that all in one breathe,.good thing keyboards are invented
lol

--------------------

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3248637 - 10/12/04 06:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ha ha thats 4 sure. My water level dosent come very hi up the sides and the tub is already set. What is that gonna give me some troubles? Should i add a bit more?

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

#3249792 - 10/12/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

go ahead add a bit more ..you wont need to for a while later on..you want the temperature even thru out the tub,got some ready to case i think in a week or so..batches for halloween

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3249882 - 10/12/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hyphae's Tips:

Tip: save 2ml/cc out of that syringe and learn Karo tek!  Then you'll have some real hot innoc!!! And IMO is the only way to go! 

Tip: you will want that casing at "near saturation" prior to pinning this allows the pins the moisture needed to pin prolifically without a need to mist during the pinsetting stage.

Tip: make a el cheapo tray out of tinfoil fold up the sides a bit 1/2in. fill with moist verm and set your cake/flatcake on this, this will provide you with a better yield.

Tip: loose the tape altogether and pass that on to all your friends and tell your enemies to leave the tape on and if they ask why well I can't help ya there I can't think of one reason besides to keep the water out thats it

Tip: A nice even pinset starts with a nice even substrate first then a nice even casing with plenty of structure (moisture pockets).

Tip: Wash them mushies down with OJ makes the trip so much better!

Tip: FORGET THE TAPE!!!!

Tip: make up some lime water and mist the casing with that if you forgot to add it in the first place, hydrated lime works great for this BTW.

Tip: Read a book on growing shrooms

Tip: When making syringes place 1-2 drops of JetDry per 100ml of Karo solution this will aid in reducing clumping altogether. The sopes will still be attracted to each other (clump) but a slight tap and they disperse perfectly!

Tip: Wrap shrooms individually in paper towels (like tubes with open ends) and lay them in the fridge the cooler temps in the fridge will pull the moisture until they're dry. If totally fresh the towel will stick to the surface of the cap a bit but that makes little difference. This is just something that I ran across in the same situation.

Tip: If ya do get a couple early birds pic them right away (sacrifice them) and your flush will thank you with a much better yield

Tip: with real aggressive strains it is necessary to initiate pinning/fruiting sooner for optimum pinsets. Sooner as in as soon as any myc is seen poking thru or sooner.

Tip: always shake the hell out of your syringes before innoculating. :wink:

Tip: never open that jar to see what that pretty pink mold smells like, It not good believe me 

Tip: Forget that tape!!!

Tip: when misting don't do it all at once build that moisture content back up over a period of several misting over a couple of days, this is a much more myc friendly way.

Another tip: get yourself a pumpup type sprayer ($7) they out out perform hand squeeze types 10:1 with the added advantage of a much finer mist when adjusted right! Like a heavy fog! You'll never be sorry ya got one!!!

Tip: petroleum jelly is how you care for your PC gaskets it's in the instructions also BTW. Another tip: never use vegetable oils on gaskets as they will distroy them over time. (FACT!)

Tip: Fanning duration need only be 20-30seconds, Thats all it takes and anymore just unnecessarily exposes your chambers to airborne contams.

Tip: Just a note on flowhood airflow, you don't want a strong airflow at all you want a gentle breeze, this actually helps with lowering contams.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinemsd9
Stranger
Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: hyphae]
    #3249949 - 10/12/04 10:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hyphae's tips are a great read. Thanks.

OfflineEastCoastKid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Lil bit tip and trick from a veteran would b appreciated [Re: msd9]
    #3250150 - 10/12/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ya primo. information. Im gonna b expanding my opp. with in a week or so and than i think i might try that Karo Technique. You got any authors youd recomend I known the Dope GUy "Ed Rosenthal" theres gotta be a mushroom guy. Thanks 4 that info all along.
Peace Till Later
-Tricks of the Trade-

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate