Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Loc: The womb of chaos.
At last. hahahaha
    #3247991 - 10/12/04 06:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have finaly found them. Today I decided to head on out into a field here near the Washington coast. Braving snakes and paranoia I ventured forth in search of the legendary shroomz. lol Well I got to the other end of the path I was traveling and became slightly frustrated that I had yet to find anything. Than on the way back something happend. Out of the grasses I began to notice them, the liberty caps. Now I am happy. Yes indeed I am a happy shroomer.

I wish I had a camera or even if I could just get the scanner to work but don't and can't but still, it's just so cool. :smirk:

--------------------

Awaken Within!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMrFunguy
#1 Novice

Loc: Oklahoma
Re: At last. hahahaha [Re: darkstar122982]
    #3248704 - 10/12/04 09:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

make sure that you have possitivley identified them of course before you eat them. There are plenty of awesome people on here who can help you with that and will help you not kill yourself. GOOD JOB!!!

Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Loc: The womb of chaos.
Re: At last. hahahaha [Re: MrFunguy]
    #3249982 - 10/13/04 12:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You are absolutely right. It drives me mad that I have no way of showing.

They look just like many examples that I have seen from other people that have posted their picks of the for sure thing. Their stems are distinctly long and of a straw like color. A lot of them have little nipples at the tip whilst the cap comes down and and some, curls inwards at the bottom edges, whilst others sort of spread out a little. The caps are the size of the caps on the semilanceata pics that can be found throught this website and they have all turned rather pale in color, not a pale white, but more of a pale straw color, which I would think just would indicate that they have been where they were for a while and have started to naturally dry maybe.

The area is a very wetland type of area with ponds and such here and there and plenty of tall grasses that form a rather thick covering. The taller grasses are dying and drying and forming in clumps here and there. Animals graze throughout this area. I didn't pick anything directly from animal stuff though. Also didn't see anything growing out of any of it. just down in the grasses here and there, I noticed little parts of the pale mushroom caps barely emerging from the thick entangled grasses. When I noticed one I usually found that it was actually two or so other ones growing with it. This area also floods major in the winter though in spots and becomes heavily saturated with water.
I know I need a pick. and will try.

--------------------

Awaken Within!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification